General News Thread 3.0

A continuation of the closed thread of the same name.

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

1 Like

Yes, the rest of us definitely needed to know that. Important info.

3 Likes

Trump targeted for assassination by world’s worst assassin… Assassin went straight to the front gate declaring his intention to assassinate the POTUS and even added that he would do it with a knife - a knife the guard promptly took from him as he was arrested on the spot.

Fail… A thousand times fail. No retries for this sucker. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

To both fight the coronavirus and control the narrative, Xi JinPing is choosing to criminalize violations of quarantine and infection prevention controls.

The idea is to pin the blame of the virus and it’s ongoing spread on “a few bad eggs who didn’t do what they were supposed to be doing”.

In my personal experience this is a very Chinese thing to do. For example, if you fell and had a scrape, it matters little how you got it. Your parents would tell you: “You’re clumsy. Don’t be so clumsy next time.” or they would ask quite sternly “What were you doing in such a position anyway? Stupid.”

2 Likes

3 Likes

Everyone going “hurr durr time to mute this” - Shut up. Don’t bother posting if you have nothing to contribute.

5 Likes

And so it begins. Ministerial control over the NHS. A disaster waiting to happen.

2 Likes

“Florida Man threatens to assassinate president, gets arrested.”

1 Like

The guy probably just wanted attention. Or he’s geninuly insane.

2 Likes

Or

47-as-FloridaMan: “Hey guard! I’m gonna kill the Donald! A-hyuk!”

Guard: “Yeah right… and how are you gonna do that?”

47-as-FloridaMan: “WITH THIS KNIFE!” pulls out knife!

Guard: “Whoa!” 47 lets the Guard take him down

Guard: “Yeah! Command? I have a situation here! Yeah… this crazy Florida guy just tried to attack the President! No I stopped him at the front gate… Take him to the White House security room for questioning? Copy!”

47-as-FloridaMan: (whispers) “Bingo.”

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes
1 Like

“One report”
Its funny, because the other day I came up with a theory that China tried to weaponize a Virus but it backfired on their own country. Explains the disappearing and silencing of journalists covering the virus.
But really if that paper is serious they must know something we don’t (sarcasm) USA and Israel have not nearly as many “Live Animal food Markets” where experts are saying this virus started in Wuhan.

This reporter should go to North Korea. That country has zero infections reported! Little Rocket Man decides that Nuclear Weapons are too expensive so viral and chemical weapons were developed instead and deployed against a neighbor that would never suspect him - but is led by a President that sheltered his usurper brother years ago!

His country has no problems as they of course have the antidote!

See? I can write stuff up too! :blush:

2 Likes

Hey, a dangerous new virus isn’t sexy enough on its own anymore. You need conspiracy! You need Geo-political drama! You can’t let the truth get in the way of pointing the finger at somebody!

4 Likes

It’s just astonishing the number of outlets doing this now on routine, combined with that crazy “tears of blood” coronavirus story circulating in Philippine social media…

It’s idiotic.

A general reminder this thread is for serious debates regarding world events. If you have nothing to add on the subject, then don’t be disruptive. Jumping into the thread to declare that this thread doesn’t belong on the forum is not a valid contribution. If we follow this faulty logic then all off topic debates that isn’t connected to the Hitman franchise, shouldn’t be allowed.

However luckily this forum is a large community with a lot of different people who connect with each other across multiple interests, that isn’t just tied to Hitman.

6 Likes

“… Ether must have created the novel coronavirus… bastards!” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Since Trump never got to blow up Iran’s cultural sites the mental midget decided to blow up his own.

Oh yeah I came up with this zinger:

Q: How is Trump’s wall unlike Trump
A: It couldn’t avoid the draft

3 Likes