Growing with Hitman

I heard gloomy Chicago also has great tailors somewhere.

1 Like

My sister n law gave me her old Xbox and a few games in 2002-2003 I recall. Silent Hill, Hitman Silent Assassin and Crash Bandicoot. Been hooked ever since. I still can’t explain how very weird it is that the game is somehow in my life in one way or another every single day.

I check the forum or see something that reminds me of the games daily. Never has that happened with any other game I’ve played.

6 Likes

Well I was born in 1989, I started gaming with a PC in 98 with quake II, monkey island, broken sword and the first 3 mortal kombat on mame 32. Then i saw a tv spot in 2001 about the game machine magazine and Hitman c47 attached for that month, the spot said; “And this month: Hitman: pagato per uccidere between a stealth gameplay and shootings play as an cold blood assassin” i thought “oh shit i need it” and for 8€ i buy the best game ever! That’s my altar…

10 Likes

Heck, same. My first gaming console was a Mega Drive but PC was where I really discovered how good gaming could be. Quake 2 and the Broken Sword games especially. Only thing missing is Dungeon Keeper.

2 Likes

Ahhhh King, my dad had sega megadrive with rambo and the pistol i used to play when I was kid! And of course Street fighter 2 on Gameboy.

Oh man Max Payne 1 sweet.

2 Likes

max payne is another of my all-time favourite series. the second one in particular is just perfect.

i have to admit, when i first played max payne, i didn’t realise there was bullet-time or diving until around the finito brothers fight. until then, i thought it was an alright game that was quite difficult. :joy:

2 Likes

Nice set.

Italiano? :slightly_smiling_face:

Mine was Deus Ex (2000) another Eidos invention.

All started with playing codename 47 on a friends PC in my teens. Played every game since. I think my favourite will always be blood money. That’s the game I enjoyed the most and put the most play time into.

1 Like

Esatto! You remember the games machine?

My first Hitman Game was silent assassin when I was around 15 years old. But to be honest, I didn’t really care. You know, I was 15, I had my very first boyfriend… there were things that were more interesting for me than playing games :sweat_smile: after playing SA I skipped contracts, because I was full in puberty.

Blood money was the next hitman game I played and compared to SA i was disappointed. And Absolution topped it all and I turn away from the Hitman franchise. After that, I appreciated other games more.

When the new Hitman came out 2016, I was very sceptical with the episodic release. I thought when the game is as bad as BM and Absolution, I don’t want to buy it and than it’s not even completely. So I waited for the disc version. I bought it but then it stayed on my shelf for another year, because I was writing my bachelor thesis and didn’t had time to play it. But I was all in the franchise again, watching as a silent user in this forum and looking at some tumblr pages with Hitman content.

With the lockdown last year I finally had the time to play Hitman 2016 and Hitman 2 and I was totally flashed. Especially the story! I was very happy, that after the bad written BM and Absolution story, they came back to an interesting plot with interesting characters. So I can’t wait to play H3. I hope they don’t fuck it up.

5 Likes

There are a few that are super old school right down town and look exactly like the shop the game had. One is actually next door to an old school hat shop that sells fedoras and top hats and all that. The tailor I like best moved a few years ago a few blocks down to a new shiny building, but they still make great stuff.

is that italian I hear?

1 Like

Yes it was the Italian name of the game.

Glad I’m not the only “spaghetti eater” :wink:

1 Like

There’s another one!!!

I didnt really discover it myself i was watching a youtuber just doing his thing and next thing in know it, im playing hitman 2,then hitman then hitman BM then hitman 3 then hitman absolution, but i got kinda bored between the hitman 2 and 1 space so i decided to play assassins creed. i now love hitman.

Back in 2005(ish) my older brother rented and then eventually bought Hitman Contracts for his Xbox. I was like 10 or 11 at the time and he’s 4 years older than me.

He liked it enough to get Hitman 2: Silent Assassin although he hated the game because he could never get passed the Hokkaido levels. At the time these were the only entries we could play on his Xbox. I wanted to try these games out because I really liked the concept and I especially liked the concept of this hotel level I saw him play. So he let me play his copy and I started up Traditions Of The Trade. I really liked it even though my idea was to knock out a guard outside the opening metal detector instead of just walking inside like a normal human being.

The level (and game) were fun to my dumb kid brain but I did get scared when I saw the closed off wing of the hotel and saw the ghost. I wanted something a bit less intense so I started from the beginning and escaped an asylum full of people that looked like my character and then the cops raided it, then I went to this mysterious party that made me feel weird because I didn’t know why anyone would dress in leather masks, and then I walked around a fully hostile snowy map where everyone shot me; it definitely wasn’t less intense.

I grew to like the game but I wasn’t very skilled with it. So my heart was set on the sequel which my brother told me was coming out and wow you could dispose of bodies, it blew me away. Eventually Blood Money and its relative beginner friendly attitude helped make me into a huge fan of the series. I initially played it again on his Xbox (original) but eventually got a physical PC copy for my laptop and it consumed my life. My brother got me into the series by buying my first 2 games and he also bought me Absolution for Christmas 2012. While I did hate the game and even avoided buying it day 1 because it didn’t look good, there is something fitting about the brother who got me into the series still trying to continue my passion even after he stopped playing games.

Quick side note but before Blood Money’s release my family drove passed a fast food chain where someone graffiti’d “blood money” in red paint on the side. It was obviously from a protester who didn’t like killing animals. But I genuinely as like a 12 year old said in the car “hey it’s people excited for that game you like.”

11 Likes

My stress relief is play Hitman Contacts anytime amazing atmosphere very dark game my first Hitman game ever Contracts :heart: