H3 - better have all mastery and unlocks from H2

If I have to get all the mastery from H1 and H2 all over again, like we did when Hitman 2 came out, man I’m going to be pissed!

2 Likes

Just now I came back from the briefing with IOI and WB teams where they talked exactly about this thing.
And I have to say that they decided to make Legacy Pack MKII with all 12 locations from previous 2 games. The model of distribution will be just like the same for HITMAN 2.
It goes: for owners of HITMAN 2016 and HITMAN 2 games Legacy Pack MKII will be free, but for those who have only one game (doesn’t matter which) it will cost $69 on top.
For those who redeems or purchases this Pack, all corresponding challenges and unlocks will be added in the game. But as you may have already guessed, you’ll have to achieve and unlock all the stuff all over again.
But as a little bonus to smooth out the discontentment of players, they decided to bring back all the previous challenge packs, Escalations, Bonus Missions, Festive Events and Elusive Targets at once with another additional Pack that will be available for $20 for those who wants all that.
And this content will remain permanently.

So, let the furiousness begin!

9 Likes

This is getting tiresome. Instead of focusing on Hitman 3 alone, I also have to replay BOTH Hitman 2016 and Hitman 2 S̶i̶l̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶A̶s̶s̶a̶s̶s̶i̶n̶ 2018 to unlock everything that I already unlocked? In the end, I would have played Hitman 2016 3 times, Hitman 2 S̶i̶l̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶A̶s̶s̶a̶s̶s̶i̶n̶ 2018 2 times and Hitman 3 once… the F is wrong with people at IOI? Can’t they simply export progress from previous games similar to how CD Projekt Red did with the Witcher series? Is it that hard for them? For real now!

I think they are doing this on purpose just to say how many people are playing Hitman 3 when in reality most will be stuck replaying stuff that they had replayed hundreds/thousands of time before to unlock stuff that that they had already unlocked… Yeah, I can see why people are starting to get bored with this, I really do.

4 Likes

The unlocks should carry over, without a doubt (unless there is a legit gameplay reason for them not to) but in my personal opinion, I wouldn’t mind doing the challenges again. It would make sense to try them again with new gameplay twists (whatever they decide to add in Hitman 3). Important to mention that i really didnt make good progress in Hitman 2016 so i’m actually completing a lot of the challenges for the first time in H2.

2 Likes

Hmmm, in that case IOI could add a Legendary system a la Skyrim in which you can reset challenges but keep the unlocks and redo the challenges again as you please. But that doesn’t change the fact that they don’t want to import our progress from the old games.

Hell, I didn’t even see much differences when redoing the Legacy challenges in Hitman 2 S̶i̶l̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶A̶s̶s̶a̶s̶s̶i̶n̶ 2018 and I doubt they will add some crazy new game mechanics in Hitman 3 that will be a game changer and will be a totally new experience when redoing the Legacy challenges from Hitman 2016 and Hitman 2 S̶i̶l̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶A̶s̶s̶a̶s̶s̶i̶n̶ 2018.

3 Likes

Nonono, this is wrong on SO many levels :grimacing:
@misterkiller , you’re joking right? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Now is it safe to say ET’s have lost their purpose. if the ET’s will be permanently.

I didn’t want this, not at all.

As I thought… I think I will skip the Leagacy Pack MK II for Hitman 3, it’s just too much content/challenges to go through :grimacing:.

Thats one of the challenges they face… gotta be careful when adding things when it could potentially result in TONS of fixing work to balance the legacy content gameplay. If that does end up being the case, they are absolutely going to want to create incentive for that content so it didnt waste their dev time.

I’m as serious as I never been in my entire life

‘You wanted it, you got it!’ ©

4 Likes

Thats what didnt got me mad here too, some of the older ones even have been really, really easy with the new gadgets, as back then some items didnt exist. I am sure there will be such items in Hitman 3 aswell, countering some challenges in Hitman 2. But what I do mind are the horrible, horrible challenges, and the sniper assassin grind, same to the ghost mode grind. If I just think about “Two pence a wish” I already feel myself turning inside out.

2 Likes

I don’t want them to take time to remaster all the missions so they feel more balanced, let them be unbalanced. The content is already made, don’t try to ‘fix’ it, just make new interesting content so if i want to play an escalation I’m OP in that’s my choice, not IO forcing us to play the same escalation 3 times.

1 ‘balanced’ new escalation + 1 ‘unbalanced’ old escalation > 1 ‘balanced’ old escalation

2 Likes

Good point, i didnt even think of the escalations. I was only thinking about the missions. Personally I really dislike the escalation gameplay so i hope they dont spend dev time reviving all that content. I can see your point about leaving it unbalanced. It could be fun to deal with the changes raw but it wouldnt be that polished from a dev perspective - potentially hurting the experience for newcomers wishing to play through the ‘ultimate version’ of the story chronologically.

(this is me being optimistic about h3 bringing in all the people who have slept on the reboot)

Yeah I’d say polish old missions because people will always play those, and it’s easier to re-balance an old mission than make a whole new one :laughing:

I really understand IO wanting to put out a product as good as it can be, that’s admirable. But really they’re just hurting longterm fans by removing content and making it harder for us. Plus, in the end I reckon a new player would be happier with more content than with less that’s slightlyyyy better

1 Like

Hmmm… So I can basically stop playing Hitman 2 & Gold right now and just wait until 3 because… what’s the point if I’ll just have to do it all over again?

I don’t quite see the logic in this…

3 Likes

If you didn’t understand, the whole message was my total fiction for joke purposes.
But who knows, maybe one day part of this will turn up to be true…

1 Like

BWAHAHA, I was hoping it was a joke, but since you’re a true Hitmaster I didn’t wanna assume and look like a noob.

Now I look like a noob anyway. Good game, @misterkiller.

I myself wouldn’t say this about me, but thanks about such an evaluation

you got me cause i read briefing as streaming.

But still, not a lie told on your part. Well besides $69

You know it’s gonna be $100

Can’t wait to rock the classic suit MK2

Oh stop it you.
Now change your name to Hitmister.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind doing ALL of those challenges again as I feel that the more times I do them, the more fun I have.

When I get a new game, I like grinding to unlock the stuff I want, even if it’s just legacy content. That’s one of the things that kept me playing Hitman 2(018) nonstop for over a year. I take it really, really easy unlocking items; I’m not the type to 100% the entire game three days after launch.

After watching a few streamers playing the game from scratch, it made me feel a bit nostalgic seeing those challenges popping up. However, I can understand why there’s people unhappy with this choice. If something should change, it’s the mastery system and the way we unlock items.

3 Likes