H3 - Easter Eggs (EEs)

Swing King graffiti, referencing Blood Money.

16 Likes

One of the Challenges in Berlin or China is called “Waaagh!”, so i guess someone at IO is a Fan of Warhammer.

2 Likes

Oh definitely, I’m confident the DAK series of SMGs pay homage to the Orks.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it will count as Easter egg… but
Heavy Spoiler (Ending stuff/challenge reveal) ahead.

On the last mission, where 47 is holding an “antidote” syringe in his hand, wait for around a minute while holding the syringe, then an alternate ending will appear which contains exactly the words from the beginning of Hitman Codename 47 (or Hitman birth of the Hitman) “Wake up, wake up my friend.”

4 Likes

The Ultimate Black Briefcase has this in the description:
[…] Can be used to conceal illegal items or memories from 2020. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

16 Likes

no idea what that means haha

3 Likes

Surely there must be an EE with the gold ATM in Dubai. Why just spew lots of gold bars near the starting point? There’s also one in a nearby locker/deposit box, and the ATM gives you one with the sheikh’s card. Although, I’m not sure if the spew count is decreased by one if you use the ATM card.

2 Likes

@Notex Have you found anything interesting in the game files?

1 Like

Not sure you’d call them Easter Eggs, but there are a ton of references to other targets and characters in the WOA. Yates being tied to Ken Morgan, apparently the headmaster from Marrakesh is currently writing a book based on the events of the Dartmoor murders, Orson from Hawke’s Bay is apparently one of the super armed guards on the Romania train. Tons of little references like that.

7 Likes

In Berlin, two of the ICA agents are called Swan and Davenport. These two were first mentioned a few years ago in an official Hitman short story called Overachievers.

Overachievers - IO Interactive

30 Likes

Nah haven’t really been looking for anything.

1 Like

I don’t know if this intentional or not but I find it funny that at a level set in a nuclear plant there is an opportunity where Agent Montgomery burns.

Hehe…

16 Likes

Noticed in Kotti’s stream

RIP breaching charge being OP

10 Likes

I can’t tell if this is so cryptic that you can just read stuff into the text that isn’t present. But it sounds like the hippo is talking about upcoming events

"Don’t trust, don’t trust anyone" - Telling us not to trust Diana

“When the wine is poured, the blood will flow” - Obviously refering to the winery we go to in Mendoza

“Don’t dance the dance of death. Don’t trust anyone” - We dance with Diana before she betrays us

“You are on your own, you always were. And you always will be” - Not so sure on this line. Could mean on the last two missions we have no ‘handler’ really?

“Over here. How’s the head. How is your mind?” - Talking about the dream sequence we have on the train. Having to confront all our memories, including killing Diana’s parents

Idk, just a thought :man_shrugging:

12 Likes

We know these are things he worries about (shown in the dream sequence but presumably existing before then), so it’s tempting to say the hippo is imagined by 47, a manifestation of his anxiety.

However the wine thing specifically refers to something he doesn’t know about yet, which suggests the magic hippo is real & malevolent, preying on his fears.

5 Likes

Egg on berlin
https://twitter.com/Birdman_Drew/status/1353391723519606786

Edit, solved it!

Also here is another egg

11 Likes

When that unlocked I was so happy. I think there’s more to find in Berlin, will keep looking.

3 Likes

You here too :o

So yea
What about the eggs
eye in birdhouse

1 Like

By BirdmanDrew (But now with a howto)

29 Likes

Thank you! Where does the 1993 clue come from?

1 Like