H3 - Elusive Targets (ETs)

I personally hope it’s a few weeks before the first few ETs appear, as I need another week to 100% Hitman 2, and then I want to play through 3 without rushing it, before I make a start on ETs and escalations.

This is the first time I have been fully “paying attention” to a Hitman launch, so I don’t know how long it is after launch that ETs start to be released.

3 Likes

I liked Ghost mode very much, playing with friend as some kind of break from main mission was damn good. I could even pay a €20 just to get a Ghost mode as payd DLC, because it’s great expansion for this game. I hope they will maybe reconsider bringing back this mode - maybe without adding matchmaching, just to play with friend.

If comes to Elusive Target, I think they will get rid off all live content. There didn’t mention any word about that. So probably there won’t be any Live content at all…

1 Like

Elusive Target on Carpathian Mountains, please :flushed:

If there is a change, I think one way to keep the original challenge of “Only one attempt, don’t fuck this up” but make it a bit less annoying for players is that once the targets appear in an update (eg. Sean Bean in Mendoza in May), they’ll always be accessible from that point on until the mission is completed/failed. (Eg. You can still choose to take on Sean Bean in Mendoza in August, but still only get one chance at him). But then maybe they won’t be so much ‘elusive’ as ‘limited’ targets …

It’s partly a method to increase player engagement. If something can be done at any time, then what’s the incentive to engage immediately after release?

Bragging rights? Maybe a unique reward like the ICU coin for those who do it in a certain time frame and a slightly different reward later.

In one of the loading screens where there is a little blurb or tip about the game, I saw one that said (paraphrasing as I didn’t get a screenshot of it) Elusive Targets are time limited, you only get one chance to kill the target, and once they are gone, they’re gone forever.

Now that’s not new for anyone used to the games, but to see that tip inside of Hitman 3 might mean that not only are ETs continuing, but that they will be pretty similar to what we’ve seen in the past. I was hoping for permanent unlocks once they release the ETs (sometime soon?) but given that tip, maybe they aren’t changing that much about them.

4 Likes

Huh, interesting. I’ll watch out for that message and try to screengrab it.

2 Likes

If they kept ETs, shouldn’t they have started on release to cash in on that sweet FOMO?

Or maybe at least this week or the next one if they’re still worried about players not being able to log in.

1 Like

As far as I know, the first elusive target was released in May of 2016 while the game was released in March so that was a two-ish month gap. When Hitman 2 came out, there was only week between the release and the first ET. With Hitman 3, they did announce some time ago that they were making some changes to the formula but haven’t said what those were. It’s possible that they intentionally padded in some time between releasing the game and the first ET intentionally to allow for any hiccups with the progress transfer and other issues (which certainly happened). I expect we’ll hear something in February.

Personally I’m in no rush, but it must be hard for them to decide when the best time is to drive community engagement.

Who’s joining me for the third incarnation of #TeamNoRestarts as we end the trilogy? Go slow as you like, go safe as you like, but go once only! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m gonna try to go for an all SASO!KO Fiber Wire. I did pretty good in H2.

1 Like

Hoping that The Chameleon isn’t reactivated then, huh?

3 Likes

2 Likes

Hey, I completed that first go round, I’ll have you know! :grin: (No SA ranking though). My Season 1 final standings were:

Played = 26
Silent Assassin = 13
Completed but no SA = 11
Failed = 2 (the Food Critic and the Badboy)

Can’t remember what my final H2 stats were, but of the ‘new’ non-recycled targets I didn’t fail any, and I SA’ed a couple of them.

I will say that - like I did in H2 - I don’t apply my #TeamNoRestarts rules to ETs that I’m replaying because they’re recycled in a new game though. So all the H1 ETs in H2, I allowed myself restarts to fuck around with because I’d already played my One-And-Done-Run in HITMAN. (Still managed to Fail on The Identity Thief in H2 though, depsite SA-ing it in H1! :laughing:) Likewise, for The Deceivers and any H1/H2 ETs that get recycled in H3, I’ll break my No Restarts rule because I’ve already played those, but any new ETs that we get for any map in H3 (legacy or one of the six new maps), it’s time to get the hashtag out and join the team! :grinning:

1 Like

1 Like

The comment was in reply to Ibbe saying the goal is to Fibre Wire them all - and you can’t fibre wire The Chameleon because of the accident requirement.

I don’t think I restarted on any of the new ETs in H2 (but I could be wrong). Accidental entry into the club I guess. :laughing:

2 Likes

Oh yeah, shit, didn’t spot that! I remember The Chameleon really pissing off @Piano_Man because he couldn’t use the fibrewire for his kill, good times! :rofl:

1 Like

1 Like

Who?

Oh you mean Air Force General Robert James Cobb (Nellis Air Force Base)

1 Like