H3 Pre-Launch Guide (Progression Carryover)

This is a friggin rollercoaster. :joy:

What is your reaction?
  • Will preorder now
  • Will unpreorder now
  • Will ununpreorder now

0 voters

2 Likes

10 Likes

Well, it’s ok, i’m gonna be entertained with Hitman 3 tho, so i don’t mind waiting.

Thanks IO.

5 Likes

Yet you keep posting the same thing.

Maybe don’t do that.

1 Like

Respect to IO, such thing rarely happens those days

7 Likes

I already did and never cancelled it so I guess the first one. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

That’s good for IOI to finally adress this bad situation at 3 days of the launch.

However i’m afraid that the damage has been done already, as lots of people refunded their preorder from EGS :confused:

That’s too bad tho that PC players get neglected so much in those new HITMAN games, almost considered as second-zone customers :sob:

I hope everybody will be satisfied in the end anyway and at no additional cost :+1:

However still looking forward for the Steam release in 2022.

6 Likes

Neglected so much IO, EG and whatever else companies sit together at a Sunday evening to fix this.

19 Likes

Even if the situation didn’t change at all (H1 GOTY given for free and H2 discounted both for a limited time) and that it is only yet another promise, that announcement means they are committed to work out a solution and that there is no backing out anymore. If they don’t manage to transfer ownership their reputation is ruined for a long time.

I can live without Hitman 2 for a few weeks, and newcomers and impatient previous owners can still buy the access pack. Guess I’ll carry over my H2 progress to EGS after all.

Off-topic but does anyone know if the Requiem pack is included in the EGS H1 GOTY? I don’t want to lose it because I was given away a pack that doesn’t include it.

5 Likes

I can imagine so, given it was a pre-order bonus DLC.

1 Like

I have two questions:

1. First this statement:

The carryover process requires an IOI Account and can only be done through a web browser, it’s not possible to do it in-game. We will have the website ready to go before launch, but it is not live yet. Once it is ready, we will share the news via ioi.dk and update this post.

I have pre-ordered Hitman 3 for PS4, but I don’t understand how carryover is made through a web browser on a PC.

So how does this work?
I connect to IOI Account by web browser on PC, ->
then I provide my PS4 identity containing name/password into an IOI Account ->
IOI then uploads my PS4 progression into their server ->
then a script within Hitman 3 on PS4 then checks for my PS4 identity on an IOI Account, and downloads my PS4 progression into Hitman 3 ???

Is this how it works ???

1. Then this statement:

Progression carryover is a one-time process, meaning once you have performed a carryover for a particular platform, you will not be able to do so again at a later time.

So if I upload my Hitman 1&2 progression into PS4, and then later buy a PS5 (when one becomes accessible to buy), I can’t carryover my progression into the free PS5 upgrade ???

This is getting pretty complicated.

Thanks for the help in advance !

Ofc they will since lot of money is involved at 3 days of launch and all the backslash that happened :roll_eyes:

Also it’s not since this issue that PC players are treated like that btw, but since HITMAN 2016!

3 Likes

You won’t need to carryover again. PS4 and PS5 will connect to the same server and the different versions will be interchangeable.

1 Like

The browser thing it’s probably just give a confirmation through IOI account page with datas of your psn is and IOI account

For the ps5 thing progress will be shared between those 2 versions so no need to transfer progress again

Very glad to hear this!

1 Like

So they do care for PC.

I don’t feel treated worse on PC, only this here was the first big issue, and maybe the EGS deal in the first place.

3 Likes

Thanks for the response. I can’t believe the migraine headache that IO Interactive has agreed to. There are potentially millions of users who would want to port over their Hitman 1&2 progression to XBox, PC and PS4, plus there a number of different editions of consoles. This is nuts.

Well then maybe you should check all the messages on social medias from PC users complaining about the general mess that happens constantly for PC users since those new HITMAN releases…

Overall it’s a small part of the playerbase that even knows this, the majority who will buy the game had no idea this even was an issue, people like my brother won’t even know. We exist within a subcategory of players who seek out information on a larger scale and engage with the franchise outside the game.

2 Likes

IOI already has everyone’s progression information (whether this is a PC or console) on their servers. So I am not entirely clear why it is important to work through an IOI account. This requirement doesn’t matter to me. I was just curious.