Hardest to kill targets - SASO

I was playing around with a contract (Wired Connection MK II - Bangkok). Didn’t realise untill then how hard it is (at least for me) to kill Dexy Barat SASO. Any other targets spring to mind? Or did I just miss something very obvious and it’s acutally easy to kill her in close combat?

1 Like

She drinks from a glass at the sleeping guy on the top floor

I know. But getting there just in your suit is a pain in the ass. And try to garrotte her up there. Everybody suddenly sees you…

There are probably harder; if you consider random people who are in the middle of a crowd and do absolutely nothing for example. I don’t often do suit-only, though.

1 Like

Most NPCs in public areas are hard to kill SASO. Outside of contracts mode though the hardest SASO target overall is definitely Blair Redington. That mission is such a gigantic pain in the ass to complete in SASO since you gotta subdue a ton of guards and completing the secondary objective is very frustrating.

I’m pretty sure the easiest way to kill Dexy is during her scripted conversation with Jordan in the top floor of the suite. There’s a nearby room that has a katana and a guitar inside. You just gotta wait until she has her conversation with Jordan, then you interact with the guitar and she will go to the room and investigate the noise you just caused, and you can garrote her and hide her body in a nearby closet undetected. Probably easier said than done, though, I haven’t played Bangkok in a while but that’s the way I would have done it.

1 Like

Right. But getting there is a pain in the ass. Sneaking through the whole recording-floor…

1 Like

If I remember correctly, you can get Dexy at the beginning of the level when she’s about to get to the recording studio. Not sure if it works on contracts, but basically jump through the window next to the café from the default starting location, and sneak your way through the ventilation system, and then up the stairs so you will get behind the two guards guarding that part of the Hotel. Either with a placed coin or just showing yourself, you can trick her down through the door.

If you guys have a hard time getting at someone, try to cause explosions. I believe there’s a Fire extinguisher up there you can shoot. Remember that you can bring it with you and experiment with an explosion at different locations. This can break an NPC’s routine and can give successful results by making an NPC’s run into a room, or maybe make them place themselves all alone while 47 is lurking in the shadows.

1 Like

Did you ever see that contract on Absolution, where the target was a guy on the phone outside of that fight with Sanchez? The condition was to kill him with an accident or something and the only solution was to continuously distract him with items, until you could gradually lure him backstage, them upstairs, then to a balcony overlooking the fight. That was tricky :smile:

1 Like

Oh my god! I completely forgot about this. You’re right. That was brutal!

1 Like

I’ve only played the last two games so don’t know that, I’m afraid. Sounds difficult!

1 Like

It took me forever to figure out how to do it! I was inspecting every part of that level, trying to find something I could take with me to take to him, to kill him in an accident! Drop a gasoline can next to him, shoot it? Nope, explosive kill. And I think the body had to be hidden too, didn’t it?

Bear in mind this was before you could just jab someone with an emetic and they’d go to the nearest toilet/bin/open window. The only way to get the NPCs to move was to either shoot (scaring them away), or to throw something to attract them! So you had to pull the ol’ Lob and Lure to get him the completely other end of the level, it was ridiculous :smile:

1 Like