Hate for Japanese missions?

I see many people complain how they had a bad experience with those missions. I have no idea why people would hate them so much. Sure it’s nowhere near bestestest mission in franchise but hate? IDK man. Would really appreiciate if someone tell me why.

The first and last missions in Japan are decent but Hidden Valley and At the Gates suffer from bad AI for the guards and the trucks that are meant to transport 47. Another issue, related to the trucks is the bugged hitbox that can kill guards and the player getting penalized for it.

9 Likes

It’s Hidden Valley and At The Gates that gets the most hate and rightfully so. That’s where all the flaws and limits of the AI shine so bright that it’s blinding.

4 Likes

Hidden Valley and At The Gates are not only the worst missions in Silent Assassin, they’re the worst missions out of the classic games. Shogun Showdown is also pretty bad but not on the same level.

I know my brother outright stopped playing the game because of the damn snipers detecting you everywhere. It’s a shame they suck so much because the 3 Malaysia levels are really good and you have to go through shit to reach them.

3 Likes

If you like them, more power to you.

You can join me at the next annual bad Hitman opinions club. I’m going to discuss why The Author is the best Sapienza mission.

Well what were the odds to have the video rendering be right at Hidden Valley :laughing:

1 Like

To be fair Hidden Valley is so big and long it isn’t that surprising.

1 Like

Actually, Hidden Valley is pretty easy once you learn you can get in the first truck, then get out of it right before four ninjas check the cargo, sneak past them, then catch another truck. Boom, no need to run, avoid guards, change disguises, hide from snipers - just wait until the trucks get you to your final destination :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

cough what? cough can’t cough wait cough for cough the cough explanation cough

Problem with the trucks is that most of the time they get stuck at the stop and a lot of times ninjas get killed because of the damn hitbox. I almost cried trying to finish this mission when I was younger. It’s borken!
In my walkthough it actually glitched so I had to make it on foot through the tunnel :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

one reason i don’t like the middle two missions in japan is the lack of actual hits. it’s just moving from one bit to the next, as i recall.

it’s hitman not travelman*

*this comment will bite me in the arse when i say something like: “i wish the new york bank was just a heist” but that’s different because raisins, okay?

2 Likes

12 Likes

Tracking Hayamoto and Shogun Showdown are neat missions (specially Shogun Showdown).

Hidden Valley is quite annoying but perfectly possible to do even Silent Assassin/Suit Only if you find the right route for the truck and navigate the tunnels mindful of the ninjas routes.

Regarless, At The Gates isn’t just tedious but aswell quite unfair given how easily spotted you are from the distance and there are no real means to help it more than some strategy mixed with luck. Only once I managed to do it SA/SO and all thanks to a last chunk of luck that prevented me from getting headshoted by the snipers.

3 Likes

Hidden Valley and At the Gates both suck ass, i completed them both once SA, just so i can I’ve SA’d every Hitman Level there is.
Nowadays i just kill every damn Ninja in my way and call it a day.

3 Likes

urge to write a post on the problems with absolution that entirely consists of the word ‘fuck’ written over 2,000 times… rising

2 Likes

Never heard anyone say anything bad about Tracking Hyamoto… that’s actually a solid level and a nice change of pace after all the St Petersberg missions.

Hidden Valley and At The Gates are a problem not just because of the bugs and the fact there are no targets, and a lot of nothing in a travelling map, but because they are one after another. There’s no good reason to have 2 levels in a row that are purely ‘getting to the fortress’. You could completely drop Hidden Valley and you wouldn’t miss anything. At The Gates to a lesser extent, but HV could have just had the castle at the end and you’d be in the same scenario.

They’d be completely forgettable (like the Graveyard Shift) if it wasn’t for YAME YAME and the sheer frustration.

6 Likes

I actually heard one person complain about Tracking Hayamoto. I don’t agree with this, it was in a video review I personally don’t like but just for fun I’ll share their complaint.

They said the mission was awful because it was too small. It apparently has no challenge since you can run in and out in a few seconds. Mission is too short (yeah if you run in guns blazing).

I hated this opinion but there was someone who hated this mission more than the upcoming Japan ones.

3 Likes

I feel like the guard’s disguise doesn’t work in Tracking Hayamoto… They’re not even Yame-ing me, just straight up start shooting. Can someone explain this?

1 Like

Only the full suit disguise works since the other type of guards have sleeveless shirts and they have tattoos which 47 doesn’t so it’s a dead giveaway.
Also the elites can see through the other disguises at close distance so stay away from them.

Here’s the walkthrough I’ve been blabbering on about, maybe it helps.

1:21:23 for Tracking Hayamoto

2 Likes

I didn’t think it was that bad, compared to the rest of the levels it’s really weak but I can’t say I hate it personally. I actually managed to completely avoid the snipers once or twice I think but could never do it again.

Also, I’m not sure how well known this is but you can basically forego the entire level if you’re quick enough to hop on the beginning truck and wedge yourself in at the end. It’s probably quite difficult though.

3 Likes