<HCCE> Contract Creator Extended [Mod/Tool v1.7]

I have the message; “Ambiguously name weapons cannot be used” and the publish button is grayed out. I thought that was kind of the point of using this (choosing which weapons you’d like for the player to use).

I’m using the Bartoli Woodsman as the sniper rifle, and jolly good proximity duck. All of which should be obtainable in H3. I’m wanting to use the BW since it’s not silenced to add more of a challenge. Any work around? Or do I just ask the player to “please use such and such weapons” nicely? :sweat_smile:

Edit: Is there perhaps some other Sniper Rifle the tool will let me use that won’t cause a bullet distraction if it penetrates the body and causes a corpse-revealing bullet distraction?

Edit: Nevermind. If bodies get found from using the wrong sniper rifle then that’s not on me. :expressionless:

And that’s mostly for one particular target.

There are some weapons that have the same name but different ids. So the tool doesn’t allow contracts to use those weapons specifically because there’s no way in game to know what the correct variant is.

Yeah both the sniper and the duck exist with the same name as multiple items, I forbid that. The player might play your contract over and over and wondering why the objective is failed just because a wrong item with the same name was used.

2 Likes

As far as the Bartoli Woodsman is concerned… (Disregarding the bug of it missing for the moment) the ICA variant actually has “ICA (whatever)” in its name.

For the Proximity Ducks I see how they’re named alike. So why is the BW forbidden? Is there some other identifier in the game code that makes the 2 appear indistinguishable? Just curious.

1 Like

You did not say you talk about the ICA variant. The non ICA variant comes in variations: The on-map one in Mendoza and Berlin and the unlockable.

2 Likes

Ah! I get it. Yeah. That’d be a bit of a d. move to swap BW rifles with the one you bring in and the ones in the missions. I guess I was assuming the tool would only account for what you could bring into the mission. :man_facepalming:

But if there’s no superficially duplicate (items) in a mission… :thinking:
FWIW: I was making a contract for Chongqing.

I would think you could potentially allow for some locations to let you choose whichever item as long as there isn’t a duplicate on the map. But a universal rule might be best/easiest. I can see the potential for headaches in that regard. Yeah. Let’s just forget that idea. :sweat_smile:

I work on resolving this, it is sadly complicated though obviously the BW on other maps than Berlin/Mendoza is fine. But that is just one of the few exceptions.

I can offer you to use another sniper weapon, post the json here and I edit the weapon into the json you want to use. Then you can recreate it with the json. That is done easier than inserting an exception

1 Like

Figured I should reply… Since I’ve already made the contract, I won’t bother, but I do appreciate the offer. I guess I’ll leave it as is and those who are observant (or knowledgeable) will be rewarded.

Or, they could get lucky with another sniper rifle. The BW makes who it kills (with a headshot) to drop, instead of sending them flying.

I created a contract and I would like to delete it, or overwrite it. Can I overwrite or something similar to that a contract?

No, there’s really no way for a user (or anyone here) to edit or delete a contract once it’s been published. Although, if it had something deemed offensive in it - then it could possibly be reported and IO would take it down. But I imagine that’s not the case here.

Ok thanks. I think I am not the only one here mad because an user cannot delete contracts or simply edit them.

I don’t know why I didn’t think of it when I made my last contract, but is it too late to generate Steam and Console versions after a contract has already been published? Or must it be done at the instant it’s published?

Sorry if this has already been answered/talked about.

If so… How? I’m thinking it must involve getting the json file or whatever is associated with it. :man_shrugging:

Edit: I’m guessing this is how.

I’ll look into it when I get back home.

1 Like

Hey, I currently work on a larger update with bug fixes and maybe a new feature or two. It will still take some days, a week or maybe a few days more than that.

However, I am happy to confirm the next version will make Xbox recreations working again and other users who got the error “User Id must be set” when entering their token will also be able to use HCCE soon! :partying_face:

7 Likes

I might as well post this… Whatever I did in regards to trying to make console versions it made a duplicate that was playable on Epic (which I’m already on) and it only added or changed (something like)

Made by Tetrafish_21, via Steam

or however it was worded. I didn’t feel like trying again. Maybe if there were a tree path diagram that shows how to get from the contract one made on their platform of choice to whichever other platform/s. :persevere:

Edit: Or just learn from your (1st) mistake and try a different way next time. Now, if I could just remember what I did wrong. :thinking:

It sounds like you used an Epic token, not one for your console account.

When you use HCCE and close the game, HCCE remembers your last Epic token in case you want to use it for other things. The recreator window shows what platform the current token is for. When it says “Epic” then you did not enter a different one.

If the “Login into your account” button did not cause a new token to be entered automatically, try again but with another browser. Chrome seems to always work, Firefox just sometimes.

4 Likes

Since I do some changes, I’d like some feedback about the Username feature in the top right of the editor.
If it is not useful for you people, I will remove it and only use the nickname of the token owner to add it to the contract filename.

• I use the Username field to credit the original author of the contract
  • I use the Username field to add my own name to the briefing
  • I regularily clear the Username field because I don’t want a username in the briefing
  • I don’t pay any attention to the Username field
  • I don’t use HCCE

0 voters

2 Likes

Is anyone here willing to help me with a creation of an HCCE contract for the Hot Scope FCs?

1 Like

HCCE Update v1.3

Finally all changes are done and all tests I could imagine pass as desired.
I rewrote a large chunk of the code in HCCE so please if you notice something weird or any bugs, report it to me so I can fix it. This especially applies to console users, I could not get my hands on many valid tokens to test everything.

As before, download the files again and overwrite the existing ones in Fiddler’s Scripts folder. If you forgot the details, look up the installation again.

I also wanted to make the patch notes IOI style so here we go:

Creator

Retirement Industry Tycoon
Non-Target kills can now be added as Any Method / Any Disguise targets. This option is available as long adding them would not raise the overall target count past 20. If picked, they will be added after the the usual targets in the order they were killed.

grafik

That immersion
The character limit for briefings was raised to 1000, which is twice as much the game allows you to use. Time for the epic briefings nobody will read!

Next Stop: null
A certain parameter in the contract Json could be set to an invalid value that makes the json unusable until the value is manually fixed. Nowkinda, see below this problem is automatically tracked and fixed.

Recreator / Lookup…er?

The recreator got a huuuge overhaul:

New features and fixes:

Hi, My Name Is…
A bug that invalidated tokens when the user name was looked up is now fixed. This prevented some Playstation and Xbox users to use HCCE, they received the message “User Id must be set” when inserting their token. With this fix Xbox users finally can recreate contracts again! But remember that Xbox users who owned other Trilogy games before H3 are still affected by a bug that prevents using HCCE.

Spiced Vanilla
HCCE is now able to use your token to look up contracts on your platform to generate valid HCCE json files. This way HCCE can be used to recreate them even if they were not made with HCCE originally. Note that the previously mentioned issues with Xbox apply here too.

Collectors Edition
You have H3 on multiple systems and want to recreate multiple contracts on each of them? HCCE now tracks your added tokens for every platform in a tidy list. It will also hinder you to publish the same contract on the same system twice. Tracking is done as long you don’t close Fiddler.

Intentional Data Breach
Tokens can be donated to the HITMAPS™ bot which is currently used by the Frote7’s Speedrun Community Discord to look up contracts and leaderboards. You might be no active user there, but it is greatly appreciated if you press that donate button whenever you see it!

My Contracts
Tired of manually opening your contract files to copy the content into the recreator? Now you can simply select them with a press on a new button!

Italic Disco
Confused by the inputs? Hover on them to get a short explaination what they do.

Why Not Both?
The recreator can now be opened while the game is running.

General Changes/Fixes

Expect The Unexcepted
Error logs contain more useful information for me and for you too within the HCCE interfaces. I hope. This is supported by additional debug files that come with this and future updates.

Green Traffic Lights
H3 network traffic that HCCE looks into is now marked green in Fiddler and traffic sent by HCCE itself is marked light-green. This might be helpful to track down issues you want to report to me.

Looking into the future

Unless IO does not add new things to contract mode, I see no features that are missing to HCCE at this point. The next task is to edit the first post with updated tutorials for the now added features and to finally reduce the list of weapons that are currenlty forbidden in the Creator. I have an idea how to do that and hopefully my real life offers me enough time too.

Also I want to note that I did not yet update the data which is loaded by HCCE. This means items and suits added to the game the past months are still unknown to HCCE. Their names cannot be displayed until then. Please be patient and :crossed_fingers: that I do that in the following week. The fix mentioned in “Next Stop: null” will also be postponed until I update the data. This won’t need another manual update from your side though.

The far goal after that will be a HCCE version that uses Fiddler Core instead of Fiddler Classic. This would ship this tool in an easy installer that hides all that Fiddler stuff from you and makes it easier to use. I aim for publishing that HCCE version on Nexus as well. This might be far away still but many changes I did to the code in this update are already a big step into that direction. What I am looking for until then is much feedback to polish HCCE as much as I can.

Happy creating!

Thanks again to @MrMike for providing some insights into his bot, also to translate existing contracts to HCCE json files. :+1:

And no new release would be complete without immediatly going offline to get some sleep. :upside_down_face:

16 Likes

A Playstation user had the exact same issue some XBox users have, their token did not work for HCCE. So it seems both platforms can suffer from this, I guess because the token the login site returns is not for H3 but H2 or H2016.

Luckily there is a fix for Playstation users:

1. Open up your settings.
  2. Go to the “Users and Accounts” menu.
  3. Scroll down to “Other.”
  4. Click on “console sharing and offline play.”
  5. Create a new PSN account on the same console.
  6. Boot up Hitman 3 and get past the starting screen.
  7. Use this account from now on for HCCE.

There surely is a comparable solution for Xbox but I did not look it up yet.

A small update regarding this, I set up my script to generate that data. Not sure if you consider this fun, but the way I collect the data involves basically pick-up everything on every contract map. Since that includes the weapons of guards, it is also basically a Kill-Everyone challenge for every map. :upside_down_face:
I will probably use some mods that makes it easy, like fire kill everyone in a huge range.

When I got through every map once, which surely takes some time, the data will up to date from there on. When a new game patch comes I almost only have to press a button to update everything.

2 Likes

Works like a charm, thank U!

2 Likes