Hitman 2 - constant crashing with 0x80000003

I can confirm that 417.71 didn’t fix the exception.
As a test I walked around the tower in Mumbai and shot about 20 NPC’s with a pistol, 15 minutes into it the game crashed:

Faulting application name: hitman2.exe, version: 2.12.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c1b7bca
Faulting module name: hitman2.exe, version: 2.12.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c1b7bca
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x0000000001150925
Faulting process id: 0x9f8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4ad95054596b4
Faulting application path: G:\Games\steamapps\common\HITMAN2\retail\hitman2.exe
Faulting module path: G:\Games\steamapps\common\HITMAN2\retail\hitman2.exe
Report Id: ce6da5fe-4901-46fc-88a4-3817d288743e
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

As I said before, 417.71 is NOT supposed to fix this Hitman issue.

The 0x80000003 exception is listed in the open issues section, so it is not yet fixed

EDIT: they removed this open issue from the list.
Here’s what ManuelGuzmanNV said on nvidia forum: “I just removed it as it seems we are able to reproduce it with a competitor board as well.”

So we must wait for a game update

I assume IO have a 2080 themselves for testing :thinking:
Maybe they are running it on an AMD CPU and its not triggering the crash or something.

Nah, I can tell you for a fact that AMD CPUs trigger the crash too. Running into the same thing with a RTX 2070 and Ryzen 5 1600.

Some GTX1080 owners are also seeing the crash, but I dont know if its the same offset 0x0000000001150925

My game keeps crashing to desktop no error code and I can’t find a dump file on my PC. Today it crashes 3 times with around 10 min play time in Mumbai.

• RTX 2080
  • i7-9700k
  • 16 GB DDR4

and windows 10.

I have tried to update to the latest Nvidia driver released today and clean install the game a couple of days ago. So far non of it have helped. I did not have this problem with my GTX 1080.

If 1080 works, I assume RTX has not optimized (or fully supported) yet.
Also if you have warranty, you may exchange your new card. Maybe you got defective piece

//
Suddenly I began experiencing this error code today while playing kill/subdue all in silent assasin mode.
After 2:40 gameplay time in Santa Fortuna the game began just dissapear without any error messages.
But in event viewer it gives me exact the same (maybe a slightly different) message as most of you posting here.

But I know the most possible reason of my game behaviors this way.
My HDDs nearly dead. As simple as that.
Maybe someone of you have the same problem?

Another possible reason is hiding in the game itself.

That’s the way the cookie crumbles

@Clemens_IOI @Travis_IOI What’s going on? Everything that surrounds this issue, the lack of technical support, news or updates is kinda pathetic, a real shame.

I made an account just to personally respond to this thread.

I do think it is entirely bonkers that the very newest generation of Nvidia graphics cards are unable to play this game.
I mean, we are the cutting edge of GPU technology at this time and my 980Ti can play the game with more stability than what I am getting from my 2080 Ti.

I guess I understand from IOI / Nvidia perspective to keep this buried and not brought to light, how a tremendous amount of RTX early adopters are not able to play one of the premier titles with DLSS … hell, DirectX 12 doesn’t even run on Hitman 2.

It is a botch up all the way around.

The least IOI and Nvidia can do is just let us know when we can expect to play this game.

We bought the RTX cards.
We bought the friggin game.
We can’t play.

Is it too much to ask when we can expect to get what we paid for?

I see no reason to do that, the card works as intended, I have no issue with BF V, R6 Siege or any other game for that matter. It’s not uncommon problem with RTX 2080 and H2.

It’s just an option, not necessity.
I think you just have to wait for RTX to be fully integrated in H2

I am, but I hope it will happen before the next Elusive Target comes out. Because the game crashing cause me to fail, that would be extremely annoying.

We’re still looking at this issue. And I’m sorry I don’t have any updates on this topic at this moment. But I promise you, I’ll write here as soon as I know anything.

Official HITMAN 2 Technical Support Thread

I might have found a “fix” and it’s pretty simple. I been trying to stabilise my frame rate to see if that could fix the problem. I turned V-Sync on and set it to V-Sync Interval 1, normally I don’t ever use V-Sync since I got a G-Sync monitor. But after turning it on I havn’t seen any lag spikes / big frame rate drops. But I might just be lucky that it hasn’t crashed yet.

But normally the game crashed very often in Mumbai.

Thank you @Clemens_IOI . I don’t know the protocols of communication between departments of IO Interactive or WB Games, but please we highly appreciate if you inform QA of the importance of the issue and the growing discomfort and general anger that is causing the lack of a fix and of official information on it by the side of IOI. The image of IOI and WB Games is being gave is terrible and it can really take its toll if the situation is not reversed soon.

As of late, crashes became unbearable. Every 40-60 minutes game just stops working and crashed to desktop. Even BSODed out on me both on my stationary PC and on my laptop.

I have no idea what’s causing this - Nvidia driversm memory leaks or game code - but fix this as soon as possible. At the current state, game is unplayable on lengthy game sessions.

And with ET coming, I really don’t want to lose it due to a random crash.

@Travis_IOI @Clemens_IOI

Misterkiller has helped me a lot with his advice and action and hope that there is someone who can solve my problem because I have not been able to play for over 3 weeks where I ended.
You are talking about the update of Nvidia driver 417.71 and I did yesterday but always keep the same problem.
Eventually I found out that it is not my PC or that it has something to do with my settings or that my hard disks are damaged.
Short summary of what happens:
For weeks my game freezes and I’m now at level of Mumbai Chasing a Ghost, where I have to kill 3 people and now only Wazir Kale.
I am in the basement and after 1 minute my image is stopped and after 5 seconds I am standing on my desktop.
Tried several times and started somewhere in that level but always the same problem.
What I also find weird when I open the stored field of the cellar, then my mission succeeded and I see that I have already killed Wazir Kale which is not true and now I have to kill a 4th person.
I see and read that several people have this problem.
With me HDDS is nothing wrong, I have downloaded and installed Crystal disk info at the request of a techie.
There is nothing with me, my PC runs faster and I just have a dynamic volume D.
What I find very strange is that if I just play the normal version and I just from the beginning under the Load button where he also keeps saving his own.
So when I start up I can choose where I want to play and there I have this problem.
Now I played the Sniper Assasin yesterday and just spent 10 minutes without problem.
Somewhat weird so I just think there is a bug or error and then perhaps specifically in saving the game under the load table.
My Pc Specifications are:
Windows 10
Intel® Core ™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20 GHz.
16 RAM
64 bit operating system, x64 processor.
Geforce GTX 1070
Display 3840 x 2160 60Hz

I do not know what to do anymore, it makes me crazy.

“I might have found a “fix” and it’s pretty simple. I been trying to stabilise my frame rate to see if that could fix the problem. I turned V-Sync on and set it to V-Sync Interval 1”

Could it be that simple? I also normally run with VSync off, I’d never have thought to try that.

Could be luck too, I’ve had a session in that level where it didn’t crash before - random crashes are super annoying.

I’ll have to do some further testing myself. But so far no crashes or lag spikes.

@Clemens_IOI @Travis_IOI please give a update. Can i give the game back? It is unplayable with this bug for me.