Hitman 2 - constant crashing with 0x80000003

Meanwhile, I think the problem is caused by the Nvidia driver. Today came a hotfix from Nvidia but unfortunately for only Tomb Raider.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1091660/geforce-drivers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-417-58-released-12-28-18-/

I hope the developers are in contact with Nvidia, i think its a driver problem.

Hitman’s Glacier 2 engine is one of the most full featured game engines on PC, with DX12 support and latest Nvidia features, like DLSS (soon). Of course they are :sweat_smile:

Like many others, I spoke too soon. I am still getting crashes, albeit less frequently.

ModLoad: 00007ffeeba30000 00007ffeeba46000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\OnDemandConnRouteHelper.dll

Is it really necessary for you guys to constantly load that file IO? you’re doing it hundreds upon hundreds of times while the connection is active, if there’s a memory leak somewhere it wouldn’t surprise me if this was the cause.

Typically you’d load a dll once and keep it in memory, not constantly load and unload it. I don’t see the game doing that for other things.

Ok maybe i’m talking utter crap, or maybe i’m not… sometimes people say the game is more stable one day than another, could it be an internet problem? :stuck_out_tongue:

Just chiming in to say that I have the same issue, using an RTX 2080. Haven’t been able to get 20 minutes into the first level without a CTD. Irritated at the lack of acknowledgement from IO who seem pleased to take our money for a game we cannot play. :rage:

Their total lack of customer support is striking,

Even if the problem wasn’t their fault, they could come out and clarify that so we can try and figure out what actually is causing these problems, is it NVidias fault?

Silence might as well just be them saying “hey, its not our problem. LOL”

@Travis_IOI thanks for all that amazing help you gave us IOI

IOI almost never communicates on the technical aspect their games (except at technical devs conferences). But the silence about a major issue affecting a large part of the community is very strange. I think they facing problems internally about Glacier engine which explains why they do not communicate, this is the most likely reason.

I wonder if it’s related to Jonas Meyer (the Lead Render Programmer), who has left the company in december. He was working on the Glacier 2 engine since Absolution, and implemented DirectX12 with his amazing team. This is just an assumption, but he will be joining the Epic Games’s rendering team at Copenhagen, like Rune Stubbe, former principal render programmer at IOI.

https://twitter.com/morfar/status/1073624283371442176
https://twitter.com/Stubbesaurus/status/1073570770406817792

Hey same here, Exception code: 0x80000003

Happened repeatedly for the past few levels I’ve been playing. Seems like I’m usually okay for 30 min or so then it starts happening a lot.

Got a RTX 2080 w/ the latest drivers as well. Seems like the latest theory is that’s related.

Thought uninstalling f.lux and enabling ‘Override Memory Safeguards’ resolved the problem, but nope:

Faulting module name: hitman2.exe, version: 2.12.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c1b7bca
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x0000000001150925

Can pls one Developer say something about this problem ? :frowning: You work on it ?

Yep Having the same problems as everyone else, this is terrible.

System specs (if it matters) are rtx 2080, r5 2600x, 16gb of ram.

We continue to suffer CTD issue and haven’t yet obtained any kind of technical support or official response. At this point, I would propose taking more serious and decisive measures against IO Interactive and WB Games in order to reverse this disgusting situation and/or to get a fair compensation for all the inconvenience.

Bugfix or RITO ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨

I shouldn’t have trusted this company when i saw them join WB. They are giving us the classic WB treatment. Ignoring bugs and radio silence. If i could i would refund the game right now.

Like a class action lawsuit? It is definitely terrible customer service and a breach of good business ethics but I think it might be hard to show that it violates any legal obligations they have to their customers. I’m just hoping that they address the issue in a version update or that Nvidia addresses it in their next driver update. But the fact that this issue is being reported repeatedly on this forum as well as Nvidia’s with no company feedback on either site is not cool.

Same problem here:

Faulting application name: hitman2.exe, version: 2.12.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c1b7bca
Faulting module name: hitman2.exe, version: 2.12.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c1b7bca
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x0000000001150925

EVGA Geforce RTX 2070 XC Ultra Gaming
Driver version: 417.35
Core i5-6600K
8 GB Ram
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.195)

Everything is fine.

IOI … I love your 2016 and 2018 games… but this crash to desktop issue remaining unanswered after two months…

@Travis_IOI
@Clemens_IOI

Perhaps its just a null shader?
Could be an easy fix.

This has been reported, and the team is looking at the issue.