Hitman 2 content is crashing on Phenom 2 CPUs

+1 AMD Phenom II 1055T

2 Likes

Good to see this finally acknowledged by IOI. I hope there is a quick fix like orher games have done before.
WB support also aknowledged this by email so thanks for that also.

Still it is really unacceptable to treat your customers like that on behalf of pirates.
People paid 90 dollars for a game within their specs and got locked out for days instead!

3 Likes

I have bought the standart edition from steam and now download the game but I have read in various forums
those who have AMD phenom proccecors they are in trouble and within them I include myself
I hope to fix it thanks
My PC : CPU AMD Phenom II x4 955
GPU ASUS Radeon R9 270X 2GB
RAM 8GB Dual Chanell

1 Like

I don’t have a Phenom, but I do have an AMD processor and I’m running into exactly the same problem, so my specs might be helpful to the devs trying to debug this.
CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K
GPU: Nvidia GTX 780
16 gigs of RAM, Windows 10.

I can play the season 1 missions fine, but the season 2 missions crash after attempting to start the level. Cheers, and thanks.

1 Like

same…phenom 2x6 1055t

Hi!

Just to clear things up it is not Denuvos fault.

I know because its my code that is causing the crash. I’m sorry for causing you to wait - Please be rest assured that this will be fixed as soon as possible.

-Jonas

6 Likes

Thanks for the response, can’t wait to play! Love your work!

2 Likes

Hi Jonas, thanks for the follow-up, and being straight-forward enough to own the issue. I know better than to ask for a specific timeline, so I’ll just be waiting patiently and hoping it’s all sorted out before old Mr. Bean makes his escape :sweat_smile:

Thanks again, this has been a point of stress since the 8th! I’ll edit my post to get rid of Denuvo blame and frustrated complaining, no need to conflate the issue.

1 Like

Heres some more details:

One of the things we added for Season 2 was a software rasterizer to aid in culling objects that are not visible.
The code we based it on used a few(3!) instructions categorized under SSE4.1. Phenom only supports SSE3.

The reason it does not crash on Season 1 & Sniper challenge is that those levels use the previous occlusion system, which means never runs the code that is incompatible with Phenom.

6 Likes

Hi Jonasm. Many thanks for clarifying. I absolutely love this game and will wait patiently for your fix! I just sincerely hope Sean Bean doesn’t escape! Hyped for the explosive pen. I will update my post on steam to clarify as well that it isn’t Denuvo’s fault this time.

3 Likes

Are you hand writing ASM, or is it a compiler optimization that chooses SSE4.1 instructions?

Edit: if anyone is interested in a little technical details about the ‘culling’ Jonas is referring to:

Same problem, I hope this update wont take so much time. But thanks for working on it :slight_smile:

Hope patch will be released soon. I’m waiting for three days :frowning:

Same here, waiting :confused:

Is it fixed or still no?

Still no. I’m checking every hour on Steam

Can you please write down here when it will be fixed,please

Are you saying denuvo dont require SSE4.1 anymore? I haven’t heard about this change

@ioi_jonasm
@Clemens_IOI can you please give us approximate data of update,so we wont refresh all sites and steam every 1 hour,pleaseee

3 Likes

It is coming tomorrow :))

2 Likes