Hitman 2 content is crashing on Phenom 2 CPUs

I don’t have a Phenom, but I do have an AMD processor and I’m running into exactly the same problem, so my specs might be helpful to the devs trying to debug this.
CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K
GPU: Nvidia GTX 780
16 gigs of RAM, Windows 10.

I can play the season 1 missions fine, but the season 2 missions crash after attempting to start the level. Cheers, and thanks.

same…phenom 2x6 1055t

Hi!

Just to clear things up it is not Denuvos fault.

I know because its my code that is causing the crash. I’m sorry for causing you to wait - Please be rest assured that this will be fixed as soon as possible.

-Jonas

Thanks for the response, can’t wait to play! Love your work!

Hi Jonas, thanks for the follow-up, and being straight-forward enough to own the issue. I know better than to ask for a specific timeline, so I’ll just be waiting patiently and hoping it’s all sorted out before old Mr. Bean makes his escape :sweat_smile:

Thanks again, this has been a point of stress since the 8th! I’ll edit my post to get rid of Denuvo blame and frustrated complaining, no need to conflate the issue.

Heres some more details:

One of the things we added for Season 2 was a software rasterizer to aid in culling objects that are not visible.
The code we based it on used a few(3!) instructions categorized under SSE4.1. Phenom only supports SSE3.

The reason it does not crash on Season 1 & Sniper challenge is that those levels use the previous occlusion system, which means never runs the code that is incompatible with Phenom.

Official HITMAN 2 Technical Support Thread

Hi Jonasm. Many thanks for clarifying. I absolutely love this game and will wait patiently for your fix! I just sincerely hope Sean Bean doesn’t escape! Hyped for the explosive pen. I will update my post on steam to clarify as well that it isn’t Denuvo’s fault this time.

Are you hand writing ASM, or is it a compiler optimization that chooses SSE4.1 instructions?

Edit: if anyone is interested in a little technical details about the ‘culling’ Jonas is referring to:

Same problem, I hope this update wont take so much time. But thanks for working on it :slight_smile:

Hope patch will be released soon. I’m waiting for three days :frowning:

Same here, waiting :confused:

Is it fixed or still no?

Still no. I’m checking every hour on Steam

Can you please write down here when it will be fixed,please

Are you saying denuvo dont require SSE4.1 anymore? I haven’t heard about this change

@ioi_jonasm
@Clemens_IOI can you please give us approximate data of update,so we wont refresh all sites and steam every 1 hour,pleaseee

It is coming tomorrow :))

The update it’s out now we can play the Hitman 2 good gaming for all players
thanks IOI developers for direct suport thanks.

:slight_smile: So happy. The World of Assassination grows larger. :slight_smile:

Seems to be working perfectly, played Hawke’s Bay and Miami for a while, problem free.

Performance is also way better than the legacy levels.

Thanks so much for fixing this, guys!