Hitman 2 game crashing

PC Version keeps crashing halfway through first mission with no crash report. Game is able to run on Mac settings. Running i9-990, GTX2080, 64mb RAM. Any ideas?

Hello and welcome to Hitmanforum, please search the forum for already existing threads.

That said the crash is likely caused by 0x80000003 error. It’s a known problem and there isn’t a fix, both IO and Nvidia is working on a solution. That said a fix that works for many is switching to DX12.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll give it a go

You want to be using DX12 anyway with a turing card.

I am running DX12 but still crashing. So annoying.

I get rare crashes on loading screens with the latest nVidia drivers but not during gameplay using DX12. It really is an nVidia issue, IOI can only do so much.

I would say it’s a mutual issue

Surely blame on both sides, yeah. I’m just saying the issues definitely seem centered around nVidia’s drivers and a lack of being able to adapt them to the engine better.

But they managed to cooperate in H2016 game…
At least with me: I never ever experienced even one crash for the time I been playing this game

I think one reason it hasn’t been fixed yet is because DX12 fixes it for the vast majority of people (IOI even say this in their patch notes). So there’s probably less sense of urgency than there would be if that wasn’t the case. I’m assuming DX12 doesn’t fix it for you, which sucks.

Ah, bummer. On a 2000 series GPU it actually tuns better, but I know that’s not true of older cards. I didn’t think it was that bad though! Sorry dude.

I didn’t say it was a potato? I didn’t say it was to blame for the crashing? I said older cards don’t perform as well with DX12 as the turing cards do. Which is factually accurate. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@epic_piano What error code do you have ? (look in Windows Event Viewer)

For 0x800000003 :

You’re very unlucky, if you have 0x80000 with both DX11/DX12, and DXVK doesn’t work on your computer…

I advise you to stop playing this game, IO can’t figure how to fix this with some configurations.

Very frustrating outcome…
I wouldn’t want somebody to face this…

I understand man, I’ve been there with PC games having frustrating issues you can’t fix. I couldn’t get Call of Duty Advanced Warfare to stop stuttering constantly to save my life. Random rigs just have random problems that the fixes most are satisfied by don’t fix. It’s a bummer, I wish you luck with the next patch/driver.