I’m sorry this is so long. I haven’t played the game in ages and since I’ve come back I’ve been having huge frame rate issues. Even at 720p, I can’t keep anything close to 30fps. The game seems to stutter all the time, especially when I take my gun out and shoot, it drops to around 1fps. I can’t walk for longer than 3 seconds before the frame rate just plummets and the game practically freezes for a second or two.
Sometimes it runs perfectly and I hit 60fps, but it’s so inconsistent.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core
GPU: Radeon RX 580
- V-sync on and off, half and full.
- Supersampling is at its lowest.
- Simulation Quality is set to ‘Better’ since I have 6 cores, but I didn’t notice a difference between that and ‘Base’ anyway.
- Tried Direct3D12, but it just crashed before it loaded the level.
- Windowed, Fullscreen, and Exclusive Fullscreen.
- Every setting is at low or off.
Nothing I’ve tried has made it close to playable. It never ran perfectly when I bought it, but I did finish the game and replayed it a bunch of times shortly after it came out, and now it just seems so unplayable. I have some custom settings on the AMD Radeon Settings program, but I don’t understand what or if I should change any settings there.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I really want to play the game, I’ve been a fan of the series since I was a kid, so this just sucks. Thank you!