Hitman 2: Malus Necessarium Level Progression

I don’t know what it’s called. But there’s this main Player Level progression that is also visually expressed by the “Malus Necessarium” emblem getting more devices and decorations.

I thought in Career it would show the meaning of this level and what unlocks or perks you earn from raising your “Malus Necessarium” level… but I see nothing.

Am I missing something?

NOTE: IT HAS BEEN SUGGESTED THAT IOI SHOULD USE THIS LEVEL PROGRESSION FOR SUIT UNLOCKS STARTING WITH HITMAN 2.

Tagging: @Travis_IOI

4 Likes

As far as I am aware, it is just a meaningless number and the only purpose it has is showing the size of your HITMAN-penis.

14 Likes

They could have tied the SUITS to that level. :stuck_out_tongue:
You know… just thinking out loud here… :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Seriously, how cool would that be? Urgh, so many missed opportunities.

2 Likes

Let’s make it productive and tag @Travis_IOI!

We are just a patch away from making Malus Necessarium levels earn something! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sadly, even if they did look at the MK II stickers thread, weapons thread, etc, it’ll be too far down their priority list to be done soon, if ever.

3 Likes

Understandable. I can wait. It’s not the end of the world having two Jaeger 7’s etc.

Think it’s only meant as a way to visualize how much you played and progressed through the entire game. It could also be used for matchmaking in the co-op modes, but I don’t know if that’s confirmed.

That’s an excellent idea. Would work better than the permanently missable ETs.

2 Likes

The only Ghost Mode matches I would win would be the ones where the objective was to use up time enjoying amenities and most elaborate time wasting ways for targets to die. Lol.

I know right? God I’m in the wrong business. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think this is the case. When I played my only round of Ghost mode, I was Level 25 and the other dude was 23 or something.

I feel sorry for anyone, regardless of MN level, who had the poor fortune to be paired against @Gule, or @Fortheseven, or any one of those speedrun monsters.

i’m wondering how many variations of the badge (malus) they made. it seems to update every “level up”, i’m curious as to how far up it goes until it reaches the final badge

1 Like

Changes shape and weapon

smh… like any of us cared about stuff like that, IO… :stuck_out_tongue:

I feel as if the suits were unlockable through progression of the game or Malus Necessarium level it’d make a lot of people happy(including myself) and a lot more people would be interested in playing hitman 2 making a fanbase wait for suits they should already have is not the way to go

4 Likes

I’m sure this progression system will expand at some point. It’s definitely a step forward as far as making the game feel more personal. You gain exp every time you complete a contracts etc. so I don’t think there’ll be a cap level, which would be good. We need some sort of black market shop that appears on special occasions, with numerous items etc. better UI for items/weapons, more in depth stats in the “Career” tab. ioi can surely make this a GOTY contender if they do it right :crossed_fingers:t3: Cheers!

1 Like

I’m level 297 and wonder how this will impact in the future. I like seeing that number and points going up but still not sure what their use will be.

1 Like

Missed the start, also 230 & 255 missing inbetween, but still wanted to share. Might continue further.

Logo

18 Likes