Hitman: 2 Silent Assassin - BETA Unused Hanging Death Animation

@AGENT4T7 @AlyMar1994 @AGENT_58 @Bending_Cheese67 @Arvin47 @Fran_Laiuppa @slawek382 @YourGudBudNel @Thales_Kruger @EricTheAussie

As you all may know, there is A LOT of unused content in Hitman: 2… The Dev’s must’ve planned another C47 hit, wanted a little extra, but couldn’t get around with it. I have no clue why some of this was never seen, but it is now. :wink:

Look what I’ve found!

13 Likes

Is this if he’s on a noose or something?

Seems like a very odd death animation.

1 Like

Looks like hes head is against a wall.

1 Like

@badeaguard
It is very strange looking, and I wish I knew where 47 should be to make it play. I don’t even know if 47 was hanging or not, but his feet sway back and forth like he is

1 Like

I find this strangely creepy. :scream:

2 Likes

Is is very disturbing…

1 Like

Looks like the NPCs used the nailgun cheat on 47

Not likely but what if it’s an unused garrote wire animation.

1 Like

What i think is, agent 17 was supposed to have the ability to garrote 47, similar to a small mission breifing cutscene where 17 creeps up behind a cult guy when he’s aiming at russian soldiers, 17 would just hang 47s body.

I love the idea and its a bit scary to think of, when i was a kid and played st. petersburg stakeout he used to scare the sheeit outta me lel

2 Likes

Those are a few theories. I honestly have no clue what it is supposed to be, but due to 47’s body language, and his movements during the animation, my guess was it was some sort of stangulation/hanging death, but anybody’s guess is as good as mine. :smiley:

1 Like

I think that this animation have pretty obvious usage. Seeing how almost every H2 level pays homage to C47 missions, I believe that devs tried to recreate similar alternative ending on player death in final mission. Instead of usual death cutscene you will get a new one – Sergei hangs Mr.47 on the cross inside the church. Animations look like someone dragging 47 across the ground and then hanging him up.

But the most probable case would be removing of unused mechanics from C47 (dogs were in Invitation to the Party). This animation could be used for a Helicopter death cutscene. If you know how a Hitman game engine works under the hood, then you understand that only the first part of this animation is valid. After the proper animation is played actor’s skeleton trying to come back to default state.

2 Likes

Hey… You sound like you know what you’re talking about! :wink:
Yes, indeed that sounds like legit usage, great idea!

I reinstalled Hitman 2 to check something. That animation looks extremely similar to bottle 4-5 state of Chloroform takedown animation. Maybe this “hanging” animation was used in development process for like 3-4 bottle state and then replaced by release version one?

2 Likes

Hmm… You might be onto something there…

1 Like

Interesting! And you definitely added the perfect music for it. Damn, that old Kyd music…so dark, so perfect for Hitman. I miss it.

2 Likes