Hitman 2016 vs. Hitman 2 (2018) What Are Your Thoughts?

EXCELLENT point. One that I hadn’t considered.

But it isn’t. Just read my reply before yours.

Yeah, I dunno how you stick Blood Money in between H16 and H2, as they are basically the same game with one being an expansion pack.

These bugs need to go, and they will over time.

As much as I love Blood Money, it cannot compete with what the devs have done with modern technology. Huge, sprawling maps, insane amounts of kill opportunities, and its not babied to everyone (If you turn BS like instinct and opportunities off)

All Blood Money has on the new games is a far superior soundtrack, no BS online DRM, and an in-game currency system (which leads to weapon customization). What the new games bring are just more valuable than those things (sadly, wish we could have everything).

Anyway, from the new game (comprised of H16 and H2) I’ll provide my way-too-early ranking of the levels thus far:

Sapienza
Mumbai
Hokkaido
Paris
Santa Fortuna
Marrakesh
Whittleton Creek
Miami
Bangkok
Colorado
Isle of Sgail (Admittedly I’ve played this the least)
Hawke’s Bay - This is an Absolution mission if I ever saw one

It’s too early, and this list will undoubtedly change

Ranking 3-8 was really hard

The Isle does take a while to grow on you but once you know every room, staircase and ledge it is like clockwork.

It’s been all about the ledges in my runs thus far

Ha ha ha learning them early huh? Good. The only part of the level that was weak for me is the targets but the brutal, cleaver or over-the-top kills more than make up for it

They should be able to get those or something that does the roles of those- but I hard disagree at the idea that putting an arbitrary/superfical mark 2 on them and reusing them in the new mastery trees, especially at the same time as having them in the legacy. Could just give everyone a lockpick at the start of H2, for example, They pretty much do that anyway. Anything other old essential could still been made obtainable as some kind of additional side unlocks

I don’t know I don’t remember any son from the old games, the sole exception is Ave Maria but that is not Kyd’s work and it is in this game.

Well, there’s no feeling like hearing that song from a different time. You’re telling me you don’t remember the title theme??

And that doesn’t prove much. I have only fully played through Contracts once and I remember most of the tracks. Including stuff like diegetic music in clubs and bars. And I also remember all of the BM’s tracks. Hitman has only got the main menu theme that is memorable. I only remember the pause music from Hitman 2 but that’s just because it is irritating as hell.

Oh I remeber some of Contracts stuff, my biggest problem is I don’t like orchestral or strings it all kind of blends for me if it is not impressive.But any Hitman that uses Ave Maria correctly is an automatic 8

What’s your point then? That’s what the new soundtrack has. Contracts had electronic stuff. Blood Money also had some guitar/synthesiser stuff.

Blood Money was mostly Orchestral

The new Hitman had a mixture also it was more dynamic that any of the other games. Also the diagetics in HITMAN 1 and 2 are just as good. Also I thought HITMAN was mostly electronic or a mix?

Sure but not all. At least 7 tracks aren’t that. And there is like 17 in the game.

I hope they can bring Kyd back for Season 3. Hopefully the digital sales of H2 are vast and significant. That’s how I bought mine

For primarily nostalgia reasons (and for my love of Jasper Kyd) Contracts will always be my #1. That said, here’s my rankings:

Overall

1. Contracts
  2. Hitman 2
  3. Hitman 2016
  4. Blood Money
  5. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
  6. C47
  7. Absolution

Music

1. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
  2. Contracts
  3. Blood Money
  4. Hitman 2
  5. C47
  6. Hitman 2016
  7. Absolution

Story

1. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
  2. Contracts
  3. Hitman 2016/Hitman 2 (For me, it’s the same story continued on)
  4. Blood Money
  5. C47
  6. Absolution

As for if Kyd will ever come back? I really doubt it, but can someone clarify the “why?” My understanding is that it wasn’t because of money but about something else.

He probably just wanted to pursue other projects after he is human and not a jukebox. He is still friendly with IO so the breakup was amicable.

So what you’re telling me is that there’s still hope? LOL

The only thing that’s questionable about the sequel is that in Hitman 2, there seems to be a lot of times where you have to do a lot of “waiting”. Or at least it seems that way initially.

Like in Miami with the car race, or in Mumbai with the assassination where you have to dress up as the barber. To be fair, the 2nd example isn’t really the same as the first since at that point you already have to partake in a specific mission story, rather than it affecting the whole level. But initially, it gets kind of tiresome waiting. You did have to do some waiting for some assassinations in Hitman, but it wasn’t really an integral part of the game itself. Whereas waiting as a barber in Mumbai or waiting for Sierra’s car is a literal mechanic.

This is REALLY nitpicky though, especially because, for Sierra, as you go through more paths in the level the timer will change based on what you’re doing. And the other example is just for one mission story. But the first few times through, it seemed a little … ehh.