HITMAN 3 announcements

Sounds really good so far, but this first one about the story worries me quite a bit. Especially since mission three is known so far as “turning point”.

1 Like

So far my only cause for concern is the detective disguise giving almost full access to the map. I’m hoping this won’t end up being another overpowered disguise like Helmut Kruger. Of course, being able to explore a map freely, especially one that looks as interesting as Dartmoor, isn’t a bad thing. I just feel the magic of a new location is all of the puzzles and learning that comes with it. An OP disguise throws a lot of that out. I’m gonna maybe save the detective route for last.

3 Likes

Also, a random thought just crossed my mind thinking about that camera tool.

As gameinformer wrote, it will be implemented into Hitman 1 and 2 aswell. And they say its also used to “give intel to your handler”. Now I think, I bet you remember that when you read intel in the mission, 47 just reads the files and that reveals mission stories etc. What if instead of 47 leaning in and reading it, we now have to scan it with the cam instead? And when we “hack” something, its actually just Olivia hacking it after 47 scanned it for a while?

my guess would be that we wont be able to access alot, more like the buttler disguise on carusos villa. We will probably be able to roam around, but only where the others are, and far away from anything that leads “backstage”

7 Likes

It was mentioned somewhere in the in the game informer video that there is a mission where you have to steal a USB. The 3 possible maps for this are Dubai, Dartmoor and Berlin.

This completely reinforces my theory that Dartmoor is a 1 target mission, with a secondary objective to steal the file on Arthur Edwards.

If anybody is interested in my full prediction for the first part of the story, I can pull it from the archive.

8 Likes

I’ll be honest some of these questions were just garbage. Asking if there’s an agent 48 or hitwoman which already exist in Codename and Absolution and not asking about progress transfer or something we’d want to know. At least we got a sort of tease of maybe a Romania location, but I’m very worried that there’s gojng to be a glut of samey locations. How different can an abandoned Asylum be from an abandoned Power Plant?

2 Likes

From the Game Informer article it does sound like the Detective disguise gives almost full access:

Now that I’m fully briefed on the situation, I’m able to fully explore the manor and its surrounding grounds. There are two notable exceptions: Alexa’s office is off limits, and so is a small room for the security detail — but everything else is a go. It’s a strangely liberating feeling for a Hitman game, walking around freely without having to worry about being detected. It takes me a while to get over the urge to crouch around every guard I see.

“If we wanted to do this properly, we really needed to lean into this murder mystery and let that disguise allow you to pretty much go anywhere,” Engström says. “And that’s fine. I don’t think a Hitman game needs to be hard or a level needs to be hard in order to be fun. That’s not needed, and I think we prove that quite well in England.”

4 Likes

it was already confirmed in the cover story that the Detective outfit pretty much gives full access to the map

1 Like

Mattias wouldnt answer a question about progress transfer anyway. that’s for Travis to handle

1 Like

I get the feeling that an abandoned Romania asylum would be the final mission to kill Grey.

Much like Colorado, it will be all hostile. The asylum would be completely occupied by the remnants of Grey’s militia, disguises would be limited as the enemies will be expecting you.

I’d love for this to be a reality, I just don’t know how replayable this concept would be however

3 Likes

no, they were referencing a map that already exists i believe. hence the talk about the game being “built for VR without actually being built for VR”

I’d prefer something like a war-torn city, with both hostile areas with soldiers and more public city streets with poor unfortunate souls wallowing in the Destruction of their homes. Maybe in Khadanyang.

What I do hope for however is either a Russian snow level or an airport level, or both.

1 Like

Really, what map were they referring to then? It was my impression that they almost exclusively played the new hitman 3 missions.

Maybe my stupid brain invented the part were they said it was an actual objective :sweat_smile:

How about a 2 in 1? It would be perfect :pray:

3 Likes

I think a USB might be more appropriate in Dubai because of all of the server action. But it’s also looking like Dartmoor is a one target location so you’re probably right

Haven’t watched the video yet but there are no such missions excluding ET:s, are there? If it was mentioned as an objective, that is, since otherwise it could mean multiple things. Nightcall’s password dongle comes close too.

We’ve seen the objectives for Dubai so I doubt it will be that one. Dartmoor seems logical, but they didn’t really talk about the Constant’s file like it was an objective. I’d happily be wrong though.

I wonder if you have to consult the suspects and if they are saying the truth. Someone remember L.A. Noir, where you had to do interrogations and you had to decide if the person was saying the truth? It would be cool if something like this would happen there, and wherever you decide will lead you to different outcomes. Man, I can’t wait to play that detective story!

7 Likes

They did mention a case file in Dartmoor, I’m thinking that’ll be an objective. Then Berlin will be Edwards.

For the new camera mechanics, I kind of hope that it can be used to make pictures of NPCs for PALLAS in Miami. It is too much to hope for though.

5 Likes

I’m slowly getting that pre-launch sadness of this being the last Hitman in a long long time

I’ve always thought that this formula could be bigger than it is, it definitely works and they could make a lot of more maps, but i understand that they have to sell and they have the James Bond thing going, so…

3 Likes

Indeed, prolly not gonna happen. But I like his far you are thinking… Would be awesome.