HITMAN 3 - Bug Report Thread

Same problem on PC, except now it seems that all weapons on the ground have a chance to clip through any type of floor on any level.
Frequency: it depends.

1 Like

Platform: PC (Epic)
Description: An issue that has been present since the game launched. The Himmapan rooftop glitches to a “transparent” form in several/all places when viewed from certain angles in the lobby.
Frequency: Always.

3 Likes

Can confirm (PC / Epic / 3.50). This issue has been in the game since at least 3.20, I’ve reported it here several times already.

The affected items seem to vary. I’ve had the same problem not being able to bring the Jaeger 7, TAC-SMG, and Enram HV CM, to name a few.

At this stage I have little hope it’ll get fixed, as it seems to affect only a small number of players and is therefore not prioritized.

Platform: Xbox One
Description: Agent Price counts as non target guard kill after agent evacuation order is given

1. Kill 5 ICA agents (agents were all killed with electrocution in this case)
  2. Wait until agents are no longer marked with instinct after Jiao gives evac order
  3. Kill Agent price (methods tested were electrocution and headshot with pistol)

Occurred on two separate runs with same methodology, as well as when loading save games of those runs

Locations: The Maldives, The Last Resort
Description: Bodies seen through multiple walls while in mansion basement / server farm

1. Knock everyone in basement out silently (using a sedative combined with the air conditioning works)
  2. Wait until certain guard NPC’s pathing causes them to look down or through the walls
  3. Bodies will be found and the NPC in question will walk down to the server farm to interfere

Platform: Xbox One; digital

Description:

Xp points for basic performance are not registered anymore after loading a save file.
It follows the same pattern as with assassinating targets. Only the first assassination is awarded with points, which is intented by the game to prevent xp harvesting.

Steps to reproduce:

-Start the Dubai mission from scratch (I did it on Professional difficulty).
-Save the game just after you stepped out of the wardrobe where you change out of your skydiving suit; this way you haven’t performed any action yet.
-Exit the game, go the the career/player profile section and take note of the performance total for Dubai.
-Load the game you just saved.
-Silently take out the woman at the deposit boxes; you will get +25xp.
-Save another game.
-Exit the game and check the player profile; the performance total for Dubai will be increased by 25.
-Load the most recent save.
-Now hide the body of the woman; you will get +25xp.
-Lure in and silently take out the other woman; the game says you get +25xp.
-Exit the game and check the player profile; the performance total for Dubai only has increased by 25 points, but it should have been increased by 50 points.
-This is because the game only registered the points for hiding hte body, because this action was new. The silent takedown was already done before, so you don’t get the points again.

Maybe this was intented also? Just to prevent situations of unfair xp harvesting.
My point is the game should NOT say you get the points. This gives players the false notion that they are increasing their total xp.

So the right solution for this bug could be one of these two things:

1. Make sure the points for basic performance are registered to the total amount of xp after making use of a saved game.

2. Just do the same as with targets and the erasing of recordings: confirm the performed action, but do not assign the points anymore. Then this would be the downside of using saved games the players have to accept.

This is not a bug, this is feature.
If you’ll be attentive enough, you’ll even see a loading screen tip saying that there will be no XP awarded for several actions after loading a saved game

2 Likes

Actually it only says that no XP will be awarded for repeated actions that you’ve already earned in that particular run.

Something has changed in a recent patch. ie If you load Paris and kill Viktor, then save and reload, when you kill Dalia you will not get XP for any actions such as Unnoticed Kill or Objective Complete that awarded XP when you killed Viktor. When these show up on-screen, they will appear in dark grey and not award XP like you have previously obtained that particular bit of XP, where as previously you would get it because the actions are relating to a different NPC.

Previously as long as the points were not previously obtained, saving and loading would not affect XP at all.

Wasn’t it like that before?
I just didn’t save/load the game between targets kills that much, so I don’t remember distinctively.
But with they reduced XP grades in HITMAN 3, this particular change doesn’t seem surprising to me

1 Like

I realised today that I’d not got the achievements for SA on the three sniper maps. I did The Last Yardbird with no problems. All headshots and bodies hidden, scoring over 2 million and got SA. However, I have tried countless times now on The Pen and the Sword and it never comes up as SA and I have a miserable score of just under 1M even though I’ve headshot every target and hidden the bodies. I recall this being an issue when H3 first release - not being able to get SA - but assumed it had been fixed. Is this still a known issue?

Interestingly I don’t get ranked either. It just comes up as / without a position X out of Y (X/Y).

My point is that the game should not be saying you get the XP.
It keeps saying Silent takedown +25, Fresh disguise +25, etc.
It should be greyed out like with Target eliminated and Recording erased.

The game is making you believe you get those points, but you ain’t getting them.

It is no change; I discovered this particular XP ‘bug’ in Hitman 2 already. But there was no point in addressing it, because development/support had ended for this game.

Description: Sometimes, Cornelia’s voice has an echo like she’s in a spacious room. it basically sounds as if 47 is listening in on Cornelia’s thoughts. kinda funny. mostly weird.
Frequency: Sometimes, not always when replaying the escalation

3 Likes

Description: This lady at the entry to the exhibition lacks proper sitting manners or works as an umpire when not attending weird art installations…
Frequency: So far on all three occasions that I´ve restarted the mission to check it (I believe it wasn´t like this when I played it earlier this year though).
EDIT: After restarting the game, she was sitting correctly, so the frequency is random.

2 Likes

On which platform are you?
I did it on PS4 last weekend and I obtained the SA achievements for the three sniper maps (+ two for 1 million points) without any issues.

1 Like

Description: This NPC is always standing incorrectly in Freeform Training. She should be facing her friend whom she´s talking to (as seen on the other screenshot taken in Guided Training), but instead is standing to her side and talking in a completely different direction. Her friend with the phone is also standing in the wrong place, being closer to the corner than she should be.
Frequency: Always.

1 Like

Shouldn’t this mission take place in 1999-2000? Why are the NPCs still using smartphones :roll_eyes: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Guess the ICA has always had access to advanced technology :smiley: (Also, are you suggesting IO should make a new phone model for one single mission? :shushing_face: )

1 Like

Nah, just disable the NPCs from using smartphones / tablets, should be an easy tweak :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I’m playing on Xbox. I tried it a couple more times without any success, but after I quit the game and restarted it, I was finally able to get SA and the game me the proper score I deserved (over 2 million). I am still unable to get a rank on The Pen and the Sword, but I was able to get a rank on Crime and Punishment. Very strange.

1 Like