HITMAN 3 - Bug Report Thread

Freelancer Mode Bug Report

PS4 (Possibly other platforms)

Safehouse

Music player has no volume.

I get ‘in game’ music, but it plays everywhere. Want to hear the various music options from the safehouse living area, but cannot hear anything even when I change music options.

Perhaps add volume controls? Maybe 47 wants to blast some ‘Ave Maria’ while cleaning his guns?

Wait have you got your “travel to xyz” and your objectives on screen? If so the freelancer music always plays everywhere and the radio gets entirely blocked by the main music.

So don’t book a flight if you want to hear your radio.

1 Like

i’m guessing this is because as soon as the 3 clues are scanned the safe becomes accessible, thus meaning the explosive is redundant
the “open safe with explosive” objective is probably triggered by the explosive granting accessibility, i’d say if you wanna blow it open don’t scan the clues
does a blown open safe not count towards the “cat burglar” challenge? i’d say this is the bigger oversight, seeing the challenge doesn’t (to my memory) specify that you need to unlock safes with the clues

Except the safe is still shut. So you can still open the safe with explosives. It should count. Or they need to change the objective description to warn people. The former option makes more sense.

Obviously.

This is what I need to check. If it does, the severity of the issue is somewhat reduced.

Either way, it’s still a problem that should be addressed. If someone is playing a Hardcore campaign, this bug could cause them to fail an entire campaign despite them meeting the Prestige Objective requirement.

Nope. I haven’t ever heard anything from the radio. The same background ‘in game’ music plays, no matter which music type there is.

If I turn off ‘in game’ music, and press 47 right up to the radio interface, I can faintly hear something.

1 Like

It does count towards the cat burglar challenge!

1 Like

Had this, Guards could still open it, but if you’re playing stealth and not quick enough to get through behind them it closes again and stays locked.

Hmmmm? Could you send me a video? See if i could find the issue

I just got a Meta Quest 2 VR Headset. Ever since connecting it to my PC there is ALWAYS a popup when I start the game asking me if I want to switch to VR Mode even when my headset is NOT connected to my PC at the time. This is really annoying and I can’t seem to find any way of disabling this popup. Please add something in the settings to turn this off.

Platform: PC (Epic)
Version 3.140

Failing mission despite all conditions met.
Freelancer Hard-Core

This has happened to me on a couple of occasions. This time in Mumbai. I complete all the objectives perfectly, but the mission still fails (notice the red background). Why is this happening?

3 Likes

Platform: [PS4, Xbox One, PC, etc]
Xbox Series X - virtual (not disc)

Mumbai (maybe other places too – need to confirm)

Description:
Game abruptly throws an Exit Mission prompt on the screen that I CANNOT click out of. I’ve tried restarting the game and also switching profiles, but it is inevitable and kills my entire playthrough.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. Load the Mumbai mission
  3. Play for 30 minutes
  4. Exit Mission deathblow

Frequency:
Replicated twice and also before this time.

Attach
IMG_20230208_142153471|690x388

2 Likes

Platform: Xbox Series X (Disc)

Description: 47’s tie when wearing the signature suit with gloves will disappear through the suit when standing against cover. On some occasions, the tie will also disappear through the suit when walking in different directions.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Use cover by standing against cupboards/walls etc

2. Walk in numerous directions and 47’s tie will also on occasions disappear through the suit. This doesn’t occurs with the Blood Money or Absolution suit.

Frequency: It happens quite frequently.

1 Like

PS5
Freelancer

If you leave a location before all targets are killed and you’ve not failed the Prestige Objective (ie the timed ones haven’t had the timer reach zero, you still held SA rank when you exited), the game will still award you the XP for “completing” the objective even though the mission was a failure.

1 Like

Platform: PC
Map Chonquing
Mission End of An Era

I got a bug with Hush when I knocked out JunLi so Sister Le will turn up the voltage and kill Hush.
When I knocked JunLi out Hush walks in and keeps looping dialog then he walks off.

I’ve reproduced this by wearing the perfect subject disguise and tellng JunLi I was ready. She summons SisterLe and Hush and dismisses the other subject. I distracted Jun Li to the cabinet, knocked her out right before Hush walks in. I walk over and he waits for SisterLe to arrive.
He asks about JunLi and Sister Le says she can handle it . That’s when Hush goes into a loop.
He asks about going to 60% walks across the rom then reverses and says same line.
He should I think get into the chair. My character doesn’t get a prompt to get into the chair either.
I made a short video clip. This is game breaking if I’m supposed to be able to induce him to be electrocuted. Hitman3 Bug: PC;Chongquing; End of An Era. Hush goes into a dialog loop - YouTube

1 Like

Platform: PC v3.140.0
Description: After poisoning an npc’s drink they will pull out a duplicate, non-poisoned drink from the same spot rendering the poison ineffective.

Steps to reproduce: This seems to happen if I am a far enough distance from the target when they perform the drinking animation, though this may be coincidence. If you have another poison item you can apply it to this second “ghost” cup and it will work as intended. I do not believe there was an option to poison a second cup before the NPC attempted to drink.

Frequency: Has happened twice, both times during Freelancer mode and most recently in Bangkok. Shares similarities to posts #392, #562, #3482, and #3485 in this thread, and someone posted a video of the bug here

Not a big issue in normal career but can be very annoying in Freelancer where you have limited resources. Will attempt more testing outside of freelancer using saves.

EDIT: Tried to add links to all the relevant posts but apparently new accounts can’t do that. The post number on the side does not match up with the URLs that link to the posts, causing a bit of confusion on my part. The numbers in this post are now the ones you have to type in to reach the relevant posts (ex. HITMAN 3 - Bug Report Thread - #3485 by thrison)

3 Likes

This goes for baseball bats as well. It would be nice if you could put them back in the briefcase, but the main story mode is the same way.

1 Like

platform: xbox one, digital.

description: timed prestige objectives do not register properly when exiting a mission causing the campaing to fail.

steps to reproduce:
1- start a hardcore campaing in freelancer.
2- select any timed prestige objective that resets the timer on specific actions (timed: get disguises, timed: silent takedown or timed: hide and seek).
3- kill all targets and exit the mission without failing the prestige objective.
4- the campaing will often fail and you will be back at the safe house the same way you would be if exited the level without completing any mandatory objective.

frequency: most of the time.

video: campaing failed despite completed objectives - YouTube

PS4 (probably other platforms as well)

Bad Intel in Showdown

Two examples

Example 1:

The first image’s suspect matches all the physical characteristics. He was the ONLY ONE that did.
The tells we’re wrong.

He was not the Leader.

The second image’s suspect matches 3 of the four physical characteristics. ( He had Earrings, not Tattoos).

He had the correct tells.

Turns out he WAS the Leader.

Example 2:

In the image above, the woman in white matched all the physical characteristics (BALD, HAT, NECKLACE, EARRINGS) and was the ONLY ONE to do so, but she did not have the correct tells.

The man she is meeting had the correct tells, but was not matching the physical description (BALD, HAT, NECKLACE, TATTOOS).

Both were there for the same meeting type.

So… which one was the target?

Answer. The man with the tattoos.

In Conclusion: This is a serious flaw/bug/glitch in the game, when the information on the leader is wrong.

1 Like

PS4

Isle of Sgail - Final Showdown

Spotted in the distance from the coastline of the island, a lone figure with a Suspect tag over their head, was seen walking into the sky.

While the identity of the individual could not be identified, rumour has it that this was the elusive Eric Torrence, that was asked to phone home, back in Chongqing.

No floating note was discovered on the scene this time.

The guy in your 2nd screenshot definitely does have a tattoo. Right there on his neck. Like a web with a V in it. No issue with that one.

1 Like