HITMAN 3 - Bug Report Thread

Well that is some of the DUMBEST stuff I’ve seen in this game. “Melee” MEANS “hand-to-hand combat”. For a neck break to not be melee is worst than dumb. It violates the very meaning of the word. That’s even dumber than the flash bang mechanics.

me·​lee ˈmā-ˌlā

mā-ˈlā
variants or less commonly mêlée
Synonyms of melee
: a confused struggle
especially : a hand-to-hand fight among several people
They were seriously injured in the melee. >>

1 Like

Platform: Xbox

Description: Privacy booth not working. Approached Bank Teller wanted to open account. Waited for him to turn on privacy. Was seen by two people from outside, when knocking him out.

Frequency: 2 times

1 Like

Description: Timed objective counts even after exiting mission, thus failed prestige. Didn’t happen to me after I skipped exit cutscenes.

Frequency: few times…

1 Like

Platform: PS5 (Digital)

Every time I “Exit to Main Menu” from Freelancer, the upper right tile disappears from the Featured menu.

2 Likes

Frequency: 2 times only on alerted Showdowns, maybe less Superman?

Description:
When playing New York, I did sillent takedown on Banker (one that likes cocaine), next to the dumping spot and got spotted by guards through wall. The two guards that are stationed with video recorder.

Sapienza, lured the cook assistant in the Caffe downstairs, chef spotted me though wall.

1 Like

Freelancer Mode Bug Report

PS4 (Undoubtedly all platforms)

Bangkok… Dangerous?

So, probably not a bug, so much as a conscious choice.

So why in the name of Tobias Rieper is the starting area a trespassing zone?

1 Like

Because you’re in an alerted territory, so it uses elements from Master Mode (which were originally implemented in H1’s Professional Mode years ago).

1 Like

Well, it was a terrible idea.

1 Like

Use the new exit in Freelancer that is in a perfectly legal area then.

It’s not the starting area. You start on a different pier, presumably arriving by some kind of taxi boat. That boat belongs to someone else, presumably a VIP, hence they can just drive their own boat there and use up the limited docking space. In main campaign master mode you find the keys up in a suite near Jackie Carrington’s.

Platform: PC (Steam)
Description: In Freelancer mode, I just changed from the Cashmerian Suit into a Security Guard outfit and got noticed by an NPC through a wall

I was able to reproduce the issue, this time changing directly after subduing the Security Guard while previously I did it after hiding the body.

And it is the same NPC using the ATM and being able to see through it.
Picture of the NPC for reference:

1 Like

Freelancer Mode Bug Report (Probably all game modes)

PS4 (Probably all platforms.)

Whittleton Creek

The West Birdbath and Vomitorium

Seriously, why is the Birdbath the default location for targets to throw up in when there are bathrooms 10x closer? I just had a target walk from the BBQ house around the [BLEEPING] block to the [BLEEPING] Birdbath!

4 Likes

I thought they’d patch that whennl they did the sick bin update ages ago! I thought i could isolate annoying public NPC wity a sieker on freelancer, nope! :joy:

Platform:
[PS5 digital]

Description:
Mumbai train derailment EXIT was impossible to clear.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Keep the last of the targets stunned on the tracks.
  2. derail the train.
  3. Escape without leaving the train.
  4. The “Mission Completed” message does not appear and the mission cannot be completed.

Frequency: happen once.

1 Like

Freelancer Mode Bug Report

PS4 (Probably all the other platforms too)

Map: Any

Issue: Spilled oil from Oil Can fails to ignite with bullet shots or any other method frequently.

The Oil Can gear item is extremely unreliable in igniting. Whether it is from a bullet, an explosive, or a smoking NPC standing directly on it. Sometimes one or the other might work, sometimes nothing works, occasionally it does work.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Take oil canister (cannister) into mission.
  2. Pour out oil on chosen spot.
  3. Place TARGET on oil spot. Roll body around for extra coverage.
  4. Fire a bullet into the oil spill.
  5. If fails to ignite, fire again and again until it either ignites or you run out of bullets.
  6. Sigh in defeat and snap target’s neck, watching your objective [x] out on you.
3 Likes

You have to shoot the canister or place another metal object in the puddle and shoot that in order ignite it.

1 Like

No. You don’t. Placing the canister and shooting that classified it as an explosion kill. As for it not igniting, I get it to ignite with a single bullet shot about half the time. It is, as I stated, inconsistent.

It’s all about flpor clipping for stuff like that (notable places where it’s really bad is like the Hokkaido snow by the garage area) so Persia’s method above is more consistent.

Can someone test this for me? Seems like a dud move by IOI

since Freelancer, game crashes randomly. Any idea when it will be fixed?

Platform: PC Epic
Steps to replicate: Go into a cabinet while in combat mode and ensure no one sees you enter. In some rare occasions all the guards will know you are in there for no apparent reason, but will not shoot at all.
You could be in there for hours and they will just run around and aim at you.

They definitely didn’t see me go in since I used instinct.
If they actually saw me go in they would start shooting in seconds.
This is a new combat system bug, it never happened a few patches ago ()maybe a year ago?).
It seems the guard system artificially rely on your XYZ position too much, aiming through solid walls etc…

2 Likes