HITMAN 3 - Bug Report Thread

Platform: PS5
Digital

The first starting location on the docks a cargo boat is going down the river towards the hotel. Boat shakes side to side causing other boats to do the same as goes across the water.
Also don’t have a picture but ceiling in the lobby of the hotel bugs in ands out basically disappears.

Frequency: every time i load into the level
HITMAN 3 - Boat Glitch - YouTube

PS4
Disc
Berlin

(Lust Assignation) Don’t know if this happens in the regular map as well, first time I’ve encountered it though.

Get trapped when climbing onto the pipes outside the basement office.

1 Like

Platform: PlayStation 5 (digital)

Description:
While using any assault rifle at any location, the R2 button registers too early and fires the gun while only lightly pressing the button, before actually ‘clicking’ through the adaptive triggers. This is particularly noticeable with a semi-automatic AR, as these weapons will also fire multiple times while lightly pressing the R2 button.

Reproduce:

1. Play the game on PS5 with adaptive triggers enabled.
  2. Play at any location with any AR weapon, but for the most clear demonstration use the TAC-4 S/A.
  3. Equip the weapon and lightly press the R2 button, but not all the way through.

This happens every time when using an AR. I’ve only tried this at Hitman locations, not Hitman 2 or 3 as I haven’t progressed as much through the game, but I’ve played all Hitman missions through Hitman 3.

PC
Description

The main area security outfit I had on triggered trespassing in two areas, even though the mansion guards let me pass without question and body language relaxed, showing I could go through, which is a major BUG. The guards should’ve halted me, not let me pass. I had to try to escape the surprise trespass area without being spotted, which of course failed. (Top of the steps to the mansion, the parking lot outside the mansion.)

Steps to reproduce: Go to bathroom and get security outfit (the one with the door that leads to the video camera controls). Put on outfit. Go outside and up to the mansion. Guards will relax posture and greet you friendly. Pass them. End up in trespassing zone. OR go outside to parking lot area and try to enter mansion side yard. Guards will relax posture and greet you friendly. Pass them. End up in trespassing zone.

Notes: Since this is an elusive target, this bug means no SA achievement. It needs to be corrected - guards need to stop you with this outfit - and the Heartbreaker elusive target re-released later in the season so everyone who tried to exit via the mansion area has the chance to succeed in SA.

Platform: PC
Digital

Description: Every map loads up with all models/texture being completely black besides HUD. Instinct shows interactable and npcs as solid white.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Have a low end PC (8GB ram, AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core Processor, Radeon RX 550)
  2. Every graphical option on minimum, or off.
  3. Start the game
  4. Load any mission

Frequency: Every map load since the Lust update.

Proof: Hitman 3 Black Level Glitch - YouTube

Description : Weird animation bug during the cutscene where 47 smother Caruso as Dr.Lafayette. Once Caruso is dead, it’s like 47 is sitting down on thin air, then briefly teleports next to the chair.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. Load the Sapienza level.
  3. Do the Dr.Lafayette mission story up until smothering Caruso, the animation bug occur during the cutscene.

Frequency : every time I’ve trigger this cutscene.

2 Likes

Platform: PS4/PSVR Digital

Description: When using the Neural Link the doctor enters the room with the heart and dismisses the guards. Both the Doc & the Guards walk through the door without opening it.

Steps to reproduce: I was starting from the Ninja spot with electronic key hackers as a smuggled item.

Platform: PS4/PSVR Digital

Description: Game crashes when I try to push Eric Knox onto Sierra’s Race car from the broken dish.

Steps to reproduce: I kick him over the edge and look down to see if he hits the car. I see a car spin out that I think is the correct one and then it crashes.

Spotted a variation of this bug, which this time happens when you smother caruso while already standing up.
First, when the cutscene begins, it’s like Caruso is getting up from the couch for a split second, then goes back down, the smother animation ensues, but this time the pillow clips through Caruso’s head.
The 47 sitting down in thin air bug doesn’t occur when smothering Caruso while standing up, though.

It also seems to happen every time as well.

Description : Ken Morgan doesn’t go throw up in the bin under the coconuts in the hotel lobby.

Steps to reproduce: poison ken morgan with emetic poison, whether it be dart gun or poisoning the food

Frequency : everytime.

Seriously IOI, those maps are 5 YEARS OLD, and there are still bugs like this…
I even tried shooting him with emetic dart gun near the bin under the coconuts, and he STILL go throw up in the most illogical place I have ever seen in this game.

Ok, last one for today.
It seems that in the july patch, you only corrected 47’s face when he’s wearing HIS suits.
Unfortunately, it seems that DISGUISES still use some kind of outdated model, you can see on the screenshot below, (left picture) that 47’s skull is slightly different, his ears are too.
This affects nearly every disguise in Hitman 1 levels.
I guess this is the case for every platform.

3 Likes

Performance issues after July (patch 3.50), experiencing FPS drops spikes. Distorted colours in picture in picture when a body is discovered.

Mendoza NPC bug. A female janitor roaming got a male voice.

5 Likes

I dont know for sure if this is a bug it could be faulty memory but in Illusions of Grandeur entering the chawls doesnt count as a trespassing zone. If you knock out the guard or climb thru youre able to roam freely. I think in this mission the chawls are supposed to be a hostile area, maybe this is an intentional change but I would guess somehow the permissions from the original mission have overlapped somehow

patchnote

Nope, you haven´t… :frowning: (not on PC anyway)

2 Likes

These bugs I have already reported to the Zendesk Hitman support hub, but I am also reporting them here for greater visibility and so other players are aware. I’m seriously annoyed at these bugs as they never happened in Hitman 2 version of game.

Bug 1
Platform: Stadia

Description: On any given playthrough of Miami (The Finish Line), there is a random chance that killing Sierra Knox results in a nontarget kill.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start game
  2. Load Miami mission
  3. Kill Sierra

Frequency: Hard to estimate, but probably around 30% for Stadia (higher chance than on PC).

Video example: Hitman 3- Sierra Knox (Miami) nontarget kill bug with sniper - YouTube

Bug 2
Platform: Stadia
Location: Sapienza, World of Tomorrow (but other maps as well)

Description: On any given playthrough of Sapienza (World of Tomorrow), there is a random chance that the camera pointing across at the kitchen is randomly facing towards the right so you cannot dodge past the camera by running to the right. Note that the camera does not rotate, and if it’s stuck in a weird position it won’t turn back the other way, at least while you are looking at it.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. Load Sapienza (world of tomorrow) from chef assistant starting location
  3. Go outside of kitchen and observe camera and which direction it faces.

Frequency: About 30%?

Video Example : Hitman 3- Sapienza Kitchen camera bug - YouTube (first two resets camera is pointed to left, third reset camera is pointed right so I can’t dodge past it. Note how the camera does not even rotate back to the left.

Further note: This camera bug happens in multiple levels. Any camera that was formerly not rotating in Hitman 2 has a random chance to be pointed the wrong way in Hitman 3 between resets. This is 100% random and there is no clear pattern. I just used the Sapienza camera as its’ the most obvious example.

5 Likes

PLATFORM PC
DIGITAL
All Locations

I play Hitman 3 on the Epic Store on PC using a Switch Pro Controller which i bootsrap from Steam. I Since the June Update i have been unable to run. When I hold onto the run button and turn the charcater will run but as soon as i am walking straight it does not allow me to run

Description: The ICA19 Goldballer isn’t gold

3 Likes

PS5
All locations

NPCs will quite often, but not consistently, appear normal while walking to a toilet/trash can to vomit after being poisoned with emetic poison. When the bug triggers, they just walk as though everything is normal and they’re just on their normal route, even though they’re definitely off the normal path.

1 Like

That also happens on PC, and it’s not just when they go to the toilet. Some guards will just walk around when hunting you sometimes. I’m guessing it’s when two different animations collide.

1 Like

I can’t play this game with the current FPS drops. This is a shame, tbh. What is IO even doing to screw up the game like this…