Freelancer - Pre-Release Discussion

Replying to myself… Neat.

So yeah I did a bit of searching and found two of the weapons that were “missing” - they were in fact both on guards so it looks like if you do want to have a complete inventory, attention to guns guards are carrying is going to be required.

1 Like

No, I’ll still be doing those wherever possible. Although, I may not be able to for the first few campaigns as I will need to obtain the right weapons and tools to make certain things happen in accordance with the HPP, so for a while I’ll have to just focus on the accumulation of wealth until I’ve got the hang of things and built up my arsenal.

2 Likes

Wait, is that a thing? The Peacock mod can bypass the CTT into thinking it’s in an active server?

1 Like

I wouldn’t call it a mod, but yeah. If you backed up the CTT files, you can still play it. Is even a mod that enables all the other locations too.

2 Likes

Ah yeah, I guess they ended it with an update that removed the required files.
And wow, can’t believe they still added the required stuff for the other locations even if we couldn’t use it…

jealousy intensifies intensely :rage:

2 Likes

I mean, I thought we all knew when playing Freelancer was pretty much a “done” mode. They just wanted to find bugs and balance/change the economy.

The first thing I checked was if the other locations were added, surprise, they were. I just did a bit of modding to allow them to be generated in campaigns and Bob’s your uncle, Fanny’s your aunt, you can play Freelancer across the trilogy.

3 Likes

Sure, but I also figured that IOI would also have done their due dilligence to limit the amount of content in the CTT, to prevent, well, YOU, from poking around in files un-revealed and un-released. :joy: That, and keep files sizes low for a limited test version.

But I guess that might have been a bit too much work to go through and remove.

3 Likes

They definitely didn’t do that. The CTT build is the entire game - the main campaign, elusive targets, Sniper Assassin etc. A lot of pointless data was included. :laughing:

4 Likes

It was ~60GB, the entire retail game. It’s easier to package up a normal retail build than it is to try and get a very barebones version. Which thanks to their packers, should be easy to do in theory, it’s just more work than for what it’s worth. Yes, they could’ve specifically excluded the extra levels like they exclude content already. But why? It’s not like there’s monumental map changes, they’re just adapted for Freelancer.

2 Likes

On top of it, altering the setup too much could also make the test result of the CTT incomparable to the release situation.

3 Likes

Exactly, it’s like the test they did in March. Wanted it like it would be for release. Although, of course, for release it would just be a decently sized update not an entire 60GB re-install.

2 Likes

I guess I hadn’t checked out how much installed :sweat_smile:
I just let Steam do its work while I walked away to play it when it was done.

Anyone has an idea if we can get new briefcases like the Aluminium Travel Briefcase or its mk2 variant in freelancer?

2 Likes

In the CTT there was only one type of briefcase (ICA briefcase IIRC). Dunno how it’s gonna be in the final release though.

1 Like

I hope so. One of my alt accounts was made specifically to do the carryover from 2 to 3 so at least on one account I’d have the briefcase unlocked. It’s so dumb that it’s still unlockable in Hitman 2 to this day but to unlock it in 3 you have to do the progress transfer.

1 Like

As Melusca said, there is only one type. More precisely, you don’t directly choose to bring a briefcase. It’s automatically given during the loading screen if you take a large weapon from the safehouse. There is no way to select a briefcase alone, or without a large weapon, even less its aesthetic.

At least in the CTT.

I don’t think they’ll allow you to choose a briefcase. I think in the final version they should make use of the stashpoints already on the mission. For example, you can take one large item in a briefcase, then others (within the gear capacity limit) are in stashpoints which you must go and retrieve. Instead of instantly making you compromised.

5 Likes

That doesn’t work this way. You have a general capacity set on 5, but over time when you level your mastery - that capacity increase so you can take more items with you, but always only one big item like Sniper Rifle / Shotgun etc. 47 bring that item with him in suit case. There isn’t any stashpoints.

Problem is thay you always start with that same briefcase, there isn’t any option (at leas in CTT) to choose different briefcase. But i think that will be avaiable in final version.

Anthony was making a suggestion because if you take two items that should go into a briefcase, 47 will arrive with one in a case and one on his back which more often than not results in getting compromised immediately. Using stash points for the second one would avoid this insta-compromised.

5 Likes

It wasn’t a feature prominent in the CTT so I doubt it might be in the full release, but maybe there’s a chance that the Wardrobe area gets an extra upgrade later on, where you can pick what your “default” briefcase can be when on a mission, just like the suits.

4 Likes