HITMAN 3 - Freelancer (Coming January 26, 2023!)

Like @TheChicken said, with a Freelancer category, a general thread like this here is good for short discussions/comments (=not for lengthy talks) and actual long discussions should be done in their own thread. Ideally.

5 Likes

This becomes an issue when the mission descriptor lists a specific amount as the max payout, and then the optional objectives that contradict make it impossible to obtain. This means that the listed amount is not the maximum payout, something less than that amount is, and it should be listed as such. Otherwise, the game should not be able to assign contradictory objectives that make its mission descriptors untruthful.

4 Likes

Yo, ugh, don’t want to sound too annoying, but wasn’t there supposed to be another Road to Freelancer this month? I know November has not ended yet, but they usually release them on Thursday, and next one is already December…

4 Likes

I was wondering that too, but then I realised because we’ve only had two so far and they came out on different days so I figured maybe it’ll come right at the end of the month early next week.

1 Like

True. As much as I don’t really mind contradictory objectives that much, IO could at least change the payout-related wording in contract descriptions to manage players’ expectations.

3 Likes

It’s honestly the least they could do to “fix” many of these payout issues people have so far. Fingers crossed for that, or more tweaks to Merces🤞

3 Likes

As far as I’m concerned, if I’m not playing for Silent Assassin in the way in which we normally think of it, then I want to play for maximum payout. With these contradictory objectives, IOI can do one of two things: they can either program it so that contradicting objectives are never issues for the same mission, thereby leaving it up to the player’s performance towards those objectives to determine how many Mercers they earn; or they can alter the payout amounts advertised so that, if contradicting objectives are generated, only the amount that is possible to be earned is advertised. Naturally, I’d prefer option one, and you’d think it would be the simpler to accomplish of the two, but whichever, so long as the issue is addressed.

2 Likes

For anyone that is still playing the CTT via Peacock, are there certain weapons that you can only find on guards in certain locations and they won’t ever be given as rewards for eliminating a syndicate or with the suppliers?

I’ve played this enough that I’ve now got almost everything in the safehouse except for five - a mix of shotguns and assault rifles. Now when I eliminate a syndicate, Merces are showing up in the syndicate reward box (which are completely pointless because the supplier’s shops are also consistently completely empty). Not that I’ve been trying to complete the collection intentionally, I’m just curious if certain things can only be obtained by finding them because I would’ve only expected Merces to show up in the box once you have everything.

2 Likes

So, no more HPP way of playing? I thought those were very cool and inspiring.

2 Likes

Replying to myself… Neat.

So yeah I did a bit of searching and found two of the weapons that were “missing” - they were in fact both on guards so it looks like if you do want to have a complete inventory, attention to guns guards are carrying is going to be required.

1 Like

No, I’ll still be doing those wherever possible. Although, I may not be able to for the first few campaigns as I will need to obtain the right weapons and tools to make certain things happen in accordance with the HPP, so for a while I’ll have to just focus on the accumulation of wealth until I’ve got the hang of things and built up my arsenal.

2 Likes

Wait, is that a thing? The Peacock mod can bypass the CTT into thinking it’s in an active server?

1 Like

I wouldn’t call it a mod, but yeah. If you backed up the CTT files, you can still play it. Is even a mod that enables all the other locations too.

2 Likes

Ah yeah, I guess they ended it with an update that removed the required files.
And wow, can’t believe they still added the required stuff for the other locations even if we couldn’t use it…

jealousy intensifies intensely :rage:

2 Likes

I mean, I thought we all knew when playing Freelancer was pretty much a “done” mode. They just wanted to find bugs and balance/change the economy.

The first thing I checked was if the other locations were added, surprise, they were. I just did a bit of modding to allow them to be generated in campaigns and Bob’s your uncle, Fanny’s your aunt, you can play Freelancer across the trilogy.

3 Likes

Sure, but I also figured that IOI would also have done their due dilligence to limit the amount of content in the CTT, to prevent, well, YOU, from poking around in files un-revealed and un-released. :joy: That, and keep files sizes low for a limited test version.

But I guess that might have been a bit too much work to go through and remove.

3 Likes

They definitely didn’t do that. The CTT build is the entire game - the main campaign, elusive targets, Sniper Assassin etc. A lot of pointless data was included. :laughing:

4 Likes

It was ~60GB, the entire retail game. It’s easier to package up a normal retail build than it is to try and get a very barebones version. Which thanks to their packers, should be easy to do in theory, it’s just more work than for what it’s worth. Yes, they could’ve specifically excluded the extra levels like they exclude content already. But why? It’s not like there’s monumental map changes, they’re just adapted for Freelancer.

2 Likes

On top of it, altering the setup too much could also make the test result of the CTT incomparable to the release situation.

3 Likes

Exactly, it’s like the test they did in March. Wanted it like it would be for release. Although, of course, for release it would just be a decently sized update not an entire 60GB re-install.

2 Likes