Freelancer - Pre-Release Discussion

Actually I believe it is A cut mission story for Mendoza, basically just the stuff with the lawyer but it was a whole mission story. Not sure if I’m allowed to put cut content here, so I’ll blur it just in case.

1 Like

Oddly enough, Aaron Ford Jr. does not have suspenders on his shirt like he does in actual mission.

2 Likes

Exactly what I thought.

I’m fully expecting things in the CTT to look slightly different in the final version of Freelancer.

Like you say, that’s the whole point of a CTT/Beta.

So… looks like Road to Freelancer #3 in November isn’t going to happen. :frowning:

8 Likes

Yeah, unless it’s gonna drop in the coming hours… We got shafted.

3 Likes

yeah was it meant to happen

3 Likes

It’s just probably a big traffic jam on that road to Freelancer :x

6 Likes

When I was checking screenshots from H3, I found out that IOI managed to fix clipping issue with apron in Mumbai. It will be hopefully delivered in next patch.

8 Likes

This doesn’t bode well for the missing particles on muffins and violins in the CTT build then. :grimacing:

2 Likes

If it’s delayed, they might drop the next two roadmaps together? Essentially making a bigger ‘Road to Freelancer’ update if that makes sense?

2 Likes

If IOI is finally getting around to fixing clipping issues, that’d give me hope that maybe, just maybe, they’ll fix that goddamned monstrosity of a head mesh disaster in Hitman 1 legacy disguises (+ the clipping issues with headpieces therein; namely the glasses in the first two cases below).

3 Likes

for such strong words, I’m surprised I can’t see what you’re talking about. As someone else replied when this was brought up in some other thread in the past, there’s certainly bigger issues to crush/freelancers to work on & perfect.

7 Likes

Fearfully awaiting the message:

“We regret to inform you all that we have taken your feedback into consideration, and will be making major changes to the core systems. Freelancer has been delayed to Spring 2023…”

6 Likes

You mean it’s not completely obvious?

7 Likes

Alright so that’s the PI’s clipping problem… what’s up with the other two? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The glasses lens.

I think the third one is actually OK though.

4 Likes

If you click on and cycle through the images I posted, you should see the deformation of 47’s cranium (his skull becomes super sloped; oh, and his ears shrink and shift) and the clipping of his glasses into his ears and eyes. The third image is the Sapienza starting suit and is just fine; used for contrast to show what’s wrong with H1 legacy disguises. (Thank you for the zoom-ins of the clipping issues, @schatenjager)

Most of the clipping issues that I’ve seen people mention time and time again are “minor issues”. Most issues fixed by the recent October patch were minor. It being “minor” is no excuse.

4 Likes

I actually didn’t even notice the shape of the forehead issue. Now that you pointed it out though, I do see it. I’m not sure it’s a “monstrosity”, but it should certainly be uniform across all three games.

6 Likes

I am a Sith and speak in hyperboles and absolutes, often times to my detriment, but that… that right there… is all I’ve been trying to get across.

4 Likes

Don’t give them ideas.

3 Likes