HITMAN 3 - Steam Release

Thoughts on H3 pricing model for H1/2 content (hopefully this doesn’t come off as too soapbox-y)

As far as pricing goes, I think the problem is that IOI is inconsistent when it comes to pricing content from older Hitman games within the newer game engine.

When Hitman 2 launched on Steam back in 2018, the GOTY Legacy pack (all Hitman 1 content, within the Hitman 2 engine) cost $20 at full price. It still is that cheap in fact, as you can see here: HITMAN™ - GOTY Legacy Pack on Steam

It’s especially ironic that buying Hitman 1 access pass from within Hitman 3 is more expensive than buying the same content within Hitman 2. They raised the to $30 in Hitman 3! They really made the same content more expensive after three years. HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 1 GOTY Edition on Steam
This is pointless as noted above, as you can just buy this content within Hitman 2 and then location import.

But anyways, Hitman 2 content within Hitman 3 is still priced at a whopping $74.98 at full price: HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 2 Gold on Steam

IOI isn’t willing to give nearly as generous a discount for Hitman 2 within Hitman 3 than they ever gave for Hitman 1 content in either Hitman 2 or 3.

Don’t get me wrong, IOI is free to price their content however they see fit. However, if you change your pricing standards for “old game content” drastically between releases, don’t be surprised if you get review bombed. Personally, I think that Hitman 2 (gold edition) content within Hitman 3 should be priced at $30 maximum.

This is a general Hitman 3 problem though, not necessarily Steam specific.

11 Likes

Try verify demo files

No such luck :frowning:

UPDATE: Wait… it took several re-launches but it finally happened

During the constant “Saving” it at least showed up for a second

Only to get…

So now I’m in the same boat as other people, but at least my entitlements were shown for a split second, which is an improvement!

6 Likes

Is that how you did it? (download the demo and link the IOI account?) Can you get in the maps?

I didn’t do anything with IOI account or progression. Just kept launching the demo and clicking on stuff.

It seems that IOI has begun to take action, but not all the problems have been solved. Most importantly, there is still no free starter pack.

Yes, as you said, pass was successfully added to my library. And maps will be available intermittently. Maybe IOI is testing their changes?

EDIT:The demo keeps showing “loading” and “saved”, which may indicate that IOI is being tested.

Well, looking at the steam store pages for the H1/2 access passes it says they’re in my library…but in the demo the constant saving makes them pop in and out of availability. sigh It’s progress, I guess.

1 Like

Submit the ticket here, I already did yesterday for this broken challenge

https://ioisupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Use this form and if enough people report it, they will put it in Known Issues (I hope).

Platform: [PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S PC, Stadia, Nintendo Switch]

Disc or digital?

Level: Dubai, Dartmoor, etc

Description : Tell us about the problem in a few lines

(e.g “I cannot equip the Silverballer in Dubai”)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. Load the Dubai mission
  3. Open the in-game inventory
  4. Try to equip the Silverballer

Frequency : (Did it happen once, or lots of times, and does it ALWAYS happen?)

Also pinging @Travis_IOI to report the bug to him as well (“I find this Amoosing” challenge in Dartmoor is broken and has been for a while - it requires to kill Alexa with a Moose chandellier, but it’s not granted no matter what you do). Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Just equip the moose in your loadout, you don’t need that lockpick

1 Like

if you click play now it sends you to the Hitman 3 page to buy the game,

so as others have said, the decision to put it as a demo is preventing it from being playable.

2 Likes

Screenshot 2022-01-26 at 16-35-10 STEAM DEMO HITMAN 3 General Discussions

9 Likes

Why do they always refuse to change demo to free starter pack?

They are always avoiding this problem. They don’t seem to want players to get H3 at all.

If they can make the “demo” function the same as FSP, I’m not sure why having the “demo” instead of FSP would be a “problem.”

1 Like

FSP is equal to the game ontology. Can demo be the same as the game ontology?It may be vanity to get the game itself, but this is an essential difference. In addition, we still don’t know whether the data in demo is interconnected with H3. After all, it’s two different “games”. If you play demo first and make some achievements, and then you have to play again in H3, this is not a good thing. :joy:

And I don’t understand why they only do this on steam.

2 Likes

not fixed for me. Game is constantly flickering some menu elements and saving every 4 or 5 seconds. I don’t know if it has anything to do with it, but it’s weird.

Someone recorded what’s happening
https://twitter.com/xymoe/status/1486354026140553219

edit: Revoking IOI’s privacy terms and playing offline works.

Same. However, my legacy locations do work if I play offline instead of online :laughing:

5 Likes

Can confirm that disconnecting from servers allows me to play H1/H2 maps

1 Like

So far it doesn’t seem that it’s possible. Even if they manage to make the game playable for starter pack folks, it being set as a demo still breaks one of the functionalities of the starter pack, which is being able to purchase whichever part of the trilogy you want first, or upgrade what you own, because you cannot buy DLC for a demo.

4 Likes

I still think the simplest and most effective way is to change demo to FSP.

3 Likes