HITMAN 3 - Technical Support

PLATFORM : Xbox series X, Xbox one X, Xbox cloud gaming
DESCRIPTION : After Pressing A on start screen and during “connecting” while trying to log in and go to the main menu, game always gives “failed to connect” pop up message. Says it can’t fetch downloadable content. I’ve uninstalled all DLC, tried to launch game and still get the same error without any dlc installed. Reinstalled, still same broken message.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE: Launch game. At start screen, press A to log in my gamer profile. Once “connecting” appears, a “failed to connect” popup almost immediately follows. Same every time.
FREQUENCY : Tried on 3 different platforms (series X, Xb1X, cloud gaming), many times, and EVERY time the exact same time it happens. Can easily load in and launch the game in online mode with a dummy account but my main account only allows offline play since the “can’t connect” message is constant, every time. You guys went from the infinite connecting to crash to now we can’t play online. HOW IS THE GAME CONSTANTLY BROKEN, UNPLAYABLE AND YOU DONT FIX IT???

This is just unacceptable on so many levels! If this is the outcome for every “fix/update”, I doubt I’ll support anymore of your future projects, including your 007 game. I am inches away from uninstalling, never buying future content and just wiping my hands of any IOI product. Tell me I’m wrong here for wanting to play the game I bought. Tell me your “monitoring” this and I’m out asap. FIX YOUR GAME BEFORE YOU MAKE ANOTHER ONE!!!

2 Likes

Yep. I feel your anger and hatred.

Happens to me on SX too.

Try launching any map you have. Let it load. Then quit to menu. Then go to Go Online. Works every time for me.

IOI servers are trash. They don’t give a fuck.

2 Likes

I appreciate your comment and you sharing your method to get online with H3, but sadly, it doesn’t work for me.

I had to comment in this thread a while back when the game kept crashing after startup, so I was familiar with this specific thread. I say this because after so many different tries (and fails) to login, I kept this page bookmarked, and after experiencing this current issue, I actually popped back onto this thread (before I posted my comment) to see who else was having this similar issue. I noticed one of your comments you posted to someone else saying what you just said to me, and I tried doing your method on a bunch of different missions, but unfortunately, still doesn’t help. That’s when I commented. I was hoping that there would’ve been some user workaround, but sadly, I’m still stuck.

Anyways… I appreciate you offering me a suggestion on how to workaround the issue, but yea, still a no-go. I wish your method worked, but I just can’t get the game to do anything besides offline modes. It’s sad because since they updated the game last… the update that was supposed to fix the game from hard crashing at the login screen… I was only able to play once after that, then ever since I keep getting the current “fetching downloadable content error.” It’s just a huge pain and a major letdown because not only am I unable to play, I’m now missing out on the re-runs of elusive targets, and obviously IOI won’t do a single thing to help people who miss targets due to this major game breaking bug. They got my money & are developing that new 007 game, so it seems the people in my position are just screwed now. Just a shame that Xbox doesn’t allow full refunds for games that developers break. This is literally out of our hands and IOI just laughs all the way to the bank.

Anyway… I’m done ranting. It’s not doing me any good as it is. But again… thanks for the info! Maybe it’ll hopefully help others who are in this same position. Have a good one!!

3 Likes

Hi NeckPUNCHattack, since the January 20th update came out, me, you and who knows how many other players have stopped playing Hitman; there’s no point in continuing to report bugs or get mad at IOI for ruining our favorite game, because they don’t care: now they’ve had our money and they’ll keep it tight.

After 2 months I entered this forum because I was hoping to read that they solved the login problems, but nothing has changed: I have just uninstalled Hitman 3 and now, I’ll spend my time with other games.

Bye.

5 Likes

Platform: PC, Epic games, digital

Description: Whenever I try to open the game I only get an error that reads,
“Epic validation failed.: 1017-0”

Steps to reproduce: Launch game

Frequency: Every time I try to launch the game.

1 Like

PLATFORM : Xbox series X, Xbox one X, Xbox cloud gaming
DESCRIPTION : After Pressing A on start screen and during “connecting” while trying to log in and go to the main menu, game always gives “failed to connect” pop up message. Says it can’t fetch downloadable content. I’ve uninstalled all DLC, tried to launch game and still get the same error without any dlc installed. Reinstalled, still same broken message.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE: Launch game. At start screen, press A to log in my gamer profile. Once “connecting” appears, a “failed to connect” popup almost immediately follows. Same every time.
FREQUENCY : Tried on 3 different platforms (series X, Xb1X, cloud gaming), many times, and EVERY time the exact same time it happens. Can easily load in and launch the game in online mode with a dummy account but my main account only allows offline play since the “can’t connect” message is constant, every time. You guys went from the infinite connecting to crash to now we can’t play online. HOW IS THE GAME CONSTANTLY BROKEN, UNPLAYABLE AND YOU DONT FIX IT???

1 Like

Platfform : PC , Epic
Description : at the beginning with the diologist Diana and the 47th, the voice of both the 47th and Diana disappears.
Frequency : Always

1 Like

Okay… latest Xbox update fixed this “connecting to servers” game breaking bug and I was actually able to get into H3 for the first time in a loooong time.

Sadly, I’ve missed out on 2-4 of the second round of elusive targets due to not being able to play online, but as long as this update holds and doesn’t break the game like the last “connecting” hard crash bug did, I’ll be in good shape. I’m just VERY weary about H3 now due to how easy it’s breaking and not being play tested as much as it should be before pushing these updates out to the public.

I don’t wanna be “that guy” but something better has to happen for the people who get hit with these game breaking bugs instead of just saying “we’re looking into it.” At the very least, IOI knows how long ppl in my shoes missed out due to game data they actively monitor, and they should be extending elusive targets OR relaunching the ones that couldn’t be accessed during the time we couldn’t get online due to this server bug. I’m not saying to postpone other targets, but allow multiple targets to be up at the same time or pop the missed ones up during the downtime between targets. And that’s just the bare minimum. Not being able to play for 4 months is quite a slap in the face when nothing is done to win back the ppl in my position. Not looking for handouts… just compensation for not being able to play a game we own.

Anyway… this is long enough as it is. Just here to say this latest update fixed the last broken update (of another broken update lol) of H3 and so far (fingers crossed) I’ve been able to sign in and out multiple times in a row. Hopefully that’s the last time this bug pops up. Thanks for finally taking care of this IOI!!

5 Likes

Platform: PC - Digital

Description : Quite often when I do an action in Hitman 3 such as kill someone, turn of a generator or some lights the game will freeze then crash without displaying an error code.

Steps to reproduce: My best guess to reproduce this issue would be to play the game on Windows 11.

Frequency : This always happens even after a fresh install of the game.

Attach I can’t show any images of the issue but I can show the text of the event log from Windows 11

Event-Log:

Faulting application name: hitman3.exe, version: 3.100.0.0, time stamp: 0x61f294f2
Faulting module name: hitman3.exe, version: 3.100.0.0, time stamp: 0x61f294f2
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x0000000001334f23
Faulting process id: 0x1d50
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8496edcf534e7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\HITMAN3\retail\hitman3.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\HITMAN3\retail\hitman3.exe
Report Id: d4931780-401f-4908-be23-ed9bb0d9bddf
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Any help in fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Platform: PC, Epic

Description: Crashes when loading certain saves on Darmoor level.

Steps to reproduce: Seems to happen when triggering the event where the family is supposed to take a group photo, saves made after that will crash the game when attempting to load them

Frequency: Every time during and after the photo opportunity

PC Contoler, (logitech) isnt working, select is crouch, left trigger is start menu, right tirgger is options menu, a is x and b is a. please fix.

Platform: PC (epic games)
digital

Description : hitman when launched out of epic games goes into its own launcher then you click “open” and then it goes into the game. I am and always was able to get into the hitman launcher but after I click open in closes then epic games opens up giving me no error message

Steps to reproduce: idk if you can

Frequency : it wont stop

Attach https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nSS-dUNcqTmI1VPPBzf_Ies-GZxkk2k4/view?usp=sharing

Platform: Xbox One S

Description: Can’t access to favorite contracts, and can’t add any without losing connection to servers.

Frequency: Always

Steps To Reproduce:

1. Tried to reconnect network
  2. Tried to redownload game
1 Like

Same for me, on PS4. I opened a ticket on IOI a few months ago but unfortunately nothing happened. I had a lot of contracts on that list, I thought that may be the problem.

1 Like

Same here but on pc epic

2 Likes

A lot of my unlocked items are still missing. I have sent all of the necessary information over a year ago and nothing has been done. Really takes the enjoyment out of unlocking items if I can’t use them.

Platform:PC
Description:Playing with Windows 11 often freezes and flashes back
1.CTRL+SHIFT=W(ASD)
Frequency:or lots of times

Platform: PC (Epic Games)

Description : The game won’t launch.

I have been having major issues with Hitman 3 this past month on Windows 11. The game keeps crashing my OS (BSOD) after 10-15 minutes of playing. And now there seems to be some conflict with the save game (?) and the game just won’t launch anymore.

Things I’ve tried so far:

• Uninstall and reinstall the game and the launcher too.
  • Moved the game from one drive to another.
  • Delete the save games from %APPDATA%\IO Interactive\Epic<user-id>\HITMAN3

In the video, you can see that it says “Running” and then it goes back to “Launch”. It has been like this for the past 1 week.

Please help. It absolutely sucks that I might miss The Gunrunner ET and miss on the suit unlock, since I already failed The Entertainer back when it was released.

All other games are running perfectly well and the problem is only with Hitman 3.

1 Like

hitman 3 on Xbox is only allowing Marrakesh to be played… everything else says “get access”… WTF

1 Like

^^^^^^

Latest patch bro, they fixed some things.

1 Like