HITMAN 3 - Year 2 Announcement

Ammunition isn’t free either! Especially in 2020 and 2021. Having to buy ammo was such realism builder in C47

6 Likes

Also you could look at all the Items and Weapons in that menu, freely moving them around etc. So much better than the still images we got nowadays.

10 Likes

So basically every playthrough would feel new as you start with no items and get new ones with money earned based on your rating. That could be good as well!

3 Likes

Some guesses on my part about Elusive Targets Arcade:

-Random target and loadout. You won’t be able to choose.

-It’ll introruce random hazards and criterias (mines, extra enforcers, no disguises, etc) from escalations.

-Some form of leveling system with rewards will be implemented different from the currently meaningless online level.

-We’ll get a few more new targets in H2 and H3 maps to end up with a total of 47 targets.

4 Likes

When’s everyone expecting the first teaser? Something first week of January surely?

3 Likes

Initial announcement video:

But considering The Winter Roadmap won’t end until January 19th, and

It will be January 20th.

14 Likes

I know when winter roadmap ends and the new content starts, my question was in relation to any snippets of info/teasers they may throw at us before the 20th.

Surely a few bits and pieces on Twitter/Instagram before the big drop.

3 Likes

Full details on how this game mode works will be shared in early January 2022.

This is from the elusive target arcade section from the blog post.
So im guessing early january.

3 Likes

Probably the first week of january (3th - 9th). By the time the roadmap is done H3 will probably launch on Steam and I reckon they want the news out before that time.

5 Likes

Yeah I think small teasers come here and then, like the PCVR clip.

4 Likes

Whenever it comes, I hope that IOI will put together a good cinematic trailer for the new Year 2 content. The WoA trilogy has had some brilliant trailers over the last 5-6 years, but the ones I like best are the trailers that are completely in–fictional-world focused rather than those which integrate external information (e.g. “as the world’s greatest assassin, any of these things could be your weapon” etc). I’m hoping for something like the launch trailers for The Bank and Haven Island - love this kind of thing as its own content, it’s just fun to watch back by itself.

24 Likes

i would love if they put out another trailer on new years day

1 Like

will they reveal the full content on january for modes maps storylines outfits and new ways to play

If anything the expectations from past few years is a content highlight roadmap for the year.

That way we have a timeline on when to expect said content. The only issue with this is that of course everything is subject to change which should be the expectation going forward since plans change.

20 Likes

I was loving this roadmap even though some stuff had to be dropped.

5 Likes

Rivals was the Theming that got the most content canceled during H2’s content cycle. A lot of variables come into play between IO reallocating resources towards H3 and just Ghost Mode.

While Ghost Mode is a relatively hot topic since you’re either a fan of it, you aren’t, or you’re somewhere in between. And it’s evident that it had a fanbase competitively, but unfortunately it was a niche corner of the otherwise larger fanbase.

One of Ghost Modes shortcomings was it couldn’t sustain a playerbase large enough especially for a competitive multiplayer mode. I think IO re-evaluated Ghost Mode and it’s future somewhere around Late-Spring/Early Summer 2019 which led to the later cancellation of content.

Personally speaking the cancellation of the content while it sucks was a good decision since again it allowed IO to free up resources especially towards the development of H3 which while having its own issue right now it is the definitive way to play the trilogy and is the most successful out of the WoA Trilogy.

Ghost Mode walked so H3 could run. The next year of content is looking good, but will history repeat itself with canceled content and IO end up focusing on 007 or will we get everything offered. Who knows :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

damn it i was about to say that but oh well

will see what happens in the start of 2022

I’m betting we won’t get our roadmap and trailer until Jan 20th, like we usually do when a new content season starts.

But.

I do expect some single-image teases in the week or two beforehand.
I do want a new IOI Insider but I don’t see what could be talked about in it. Better to wait till after we learn about what’s next.

2 Likes

Yup, that’s usually how that works

3 Likes