HITMAN 3 - Year 2 Announcement

That would be a dream, I dont think IOI would implement a hideout without any sort of use. IF they add an hideout.

For RTX, well, it turns some of the ugly sideeffects of SSR to non. A good example is the floor on the Bank map:

With RTX, it will look stunning even if you look on the floor:

And not just vanish.

Lightning and Shadow RTX is perfectly shown in Metro Exodus how subtle but impressivly looking the skies and lightning can be.

(Also I hope with RTX light and shadows, the skies will look better, and the color “tints” and bloom might be gone)

7 Likes

Okay, new game modes. What if… Let me dream here a little - one of these modes is the whole WoA Campaign, but with the classic Hitman Game Structure? We know that there was a money system planned at some point in development, so maybe they put it into one of the modes?

Or, you start the campaign with only the standard loadout and can collect all the items within in the levels, to bring them into the next level, like in Hitman Silent Assassin.
You can return to your new Safehouse and try the weapons there after each Level, like in Gontranno?

This would be freaking awesome.

17 Likes

A game mode that I thought would be cool is if we could make our own elusive targets:

• You choose the map and then play out the movements and actions of your elusive target, which are then saved.

• You set the winning conditions for defeating the elusive target (e.g. taking out the target before some event, or before stealing some item).

• IOI provides a character creator where you can dress up your elusive target, and you can provide a mission briefing.

8 Likes

i would love a coop mode

4 Likes

Correct you, it’s the Chef from Dartmoor 1/2 of the loose of targets of gluttony

4 Likes

i kinda like those :smile:

1 Like

ohhh of course, my bad

1 Like

There still is the possibility that it was Grey’s house now occupied by 47. It would make sense in the lore. (and 47 already took his coat, so what’s a mere house between brothers)

Lucas Grey was the head of security for Milton-Fitzpatrick CEO, Eugene Cobb amongst other well paying and prestigious job before he went on doing what we all know him for (starting with his employer).

Or it’s just a new nightcall as @Pitman said.

15 Likes

I fucking hate Lucas Grey

2 Likes

Any reasons for such an attitude?

16 Likes

I wanted to strangle him every time he spoke in HITMAN 2 !

2 Likes

Bit much but ok

22 Likes

You’re earned yourself a block from Mini :flushed:

15 Likes

22 Likes

I have nothing against you <3

2 Likes

Imagine we all got it wrong and it’s neither 47’s hideout or a new mission? :rofl::rofl:

Joking aside, I do think the trailer is very well put together and the target range might be part of 47’s rumoured hideout and the other shot outside showing the house could be the new mission?

I guess they do things like this is film trailers and put things together thinking they are part of the same scene/location and they actually aren’t. Could be way of IOI to get our imaginations running? :wink::wink:

9 Likes

They’re doing this to steal our ideas! Sneaky game devs :exploding_head:

11 Likes

In spring we will discover that it’s actually a brand new sniper map ! One full of 10 seconds window after 10 minutes of waiting challenges. And where the trees are always in our way. :grinning:

More seriously, it could be a mix of both mission and hideout, the same way the deterministic mode was implemented in the Dartmoor Garden Show.
A normal mission (normal target, or a more “special” mission like reclaiming the place) followed by the unlock of a special starting point with no NPC and maybe more special interaction.
That would also allow to implement a narrative during the first launch of the map without encumbering the possible safehouse function afterwards.

I wouldn’t be against it. Currrently every time I try new suits, wish to test items, or just want to walk around I just launch Sapienza with the ICA Safehouse starting point and the ICA safehouse pickup. I must have done that a hundred time now,
So giving an alternative, even if it’s not dedicated, would be right for me.

The One True Safehouse

But that’s pure speculation, and it’s true that I haven’t seen the possibility of the old juxtaposition trick, as you said in your post. :thinking:

(personally I still think it’s one dedicated location)

I’m also curious to see how it will be implemented in the menus (if we don’t have a new one to go with a potential all games as one approach).
The Hitman Team have been more and more careful with them lately to not have everything hidden in obscure alcoves for the new players. (the 7DS submenu, the Hitman 2 unlocks like the Kashmirian in the Escalation Challenges always visible in all locations…)

6 Likes

Modes and ways to play can’t be developed at a glance. I feel that Seven Deadly Sins was a practical trial and error for IOI; We got Vitality meter, AI controlled Ghost Competent and attack waves, alongside more (minor) features; But some of them seemed to be, well- not mature. The Ghost Competent was slow, Vitality meter could’ve been implemented better etc. But putting them in the game, They could easily see how well they work out, what is the fanbase feedback and most importantly in what ways they can improve those having a larger population of “testers”. Beside it could work as roadmap content and bring up related themed content (FCs and ETs).

21 Likes

Never considered this. Excellent theory. Wouldn’t be surprised if you’re correct.

5 Likes