HITMAN 3 - Year 2 Announcement

While I was in-between on ghost mode. I think what really killed it was that it was still in beta and needed far more fine tuning and only launching with one map and second map being introduced 4-5 months later and in my opinion one of the worst to choose from for this mode. Dreaded the 50/50 on Columbia

They should of went with Paris, Hokkaido as the second and potentially third map with Mumbai and then Haven after.

Shame it was kicked really, as Hitman 3 would of had some great maps for Ghost Mode like Berlin, Mendoza and Dartmoor

If they also added more target generations or guard variations to the target so wasn’t just knowing the same target kill after a few games.

Shame as the concept was great and felt quite unique to play, hope the concept can be revisited at later point. Though think it might be bit too late to add back to WoA.

6 Likes

Ghost Mode itself wasn’t in beta, it was the multiplayer matchmaking service that never left beta status (and is still labeled as such to this day for Sniper Assassin multiplayer in H2).

They had planned to bring GM to the Legacy locations, but I guess the rationale behind doing Colombia and then Mumbai first was that then the different maps would be accessible to anyone with H2, rather than locking all the other maps behind the Legacy Pack DLC and leaving some players with just Miami still.

2 Likes

Ah fair with the Beta and match-making thought it was the mode in general.

I understand the reasoning, it is more I think Hitman 2 locations weren’t overly suited for the mode, Columbia, Scile and possibly Mumbai might of been too big to traverse quickly and allow good pace. Mumbai at least more public and sniping chances.

Really only Miami what worked and possibly the DLC locations. Whittleton could of also worked quite well so perhaps that should of been favored over Columbia.

Perhaps if they used Paris as a free level for the starter pack?

1 Like

are we expecting some news today?

3 Likes

I’m not, what with it being a Saturday and a holiday and all.

8 Likes

After HITMAN 3 first birthday, 20th of January, I presume

6 Likes

Nah, we’ll get some news before then, they said they’d be sharing more details about Year 2 in early January. Presumably any day before the 15th at very latest, even though the content itself doesn’t begin until the 20th.

19 Likes

Everyone back from the holidays by Tuesday at the latest, I’m hoping for something before the end of the week.

Happy new year guys!

6 Likes

18 days left waiting and counting like was in the past year ago, and Hope for Chongqing new year In February😌
Meanwhile celebrate Snow festival tommorow😜

7 Likes

oh shit yeah thats out tomorrow

2 Likes

i have already done it but for anyone or new players is out tomorrow you unlock the ice pick and the snow festival suit

1 Like

was there a different outfit like the winter sports suit with the briefcase and a fibre wire

I like the HSF because of how easy it is to get the target fully alone and isolated without having to do anything except sabotage one of the automatic toilets at the right moment. The target walks in to turn it off without his bodyguard and nobody can hear him, so the only ways you can’t kill him that aren’t SA at that point is consuming poison, an explosive, and using an unsuppressed firearm. You even have 2 accident options. I prefer to let him turn around and see me and start panicking, then it shoot him between the eyes with the Silverballer.

5 Likes

:raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::wink::wink:

Respect!! :+1:t2:

3 Likes

oh thank you very much lewis

2 Likes

I’m excited for HSF cause unlike when I did it in Hitman 2, I’ll be able to wear the White Yukata while playing it. Man I love that suit

3 Likes

What’s a “HSF”? Not even searching the forum brought up any results for this.

3 Likes

Hokkaido Snow Festival.

5 Likes

I totally lost interest in HITMAN 3 after finishing the game twice and playing a few Escalations to unlock stuff. Mainly because other games „needed“ my attention and because of the DLC pack, which I found not worth it.

I am looking forward to jump back in and take down the re-activated Elusive targets this year … as well as the content year two brings. I‘d still love an offline Ghost mode where you just try to kill a random target as fast as possible.
Ghost mode was really good, at least Miami was fun.

2 Likes

I think there’s only 2 re-activated ET’s left this year. “The Procurers” and “The Rage”.

2 Likes