Hitman 3, Year 2 - October Roadmap (Released October 6, 2022)

If not freelancer in october month im going to remove the game from my pc

1 Like

yer back! zombie revolutionary lol. also yes. please let there be a jack-o-lantern suit for the love of god.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind him in ETA, but not as a rerun ET; he just has too big a failure rate.

If the Ex-dictator has shown me anything, there’s a reason IOI took their sweet time bringing them back.

Imo, the best course of action if they do plan to use The Fixer as an ET would be to put it in the Arcade first. That way the many new players that only started playing WoA with H3 that haven’t played the mission have a chance to figure it out without any sort of permanent failure first.

Just shove some stupid complication like “no camera recordings” that doesn’t affect much of anything and its a perfect practice opportunity.

4 Likes

Can’t wait for the patch and new contents!

All the more reason to bring him back. This time, people would have no excuses; we’ve had 6 years to figure out the dos and don’ts.

1 Like

You mean closed?

1 Like

47 Leaning too close to the door will not open the door

Not everyone has HAD six years because not everyone has been around for that long.

1 Like

I won’t mind the fixer reactivation, even if probably I won’t play it, it’s more a chore than anything for me. But if people demand it, well why not?

1 Like

And? I wasn’t able to begin playing H1 until a year after it came out and I had already missed the first activation of all ETs, and I still count myself as having had six years. If I missed one, that’s on me; if others missed some, that’s on them. In any event, irrelevant: each ET that can be activated should be activated and then placed into Arcade mode if it hasn’t already been put there ahead of activation, just on principle.

1 Like

Celebrity ET’s included! Replace them by a non-celebrity character if needed but keep the rest of the coding.

4 Likes

The problem is with this is that people want them back because of the celebrity, not because of the mission itself is inaccessible.

Sean Bean being “The Undying” is a meta gag on how he dies a lot in media, and it’d kinda lose its appeal if someone generic replaced him. It’s funny and appealing because there are layers to the joke the audience understands. Remove the joke and the layers don’t hold up as much. Of course, they could go down the Expy route by making a Sean Bean pastiche, But I don’t see that happening, not anytime soon.

We’re never getting those back because those missions are under lots of legal red tape. That and Sean Bean and Gary Cole/ Busey’s image rights are probably rather expensive.

I know this is not the answer people want to hear, but it’s the reality of the matter.

4 Likes

If a person didn’t know about the game three years into Hitman WOA’s ET cycle, then they’ve had three years, not six. This is all about the specific perspective of the person, not the time the game has been out.

How expensive could two out-of-work actors long past their memeable days be if IOI went to them and offered them the first check they’ve seen since they last agreed to be ETs?

I say this in jest, of course. Sean Bean is a bit better off than Gary Busey and IOI wouldn’t do that even if we’re true.

Dude, not being serious on the amount of time. And, more importantly, I don’t care about the amount of time. They need to reactivate the Fixer because it’s an ET and they should all be activated as such. New people who haven’t had a shot can read the strategies of those who have and keep up. They have six years of intel if not experience.

Sean bean is a highly respected actor, and is thus sought after for shows and media. The more the actor is well know and gives a good performance (Which Bean absolutely does do), then his fee’s get higher.

Gary Busey/ Cole, while less in the spotlight these days, are still well-known, and still are probably expensive to re-hire the image and vocal rights of.

As part of ETA, sure. And new players don’t immediately think to go to guides in the same way more veteran players would. New players tend to try stuff first, then look things up, not the reverse. It’s only until they’re more familiar with the community and the game do they look things up to better understand the games’ mechanics and such.

Bit of a problem when The Fixer has additional anti-cheesing rules too, which is why it has had such a low success rate (11% and 18% respectively). And Guides have always existed to tell people what to do on both runs of The Fixer, so one suspects the ET is hard and people just try to cheese it, when that doesn’t work. The proliferation of those guides really didn’t do much back in 2016-17.

No, not just ETA. I want to go into my career page, look under ETs and see that asshole’s image with the word completed and five stars showing. ETA is fine afterward, or even prior to, sure, for added insult to him, but I want a full fledged shot at regular ET mode with him that can be logged as a success on my record for all time. This bastard owes me that.

Unless there’s some major movement in polls for Xander to rerun (we never know!), I suspect IOI are quite hesitant to re-run him, and I hardly blame them for not wanting to for all these years.

Why do you say that?
That’s certainly not true for me, and I made that clear in my original post about this.
The Undying is one of the best ETs, regardless of Sean Bean.
Don’t know about The Wildcard because I never even got to play that one.

Sean Bean’s still doing stuff. He did well playing Mark Colden in Time last year, and right now he’s in a BBC drama called Marriage. He was even in a Yorkshire Tea advert, waving a sword around like a lunatic. Check out his wiki page, he’s still at it at: Sean Bean - Wikipedia

As for Gary Busey, I don’t think he’s someone IO would be particularly motivated to bring back, considering the situation he’s in: Gary Busey charged with sexual offenses at New Jersey convention | US news | The Guardian

1 Like