Hitman 3, Year 2 - Winter Roadmap

yoo Congrats Urben and Frote7

Ah, yeah, you guys need your Holiday break after all! Would be kinda hard to keep a steady flow of updates if no one’s in the office to do that :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Okay some thoughts on two new unlocks:

1. The explosive present is an awesome idea. Can’t believe it wasn’t made sooner because it makes too much sense. It also somewhat looks like a ring box, so maybe if you’re creating a contract centered around infidelity, love, whatever…it would be a nice accent. Also I doubt this happens, but it would be a cool detail if NPCs came over and shook it to see what was inside.

2. The iceballer is sick! Is it officially endorsed by the Ice-CA? :wink: Bad puns regardless, I really like this even if it is a reskin because it looks special - you can even see bits that aren’t frozen peeking out. Wonder if it makes a unique sound when dispensing bullets, like the HWK21 Pale Homemade Silencer?

4 Likes

Who knows maybe they got different ID like Bartoli Woodsman Hunting Rifle?

Question is what is worse, a contract that became too easy or a contract that is super confusing? :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

For that matter, although the color combinations are reminiscent of Christmas, there’s still no explicitly Christmas decorations on it, so it could even be used for future Valentine’s Day or Birthday or Anniversary themed Feature Contracts.

I’m fucking dead. :skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

You posted last years winter road map

2 Likes

Hmmm. The Forger is billed as the final ET for “HITMAN 3 Year 2” rather than just as “the final ET for H3”… Year 3 incoming? :thinking:

5 Likes

I really like the new challenges for encouraging the player to explore and find the presents, before this I honestly didn’t even know where you could find an Explosive Xmas Gift. Even though the Santa 47 suit is technically different from the in-mission disguise of Santa 47, it still counts toward the challenge and lets you use the chimney exit.

I wonder if the other items unique to Holiday Hoarders will ever be made unlockable: the Xmas Star, the Mysterious Gift (there’s a few places where an unlockable shovel might come in handy), the Explosive Snowglobe, etc. Maybe in Year 3 (fingers crossed it’ll exist)

3 Likes

I stand corrected by myself: the Warlord has also not been released yet, but she is coming in the batch that is due. So then the Fixer will be the only one unaccounted for who is available to be run. God, I hope these next two batches don’t have bullshit complications.

3 Likes

Shame The Warlord Y2 will presumably never see the light of day now that The Forger is confirmed to be the last Y2 ET, there were three that had the relevant stuff added to the game that are seemingly going unused. :frowning:

I honestly hope not. I’m a bit tired of the ET formula. I think it ran its course, and a third year of it would be too much for me.

Reactivations in 2023 though would be good, especially for new players.

3 Likes

At least if ETs come to an end in January, I won’t have to worry for too much longer about ETs ruining my quest for getting every single challenge in the game completed. So there are some pros and cons.

2 Likes

Just please, for the love of god, release all the ETs individually without complications in Arcade mode so they can have infinite replayability. That’s all that left.

7 Likes

Can’t wait for freelancer to hit next month hype :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

With Year 2 is concluded Elusives-wise, I wonder if there will be a rerun of Elusive Targets for Steam players of HITMAN 3.
You know what I’m talking about - the Epic Games exclusive year of Elusive Targets which appeared then and never been in HITMAN 3 for Steam, hopefully yet.
Any comments here, @Travis_IOI @Clemens_IOI ?

4 Likes

The next ETA is also billed as the final of Year 2. So that should mean, at the very least, we’ll still be getting Elusives (either run, or re-run) and new ETA batches added for a bit after Freelancer.

3 Likes

I did, absolutely, yep, affirm in the positive. I posted last year’s winter road map.

3 Likes

The Ice Baller would be even better if it turned everyone shot by it into a ice statue.

6 Likes

And then you could shatter that statue if you had a hammer, just like how H2 (but not H3, oddly) let you break the glass on the path lights in Whittleton Creek with a hammer.

4 Likes