Hitman Contracts BETA Images and discussion

The level is almost done!
Having some problems but should be available soon!

4 Likes

I definitely do agree that old look makes things even more haunted but it could honestly still benefit from an upgrade just to make things less blurry. Then you could finally see things like the Hitman insignia on Ort-Meyer’s belt in it’s full glory. It’s what the devs would have done, if they could.

Nice! What have you changed so far? Looking forward to the mod.

2 Likes

The mods on Nexus for Contracts are… interesting to say the least. :eyes:

1 Like

the bullet holes when generated instantly crash the game. so thats been removed,That screen shot was on perfect time because one second and the gunshot sound repeats and boom the game crashes

i tried to add a new death animation but that doesnt work properly
many of my ideas are just impossible and really frustrating to get them to work
so the first level is just a reskin
the next few levels might have these things

1 Like

3 Likes

New death animation sounds cool, you should do a side-by-side of before and after your level reskin, but that would require undoing all your work by re-installing the game.

i can just install the game somewhere else and do a side by side

1 Like

My plan was to have the hitman 2 death animation. With new sound effects like 47’s body and head hitting the ground and 47 screaming in pain. I tried to add this and turns out the game just doesnt like to work with these new things.
So far i have got really bad results

1 Like

Did anyone ever wonder about this fiber wire anim and why it’s not in blood money? https://youtu.be/DYkBw92nI10?t=167
47 barely uses the wire in it, it’s possible they considered some unarmed attack similar to the guns and just reused it for the wire.

i think you could do it with bare hands or something

1 Like

here is the new death animation which mostly wont make it to the final game!
new sound effects added
The game crashes the instant you press ESC or
when the menu pops up

4 Likes

is that hitman 2 or contracts?

similar to my cut weapon knockout video. in hitman 2 beta, 47 could punch… they cut the feature but tried again to reuse in contracts. instead of having a punch button, they did it via stealth animations again, feature got removed. and animations got thrown into the fiber wire animation batch

Yeah these animations dont look right with the fibre wire
There are some sounds which raise my doubts about hiding bodies in dumpsters
Body_FallIntoDumpster_01.wav and Body_FallIntoDumpster_02.wav
I think you could do this in the beta

2 Likes

same deal, but put into blood money later on

1 Like

Can you repackage the game files so that the hi res models are used in gameplay? Would be great to enhance the original game without any mods.

2 Likes

It’s probably a lot of work, nice thought though.

1 Like

I tried doing it just by exporting the hi-res one and trying to import it into the .tex file of the in-level model. It showed an error, that the resolution is wrong. You’d probably have to downscale it to the proper resolution to import it, at which point the finer details would be lost, so it wouldn’t make any difference.

2 Likes

Yes, you do have to downsize it to the original, unfortunately. There are still a lot of improvements you can make but you really have to make your changes bold or they will likely just get blurred out when the relatively small texture is stretched over the model. Even the enhancement to the texture I posted earlier, which looks amazing in the raw textures, is mainly blurred out in the actual game.

1 Like

i tried doing this too but i didnt notice much of an improvement. My way of improving the textures are increasing their contrast by a lot! It makes the barcode visible and 47’s skin looks natural too.

2 Likes