HITMAN: Definitive Edition Annoucement

LINK IF YOU WANNA READ ON THE OFFICIAL IOI SITE: https://www.ioi.dk/20-years-of-ioi/

This year marks a milestone anniversary for us and it’s one that we want to celebrate: IOI is 20 years old!

We’ve been making games for two decades and have released 11 games from four different franchises. It feels incredible to say that and look back at everything that we’ve achieved along the way.

In 2000, we introduced Agent 47 to the world with Codename 47 and established his legacy as a Silent Assassin two years later. Then, we released Freedom Fighters in 2003 and gave our take on an alternative history in New York before returning to 47 with the atmospheric Hitman Contracts and then Blood Money in 2006.

In the following three years, we introduced another two franchises. First, Kane & Lynch. The world’s most notorious criminals blasted their way through two titles – with the release of Mini Ninjas firmly placed between them. After a 6-year break, Agent 47 returned in Hitman: Sniper Challenge and Absolution, on new technology and with a very personal story. Now, we’re still supporting HITMAN (2016, All Caps) with monthly content and love more than two years after its initial launch.

That’s the entire release history of our games in two paragraphs. We want to give each game a lot more love throughout the rest of the year – and we’ll be doing that with artwork, livestreams, interviews and much more. Look for announcements on Twitter and Facebook.

Today, we’re hard at work. We’ve got plenty cooking and the pots are still boiling. Please don’t read too much into the analogy. We just thought of it and we’re sticking with it. We think you know what we’re saying.

We want to use this blog post to share some other great news with you!

HITMAN now has more than 12 million players!
That’s in bold because we’re so proud to say it! We’re humbled and excited to see so many players enjoying the game!

Here’s another incredible milestone: Last week, we set a new all-time record for the most active users in a single day. We had to spin up our server capacity to meet demand.

Back in 2015 when we announced HITMAN, we talked about building an expanding and evolving world of assassination. These numbers prove to us that we’re pulling that off and we’re inspired to continue creating content that our players will want to play and experience. Obviously, that number was helped by our Spring Pack, which was available for a limited time. This download allowed anyone to play Sapienza, the beautiful Italian coastaltown and one of the most highly-praised locations from HITMAN.

It’s great to see so many people playing our game, liking it and wanting more of it, which is great support for us. As an independent studio, that is very important. Whenever you started playing the game, we appreciate all the support. Thank you.

Looking slightly to the future
As part of our anniversary celebrations, we’re excited to announce that HITMAN: Definitive Edition will be released on May 15th for Xbox One and PS4!

Coming exclusively to store shelves, HITMAN: Definitive Edition includes all episodes and locations from Season One plus all of the Game of the Year Edition content, including the Patient Zero campaign! We’ve partnered with Warner Bros. to release the Definitive Edition. They’ll be publishing and distributing this version of the game to store shelves all over the world.

We’re tying our studio anniversary and the upcoming Definitive Edition release with a new outfit bundle that celebrates our history. Introducing… The Anniversary Outfit Bundle!

These new outfits are inspired by the games that we’ve made here at IOI; Freedom Fighters, Kane & Lynch and Mini Ninjas!

The Freedom Phantom Suit is inspired by Christopher Stone from Freedom Fighters.
Get ready to take command and fight for freedom in a suit that is equal parts charismatic and rebellious.

The Lynch Suit is inspired by everybody’s favourite criminal; Lynch.
It’s the perfect suit for an impulsive, reckless and self-medicated psychopath.

The Futo Suit is inspired by Futo from Mini Ninjas.
As you know, Ninjas always operate alone but they don’t always fight using a hammer. Futo does.

The Anniversary Outfit bundle will be made available for purchase on digital platforms later this year.

Here’s the full list of what’s included in HITMAN: Definitive Edition

• Anniversary Outfit Bundle – Three new outfits inspired by IOI games; Freedom Fighters, Kane & Lynch and Mini Ninjas
  • HITMAN Season One – Seven exotic locations from the first season, including Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido, along with the ICA Facility
  • HITMAN Game of the Year Edition Content – Four missions from the Patient Zero Campaign, three themed Escalation Contracts that unlock three unique weapons, as well as the Clown Suit, Cowboy Suit and Raven Suit
  • HITMAN Bonus Episode – Featuring 3 Bonus Missions in Sapienza and Marrakesh
  • HITMAN: Blood Money Requiem Pack – Including the Requiem Suit, Pale Duck Explosive and ICA Chrome Pistol
  • All Featured Contracts, Escalation Contracts, Challenge Packs and game updates from HITMAN Season One and HITMAN Game of the Year Edition

BOOM! There you have it; the announcement of HITMAN: Definitive Edition, the start of our 20th anniversary celebrations and more people than ever are playing HITMAN! We told you 2018 would be good. More to come.

INB4 The costumes cost $10 :wink:

All jokes aside, notice how its not called HITMAN: Season One or HITMAN: The Definitive First Season. I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that the next installment of HITMAN will not be called HITMAN: Season Two. :thinking:

Hitman: Definitive Edition?

Excited but surprised they’re releasing a physical copy of the whole game, impressed none the less, looking forward to it for the collection! :grin:

There quote;
We’ve got plenty cooking and the pots are still boiling. Please don’t read too much into the analogy.

This is intriguing

“Definitive Edition”
huutis
Lmao, but I’m giving them my money anyway. I’m just hoping this isn’t just an excuse to make us wait for S2 too long.

Happy birthday though, IO.

Hmmm, maybe I’m looking too much into this but it seems to be both good news and bad news. The good news is there’s more stuff coming, but the bad news is that it seems to me that a Season 2 announcement is more distant than ever. No way IOI would release an anniversary edition and come out with a new season shortly after.

However, this is great news for those who haven’t gotten the game yet and want to buy it because of the Spring Pack!

Warner Bros is now the publisher for the Hitman franchise? Nice!

i just interested only with below

i see no reason to be good!
only 3 outfits? ohh. okey, sorry…

I mean, is it that hard to import some Kanye and Lynch or Freedom Fighter weapons? I feel like we’re playing HITMAN: Fashion Simulator.

I mean, cmon, look how cool this concealable shotgun would be!

Even still, I’m happy IO-I feels confident about the future of HITMAN. :smile:

Also…

just a joke I found funny pls don’t hurt me

HITMAN now has more than 12 million players!
That’s in bold because we’re so proud to say it! We’re humbled and excited to see so many players enjoying the game!

fantastic news if this is the case, considering Absolution sold 3.6million in less than a year, with a predicted 6million sales in total.

Also, im glad they are finally releasing a version of the game that has everything out of the box, much easier for the consumer, even if it does add to the amount of versions this game has now.

I didn’t expect anything for existing players and was pleasantly surprised with the new suits. Yeah I will probably buy Anniversary Outfit Bundle, more out of love for IO for sticking with the game 2 years since it first started coming out. I don’t think i’ve seen as much commitment to a game as IO have stuck to Hitman2016. They didn’t have to make the GOTY verson, they didn’t have to make Patient Zero, they didn’t have to re-released the Elusive Targets, and while you might argue with the quality of those actions, I respect that they did them anyway.

Now if we could start talking about season 2… :wink:

Happy Birthday IO, here’s to the next 20 years!

They are the publisher solely for the physical version of this edition, which doesn’t mean they are the publisher of the franchise in general. This more like Witcher 3, which is mostly CDPRed but partnered with Warner Bros for the physical versions.

Is the definitive edition completely offline? Because that’s the only reason I’d buy it.

btw @Travis_IOI , will the definitive edition come with a new patch?

I’d assume all the online connectivity will still be there

Publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and developer IO Interactive have announced a worldwide publishing and distribution deal for the Hitman franchise. As part of this deal, Warner Bros. will publish Hitman: Definitive Edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, which will launch in retail stores on May 18.

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2018/04/hitman-definitive-edition-announced-for-ps4-xbox-one#GzsJ7WbYeGUdoE1Y.99

Sounds different.

A lot of the content wont be on the disc, itll be available as DLC

Also I hope this will be available Worldwide, or Amazon at least so I can get it shipped to the UK

Does this publishing and distribution deal mean that IO are no longer an independent studio, or is this just a one time deal with no long term contract? I can’t imagine they’ve given away the Hitman IP after getting it from SE.

Warner is just publishing the game. There are many midsize Indie studios with a publisher for their games. That’s my unterstanding.

Please don’t make the “extreme amount of different editions that almost no difference in them” (example)

MORE EDITIONS TO THE GOD OF EDITIONS

I get that they need money, but really? The complete first season, GOTY and now this?

I’ll still buy it anyway.

fucking silly

We are absolutely still an independent studio. We are working with Warner Bros. on the Definitive Edition so we can stay focused on development and remain independent.