Hitman Franchise After Hitman 3

Tommy Wiseau is actually starring in a whole new film Best F®iends if I recall.

1 Like

HITMAN 4 indeed!

Which will be the peak of this new-gen Hitman series, combining all the things they have learned from that “platform” concept into something greater and more stable hopefully :sweat_smile:

Also very important: i loved the HITMAN story and scenario, but the 4th game should come back to the roots with more intimate contracts (and less global stories) :+1:

2 Likes

I liked Absolution. But this isn’t the point. Its final cutscene may offer an interesting base for a new chapter, with 47 hunting Birdie while Faulkner hunts him (my doubt is that Faulkner is only a Chicago policeman, but I think it’s possible to invent something to make him more dangerous for 47, as for Albert Fournier).
This doesn’t mean that the game must be like Absolution. It could be different. But, according to me, it would be nice close that hole in Hitman story

1 Like

We need Absolution 2 to fresh path heck COD fan want Ghost 2 one of worst COD history. Hitman 4 is go back to asia full time

i would like to play some experimental spin off HITMAN game just like contracts

by the way
any new info about new IP?

Almost nothing: New IOI game speculation (SPOILERS)

I have a feeling they might put Hitman on hold efter HITMAN 3. IO did the same after Blood Money and we then had to wait to 2012 for Absolution. Hopefully the wait will never be that long again though.

After Blood Money I think you could sense that IO was tired after having developed Hitman in 2000, 2002, 2003 and 2006. They needed a break for Hitman, and I think this could might well be the case again this time.

5 Likes

After the huge storyline about 47’s past and the Not-Illuminati that went on for several games/seasons, I wouldn’t mind if the next would just be a bunch of random hits with not overarching story.

Just an interesting map, with interesting targets and lots of smaller stories happening during the missions itself.

6 Likes

An Elusive target for Birdie and the Cop is really just tying up a loose end. Easy enough.

1 Like

I’ve seen recent rumours (not confirmed sources) that Hitman 3 might be announced this year.

These new HITMAN games have been great. I liked the gameplay a lot. The story in season 1 was interesting enough, but I think it went downhill in HITMAN 2. Let’s end this arc once and for all. And then I hope they make what @Pitman says.

1 Like

Contracts 2 basically! This time without all the C47 reworks.

1 Like

pretty safe bet :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

No. There is simply no need for that. There can be only one correct way to handle Absolution’s plot - pretend like it didn’t happen or do not mention it at all. And thankfully IOI does just that. IMHO.

3 Likes

:joy:
20 LoL LOL lol lOls

Oh come on lol

Honestly, Absolution was my least favorite in the franchise as well. But I would still love to see Faulkner & Birdie as Targets at some point in the future, just to officially put Abs to rest. They could be elusive targets, special assignment contracts or Sniper Assassin Targets (so original voice actors for them two wouldn’t matter.)

3 Likes

I was actually thinking today about this. Maybe it’s my “fan” vision and therefore it’s not good for business (which is the main goal usually) but i think this kind of “World of Assassination” idea they’ve created has a lot more potential and possibilities than just 3 games. They have surprised us pleasantly with the weather changes in Haven Island and a lot of things like that can be implemented through work and time.

I wouldn’t mind a Hitman 4, Hitman 5, etc. haha But then again, seeing the selling numbers and how niche the game is becoming, i see future for IO but i don’t see too much future for this Hitman formula beyond Hitman 3.

1 Like

I’ve loved the new games a lot, but I hope they don’t extend the formula with a Hitman 4 and 5, etc. The Hitman game after the next should have a new engine, launcher and subtitle. A lot of the Hitman franchise has went for big strung together narratives, like the Franchise and Providence, but a more low stakes story with the levels strung together by some common theme like the Sarajevo Six Contracts would be preferable to constantly reinventing 47 and your perception of his past and character with each game. A Hitman set entirely in Europe where you just assassinate a group of criminals for a random client would be nice. Basically like Codename but without the twist that they created you. I believe taking Hitman out of America for a while would be nice, his roots are European and we’ve had two games (Blood Money and Absolution) that have taken place almost entirely in the USA

2 Likes

entirely in Europe sounds a bit boring. i don’t want any US locations, either, but places like Canada, Asia, Australia, Africa should be explored more as well.

6 Likes

Europe’s a big place. That already gives us the highlands of Scotland, the bustling city of London, France is self explanatory, going to a bullfighting arena in Spain, the tourist-y ruins of Rome, as well as Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands, the west of Russia and others.

1 Like

would love to see them make even just one standalone entry that strongly imitates the formula of SA and Contracts.

very unlikely, but it’s fun to imagine.

at least bringing back the old map system would be nice.

1 Like