• New entries added.

2024-02-21T08:00:00Z

• New entries added.

2024-02-13T08:00:00Z

• Various existing entries updated.

2024-01-29T08:00:00Z

• Updated this topic for Patch 3.170.1.

Description

• The following is an unofficial “Known Issues” list, which will be ongoing, as I will test and update the post after each patch is released.
  • Furthermore, I will also post each of the following entries to the Bug Report Thread and the official HITMAN 3 Player Support website.

Disclaimer

• All posted content is meant to be constructive, offering potential suggestions and visual references, no matter how small the details are.
  • I am NOT and will NOT be complaining, expecting, demanding, etc.

Related Topics
World of Assassination | Patch 3.170.1 | Guides and Walkthroughs
World of Assassination | Patch 3.170.1 | Bugs and Imperfections
World of Assassination | Patch 3.170.1 | Wishlists and Suggestions
Freelancer | Patch 3.170.1 | Wishlists and Suggestions

Other Topics
Hitman Forum | 2024 | Issues and Suggestions

Socials
Michael Gabriel H | YouTube

This potential bug occurs in Hitman Freelancer mode, causing NPCs to clip through certain doors.

This potential bug causes issues with the voices of specific NPCs.

This potential bug causes suppliers to glow orange like witnesses when using instinct.

This potential bug causes a supplier to use multiple lines of dialogue.

This potential bug causes pop-in issues for specific shadows.

This potential bug causes the zoom function of the suspect camera to fail.

This potential bug causes 47 to disappear while climbing a specific ladder.

This potential bug causes intercepted packages to serve as their detonators.

This potential bug causes NPCs to home in on 47’s distractions from hidden areas.

This potential bug causes one of the helicopters to have no audio.

This potential bug causes low-resolution outlines of chosen equipment.

This potential bug causes one specific vehicle to sound its horn over and over.

This potential bug causes an exit to become unresponsive.

This potential bug causes liquid sounds to remain active after cans are dropped.

This potential bug causes burned NPCs to appear unscathed after flames disappear.

This potential bug causes a screen stutter after completing stages.

This potential bug causes the Freelancer mode to be locked out.

This potential bug causes certain NPCs to float.

Additional examples here.

This potential bug causes an objective to fail when using looted items.

This potential bug causes the ICA Outstanding Service Coin to fail to appear.

This potential bug causes NPCs to ignore a placed briefcase.

This potential bug causes guard NPCs to react to the camera item like a firearm.

This potential bug causes confirmation text to fail to appear.

This potential bug causes the prestige objective for arranged meetings to fail to trigger for the first phone used.

This potential bug causes clipping issues when looting crates.

This potential bug causes a briefcase to clip through a fence.

This potential bug causes a card reader to have no sound effects.

This potential bug causes the Sieger 300 to use animations from larger rifles.

This potential bug causes certain tiles on the main menu to disappear.

• Noticed a potential bug causing assets to disappear in Freelancer mode. Furthermore, these instances seem connected to safe clues and their placement within the map.

• Noticed a potential bug causing the zoom effect to fail when opening loot crates.

• Noticed a potential bug causing accessories anchored to NPCs to float.

• Noticed a potential bug causing an NPC to have an invisible torso.

• Noticed a potential bug causing an issue with campaign failure where rather than a percentage of merces being taken, the amount exceeded the total merces held at the time.

• Noticed a potential bug causing multiple instances of an “error starting contract” popup.

• Noticed a potential bug causing a discrepancy in cost for taxi exits in Mumbai.

• Noticed a potential bug causing some UI overlap with the sprint icon when all other freelancer icons are visible.

• Noticed a potential bug making it still possible to be given a choice of impossible prestige objectives.

• Noticed a potential bug causing clipping issues for multiple items when inspecting them in the safe house.

• Noticed a potential bug causing discrepancies in the model sizes of some freelancer tools.

• Noticed a potential bug making it still possible to receive multiple kill objectives despite having a single target in showdowns.

• Noticed a potential bug causing suspects to keep items in hand and clipping their character models when distracted with arranged meeting traps during tells.

• Noticed a potential bug causing odd text characters for the target count of a freelancer contract.

• Noticed a potential bug causing missing scope textures for multiple sniper rifles when inspected at the safe house.

• Noticed a potential bug causing solid barrels for multiple pistols when inspected at the safe house.

• Noticed a potential bug causing seams in certain environmental effect textures.

• Noticed a potential bug causing multiple prestige objectives of the same categories to appear, despite the patch notes suggesting otherwise.

Prestige Objective Picks
    We’ve tweaked the logic of Prestige Objectives to ensure that you cannot get more than one from the same category (Silent Assassin, Timed, Multikill).

• Noticed a potential bug causing camera grids to clip through walls.

• Noticed a potential bug causing neck seams on certain NPCs.

• This issue seems to be more apparent amongst suspects and suppliers.

• A general issue in Freelancer is that some target NPCs will have dialogue without the proper mouth animations to go with it.
  • For example, when reacting to 47 bumping into them. While the dialogue triggers, their mouths remain shut.

• Another general issue in Freelancer is that some safehouse decorations will change themselves rather than preserve our selections.
  • Such changes occurred when exiting the game mode and loading back in.

• Another general issue in Freelancer is enforcers and non-enforcers alike seeing through walls/floors, having omniscient/telepathic communication amongst each other, and sped up suspicion meters (Distance from those spotting us doesn’t seem to slow things down either.).
  • These issues appear amplified in alerted territories. When we are spotted, the guard AI seems to go into a looped state for the entire map. If we take down guards that keep coming at us (Even with non-lethal methods.), more are drawn from all over the map as if somehow knowing our exact location. Guards seem to come in groups of three as well. I understand making things challenging, but setting off an entire map from something trivial like trespassing on one specific area (As just one example.) seems broken.

14 Likes

Bangkok just ridiciulus
They are have wall vision in the bathroom downstaires
Couple of seconds and all the npc was orange and blow my cover lol

1 Like

Just did Colorado where guards ignored weapons as well.

1 Like

In Mumbai if you walk down any of the streets that count as auto exits (as in you do not need to hold triangle to exit the stage) before eliminating all targets you will get the usual message asking if you’re sure you want to exit the level early and that it will alert the syndicate. However there will be no option to back out of it, you’re only allowed to hit okay and leave the level.

If you walk down one of those streets accidentally it essentially softlocks the level requiring you to either give up and prematurely leave or tab out of the game and start again.

4 Likes

There is an extra raider on Isle of Sgáil which does not have fixed routine, and will instead just stand in middle of doors, leading to Sophia’s treasure room.

Using remote explosive found on locations (such as car bombs or C4 explosives) will not count as remote explosive kill if you aim for that objective).
Once it happened to me that icon for Mercers stayed despite the fact that I’ve already picked them up.

6 Likes

Bugs

• Everytime I use the boat to drive to a mission, the game crashes. It happens with other vehicles sometimes, too, but with the boat it is guaranteed.

Just some random things I thought of

• It would be nice to be able to close the garage door. It feels a bit weird, that the house is in the woods, has a huge safety system with cameras and hidden doors, but the garage is always open.

• Same for the door of the wine fridge and the hidden door behind the garage and in the bedroom. Would be cool if we could open and close them manually.

• There are many things in the safehouse we can’t use, but we know that the animations are there. Especially in the gym, like the pull up bar or the weight bench. Also some armchairs or sofas can be used, others not and it’s not possible to sit or lay on the bed. Would be fun if these animations would be added, to give the safehouse a bit more “life” :relaxed:

17 Likes

Gaat het?

I had a guard spot me through a closed door while picking the lock. I believe it was Mumbai, the slums.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this bug happens to everyone or just specific PC users, but it does happen every time in my game:

In the Safehouse, when you interact with the “Decorate Kitchen” prompt you will be locked inside a state of not being able to interact with objects or use instinct. The camera will zoom in on you slightly when you press this button, the menu to decorate the kitchen does not open, and Instinct and interactions with the environment are disabled. The only way to get out of this is to press exit and return to the main menu.

2 Likes

Apparently the “can’t using instinct during decoration” happened because the prompt is overlapping each other. In this video I demonstrate that you cannot get very close to other prompt if you intent to decorate. First example show the effect if you’re too close with “pray” prompt & the second example show if you’re too close with explosive work table.

2 Likes

Here are some bugs I noticed:

• When a helicopter or boat is used to depart to a location, the helicopter or boat you have set for “decoration” in the safehouse will appear on top of the one you’re using during the cutscene.

• It’s possible to kill NPCs with Sieker / Kalmer pistol eliminations, I don’t think this is intentional.

• When an NPC collects a coin you can walk up to the NPC and take the coin back from them :thinking:

9 Likes

On the original Xbox One : Miami either crashes or can have intermittent heavy framerate issue (2 frame a second for a minute).

This happened everytime I played Miami for more than 5 minutes.

2 Likes

On PC when Diana’s mission debriefing dialogue ends, the screen flashes black.

I’ve had the “looped alert state” one a couple of times on different maps, not sure what circumstances make them shoot vs just crowding around waiting for you to get out of the box, but generally all it means is someone caught a glimpse of you getting into it.

3 Likes

Ok so there are some probably untested safehouse interactions - when standing in the kitchen, and just where You can start cleaning surface - if You’ve unlocked the ability to change the painting in the same place - once you activate instinct mode to redecorate (and if You’re in the area to activate surface cleaning), the engine will make both actions, meaning You will get frozen in a permanent state of redecoration, but You will be able to move around the house.
I can make a video if need be.

3 Likes

Also when You’re back from a mission, for some reason when 47 is holding a weapon, sometimes if You start shooting just when the safehouse instance loads, You will be stuck in a safehouse with a gun. attaching some screenshots for reference (sorry did not have enough brains to make a proper video in the meantime).

3 Likes

I can’t see what items I unlocked in the safehouse while wearing the Blue Flamingo outfit

:joy:

21 Likes

The “Open Safe - Explosive” prestige objective appears to not trigger if you obtain the safe combination before opening it up with an explosion.

5 Likes

Because the game consider the safe unlocked when you collect the clues, everytime you scan 3 clues you see the 100 safes challenge going forward, no need to open them

3 Likes

You can have 2 prestige objectives for same mission (maybe even 3):

1. Pick up prestige objective;
  2. Exit game;
  3. Load Freelancer;
  4. Add another prestige objective:
11 Likes

Demonstration of poison bug where the bottle is duplicated.

4 Likes

Does it still count? Might use it for money farming

1 Like