Freelancer | Patch 3.170.1 | Bugs and Imperfections

Where do you craft the fuse to a bomb?

One of the Mastery unlocks for the garage is a table where you can craft the bomb

1 Like

Yeah. I can’t pick up the fuse cell either. Then once I was able to pick it up, so I thought they patched and fixed it. I crafted a bomb and everything. Next time I went back, I could not pick it up again. I tried wearing different suits and having different items in my inventory but could not replicate whatever let me pick it up the one time.

1 Like

I’m mastery 52 or something. So which mastery is it and what table?

2 Likes

According to this redditor, it was Lvl 64. Looks like we’re not the only ones @Festus.

5 Likes

I suffer from the bug too but sometimes I don’t and I can pick up the fuse. But thanks for letting me know about what mastery level I need to be. So I’ll have to wait.

2 Likes

I actually feel it’s better to stay in the 3rd person view

Strongly disagree @47saso47 . It’s in first person so you can see your subject more clearly. Really, the problem is the goddamn circle in the middle of screen, not the camera perspective. I don’t think it adds to the immersion either, it takes away from it more than anything. A different perspective means you, as the player, can focus on using the camera for its intended purpose of spotting leaders and such, not on general Hitman gameplay you would otherwise be doing. Having 47 in the frame just doesn’t add anything but clutter.

I feel like people want it in third person because it looks cool and it’s not currently a thing you can do reliably in-game. Just because it looks cool and different doesn’t mean it’s actually good for gameplay.

3 Likes

Optional. Toggle. Everyone is happy. :grin:

4 Likes

A toggle-able option only makes sense if it has any real use. This…just doesn’t have a use-case where First person would be equivalent. I don’t think it makes it any easier to avoid people like lookouts, nor any easier to identify leaders (if anything it’ll be harder). A toggle just feels like a consolation prize, not a victory.

Not every idea is good, sturgeons law and all that.

1 Like

“There are people who find it interesting” feels like enough of a real use to me :thinking:

Of course it’s still more work for IOI and I don’t know how hard it would would be to actually add that option, but I wouldn’t dismiss the whole concept just because I wouldn’t use it :x

That redditor sure knows their Freelancer mastery track and seems to love spamming the thread about that level 64 thing… but they’re as clueless as anyone else about that bug, if not more. Reaching level 64 only unlocks the option for making bombs. You can pick up the fuse much earlier than that. And you can be affected by the bug much later than that. I’ve been level 100 for a while and I still can’t pick up the fuse most of the time. Some times the bug’s not there and I can pick up the fuse, but I don’t really know why.

5 Likes

Right?? By that logic, we shouldn’t be able to pick up the grape knife before we unlock the grapes, or the mushroom before we unlock the poison machine thingy.
(And before anyone points out that both can be used without interacting with another unlock or transforming them into something else: so can the fuse, just not on every map.)

“There are people who find it interesting” feels like enough of a real use to me :thinking:

No, not really? That sounds like a waste of resources and time tbh.

That’s not why I was dismissing it. I was dismissing the idea because it wouldn’t be any better than what it is currently, and if anything, would be actively worse for reasons I’ve already said. That’s the reason for my dismissal. It’s not personal, it’s all about the mechanics.

Well you think it would be worse and at least two people think it would be better. Having an option to switch between 1st and 3rd person for the phone would please everyone (because you, or other people who wouldn’t want to use that 3rd person mode, could simply not enable it). Like I don’t care about raytracing, VR or any of that stuff that I can’t enable anyway, but I do understand there are people who are interested in that, and IOI working towards that instead of fixing Freelancer bugs or bringing more H1 content to H3 like I’d want them to feels pretty normal. Pleasing at least part of your consumer base is hardly ever a waste of resources.

(You do realize that your first paragraph and your second one kinda contradict each other right? :x )

1 Like

Yeah, the only time I was able to pick it up was early on. Here’s hoping it’s fixed in the May update.

2 Likes

Failed a collateral firearm kill PE despite me getting a collareral kill with a firearm. I’ve done this objective the same way using the same weapon before, so why It didn’t work this time?

I apologize for the neanderthal videography but I don’t know how to upload clips recorded on an ps4

2 Likes

Having an option to switch between 1st and 3rd person for the phone would please everyone (because you, or other people who wouldn’t want to use that 3rd person mode, could simply not enable it).

Again, that just feels like a feature being added for the sakes of it, rather than because its useful.

I can still think that dedicating time to making it a feature is a waste of time, while also detailing why it’s a bad idea from a mechanics perspective.

That’s not contradictory in any sense of the word.

Pleasing at least part of your consumer base is hardly ever a waste of resources.

That depends on what people are asking for, and last I checked, this thread is the only place where a third person showdown camera has come up. Not every idea is good or worth following up on; heck most ideas are not worthy of following up on for various reasons, be it budgetary, time restricted, or straight-up not making any sense to implement.

1 Like

If they had VR for all platforms then it would make sense in a way since first person should be exclusive to VR to encourage people to buy.

1 Like

Server lag probably.

1 Like

I usually encounter the same thing, but often this objective is the least bad of three so I take it anyway if I have at least 4 targets. On my last run my first three double kills didn’t count but the fourth desperate attempt shooting in a crowd finally worked.
Now on showdown faced with a chose between Timed-Get disguises, Silent Assassin Suit Only and Silent Assassin No Firearms.
Going to go with the third since the suspect is dehydrated but it’s going to be a pain regardless. Only my second campaign within a hardcore run. Already failed five of those, one more frustrating than the other.
I don’t mind difficult but it has to stay fair. These collateral kills not registering are by far the biggest pain.

2 Likes

A really nitpicky imperfection, but an imperfection nonetheless:

When you grab the Fusil X2000 Stealth from the armory in Chongqing, it still has the marker for its gear capacity in your inventory. In the CTT, this was an item that could be stored in the safehouse but it was removed before the official launch this year. This marker is now irrelevant and should be removed.

Literally unplayable.

6 Likes