Testing for changes in newest patch. Will update ASAP
- Last Edited – May 5, 2023
Good evening 47…
The following will be an ongoing “wishlist” I would love to see. Furthermore, while this post will focus on Freelancer Mode, the entries listed might also be relevant to the main game.
- All posted content aims to be constructive, using ideas and visual references, no matter how small the details are. I will NOT be complaining, expecting, demanding, etc.
Hitman: Freelancer | Bugs & Imperfections | Patch 3.140
Hitman World of Assassination | Bugs & Imperfections | Patch 3.140
Hitman World of Assassination | Wishlist & Suggestions | Patch 3.140 -or- Here
Michael Gabriel H - YouTube
On to the list…
- I wish there were some fail safes in place for dealing with objects that get stuck in areas we are unable to reach.
Briefcases for example, which in freelancer often hold a valuable weapon might have to be left behind due to something like this. If nothing else, increasing the range from which we can interact with the briefcase and/or adding the appropriate physics so we could move it with gunshots would be just some ideas.
- I wish 47 was ambidextrous with all in-game items, so no matter what hand he uses we could use and throw applicable items without needing to change hands.
Briefcases for example, are held in 47’s left hand, but when we aim 47 has to switch hands before we are able to throw. This causes a noticeable delay which ends up feeling like input lag. If the need for changing hands was eliminated the delay wouldn’t exist and when we hit the input for aiming and throwing it would happen almost immediately from either hand.
The video below is from a previous post but has visual reference for the aforementioned delay, when throwing briefcases.
- I wish all sniper rifle scopes would have a toggleable suspect camera feature.
- With the push of a specific button we could go from suspect camera info to regular sniper scope view as we please. Thus allowing us to mark suspects from greater distances when we choose, but also being able to revert to unobstructed scope use as well.
- I wish completing each stage of a campaign didn’t clear out our inventory.
- When grinding campaigns for instance, it would be nice to just move along with the same equipment loadout (If we wanted to.) instead of having to re-equip what we want after each showdown. Make it optional. Disabling this automated behavior and adding a “drop all inventory” feature could be one solution.
- I wish, during showdowns, pressing the notebook prompt (Different input for each platform.) open to the Intel tab and default to the first trait of leaders so we can reference those details much easier.
As things are sometimes the intel tab will be defaulted to, but the highlight will be the last tile of the sub menus in the intel tab itself.
I wish IO would make several adjustments so freelancer was less of a fun killing grind in certain respects.
Hitman Freelancer: All Challenges and Achievements Unlock Guide (Tips, Secrets, Watch Before Grind!) – Crimson Games YouTube
What if campaigns were divided into three stages instead of four. Thus, representing and delivering the Casual, Professional and Master difficulties (Stage 1 Casual, Stage 2 Professional, Stage 3 Master.). Normal mode could have the aforementioned progression (Casual to Professional to Master) while hardcore mode could be “master” across all 3 stages. Also, what about having four steps for each of the three stages (3 regular missions and 1 showdown = 4 substages.). The random alerted location mechanic could remain in use so that when moving to the second stage one location of the four available would be alerted and then for the third stage two locations would be alerted. Furthermore, to help with relevant challenges, perhaps stage 1 could have 1-2 targets per location and stage 2 could have 2-3 and stage 3 could have 3-4.
Speaking of challenges, how about reducing some of these grind-fest requirements. Like 1000 members instead of 2500 for “GOAT”, 100 leaders instead of 500 for “Employee of the Year”, 10 campaigns instead of 50 for “Slow but Steady” and 50 campaigns instead of 100 for “Top Dog”. If nothing else, perhaps some proper rewards for such challenges.
All of these suggestions come to mind after well over a month of grinding this mode and still having a longer grind ahead. I obtained all safehouse items, reached mastery 100 and have completed all challenges except 4. Yet, I have only done 36 campaigns, eliminated 1600 or so members, 200 or so leaders. Seeing as these challenges require the most grinding and reward us with nothing but a small chunk of xp toward our online profile, perhaps some rebalancing could alleviate the overwhelming grind and make it feel less like a painstaking tedious chore just to 100%.
- I wish all exits, for all locations, were available without extra steps needed (Disguise, special items like tools and coins, etc.).
- I wish the picture-in-picture frame was intelligent enough to anchor itself lower so as not to obstruct objectives as is the case right now.
- For those who have objectives turned off (If that’s a thing.) then it would make sense for the frame to be top left. But as things are right now, it covers up the information we have in that corner of the screen.
- I wish IO would implement options for long range poison effects on targets.
- Imagine if we had the special ammunition mechanic from the sniper assassin game mode, but it was applied to sniper rifles across the entire game and its different modes. In this case the special ammo itself could be emetic, lethal and sedative rounds. Perhaps even some challenges to increase the amount of rounds of each kind, etc.
- I wish, as another option for spending hard earned merces, we could purchase permanent start points for each location.
- So the longer we spend in freelancer, the more control and freedom we have because of the time and effort we put in.
- I wish we could use the toggle option for sprinting and precision aiming without input conflict.
Perhaps if the game itself could recognize when the input is used for aiming so it wouldn’t toggle off the sprinting as we see with a sniper rifle in the video below.
I wish we had more areas to dispose of bodies. Like in Paris, in the lower level sewer like area with access to the barge and sniper tower.
I wish we had legendary assault rifles and smgs (Not counting themed weapons.), as they are the only weapon types missing a legendary tier unlock.
- I wish, when inspecting items and weapons, there was an input to reset the item’s position. Perhaps a click of the right joystick (On consoles at least.).
Minimal QoL feature to be sure, but still.
I wish the supply crate would give us Merces, if we already have all the items the crate offers.
The video below is related to a bug posted elsewhere, but offers visual reference for the wishlist idea above.
- I wish, when using the suspect camera, the flash effect would remain in the shot so we could better observe targets we find in darker areas.
- I wish there was a single input function for us to drop all items we have on us at once, should we want to “clean slate” our approach or perhaps go without equipment for extra challenge, etc. This would avoid the tedium of scrolling and dropping each individual item. A bulk drop feature so to speak.
- I wish we could interrupt suppliers’ dialogue, when greeting us, so we could enter their “shop” asap instead of having to wait until they finish speaking. Furthermore, it would be great if they didn’t greet us every time we approach them. Once feels like enough.
- I wish emetic poison like from dart guns would still kick in even after an NPC was panicked.
- Perhaps once returning to an un-alerted state, they “remember” they were poisoned. Instead of the alert voiding the poison as it currently does.
- I wish there were legendary versions, of every main archetype of tool and weapon, and that those versions required a single gear slot as others seem to so that if one were so inclined we could take one of everything with us on missions once reached a maxed out gear capacity.
- Overpowered sure, but that’s why it would be optional.
- I wish there was a feature for marking waypoints on the map (Wherever the cursor is, map icons like targets or suspects, couriers, suppliers, etc.), and a corresponding arrow-like element in the minimap so we don’t have to keep going back to the map to make sure we are still headed the right direction.
- As a QoL improvement it should go without saying that ideally we could mark anything on the map as a waypoint.
- I wish suppliers would offer ammunition and single use item (e.g. explosives, poisons, etc.) refills, at a price, for all weapons/items we bring on missions and even those we find during missions.
Furthermore, I wish suppliers would restock instantly or perhaps with a short cooldown. Therefore, if players have enough money they could purchase what they need to work on challenges and objectives with more freedom within each mission.
Hitman: Freelancer | Bugs & Imperfections | Patch 3.140 - #57 by Arthur_Dohler
- I wish the exit scenes with vehicles would acknowledge the customized choices that we make. So, when we take a helicopter, boat, motorcycle or car, it’s the one we have selected at the safehouse.
- Seems like IO went for a random roll of what 47 takes to leave which I’m sure was intended to combat repetition but has led to some clipping issues with boats and helicopters alike.
- I wish there was a way for us to take our weapons from our safe house with the maximum amount of ammunition.
- Perhaps some kind of perk as part of a challenge we could complete or for reaching a certain level of mastery, etc. To take it a step further, it would be fantastic if this also applied to the main game itself so whenever we play missions, escalations, contracts and so on, we would then also have the benefit of starting with full ammunition.
- I wish there was a way to reveal all crate locations dynamically as we go on missions.
- Perhaps as another perk for reaching certain mastery and/or challenge completion.
- I wish, when bringing already owned items back to the safehouse, the duplicates would convert to Merces.
- I wish the suspect camera was even more dynamic in that when we scan and or take a picture of a suspect, the intel boxes would change (Red Xs or green checkmarks.) depending on what criteria the NPC in view fits. This would be ongoing too as we observe the same suspect more than once their “suspect profile” in the camera would dynamically change.
Perhaps a camera upgrade rewarded for certain mastery levels and/or challenges.
Let us scan suspects for the character descriptions not the tells
- I wish the main map and minimap would give us more tooltip info when hovering suspects and targets alike.
Like whether we have knocked them unconscious, if they are a witness, we have hidden the body, etc.
Furthermore, as suggested by Profile - Franz - Hitman Forum, methods for marking targets as non-suspects, prime suspects and so on in the main map could be a convenient improvement as well.
Hitman: Freelancer | Bugs & Imperfections | Patch 3.140 - #399 by Franz
- I wish we had more options and opportunities to use Merces in practical and beneficial ways the further along we get in freelancer.
- Seems like wasted potential to just have excess currency we can’t do anything with (Other than potentially lose if we fail missions.). Hopefully there is a plan over at IO, but some ideas would be potential upgrades (Applying to freelancer and the entirety of the core game as well.). Starting missions with full ammo for all carried weapons, trespassing zone indicators on the minimap, choosing start locations for contract maps, weapon upgrades and customizations (e.g. Silverballer with an extended mag, silencer and long barrel.), etc. These features would be great as standard settings options, but I could see some requiring a bit of effort too if they were implemented as rewards for in-game activity (Just so it doesn’t feel too easy.). The main takeaway is to have things to still work toward and come back to freelancer and benefit across all modes of the game.
- I wish, while in Hokkaido (Other locations too, perhaps.), explosives would work as alternative means to enter certain doors. Perhaps damaging the card readers and having a short circuit animation before the door opens and remains open, like when using crowbars and breaching charges etc.
This for sure embraces the “shoot it until it works” video game and movie logic, but given that it is indeed a game such an option could be fun to have.
- I wish, at least for the standard mode (Perhaps not hardcore.), that single use freelancer tools (Poisons, explosives, etc.) would be replenished when returning to the safehouse after successful missions.
- I wish the standard and collector’s coins, as well as single use items and weapons (e.g. Electronic key hackers, shurikens, etc.), all came in threes as we have in the main game.
- A single coin feels over restricted given that later missions have several targets, plus one mistake like throwing the coin and having it bounce and land somewhere unreachable means we lose it (Unless we want to spend 20 minutes attempting to shoot it somewhere reachable.). Furthermore, with the coins as long as we leave with at least one when we return to the safehouse all three could be replenished.
- I wish there was one less step in launching freelancer mode (From the featured tab as well as the game mode tab.), so that when we select it from the main menu we would be taken right to the “objectives” mission screen.”
Consolidating both screens could be one potential solution to streamline the user experience.
Hitman: Freelancer | Bugs & Imperfections | Patch 3.140 - #59 by Simski
I wish suppliers, on all maps, were located in non-trespassing areas (No matter the disguise we wear.).
- I wish standard and prestige objectives wouldn’t contradict/conflict each other so we would have more opportunities to complete all objectives.
- For example, having a standard objective requiring a sniper rifle kill and then having a prestige objective for a katana kill. It’s worth mentioning, the game itself will warn us (Red ! on the prompt.) before leaving on a mission if we are holding two large weapons. Though since it allows us to do so when we spawn we will be spotted before we even gain control of 47. I would imagine one solution could be for the game to store the second large item somewhere on the map like “pick-ups” in the main game. Which we can then retrieve at our leisure. Or perhaps when the game recognizes we are holding two large weapons our spawn location on the map is one of the secluded ones that would allow us time to drop one weapon and come back for it later. Or, if nothing else perhaps just a confirmation prompt when we attempt to start missions while holding two large weapons that explains we will spawn in with one of them visible so it’s not a great idea.
- I wish all the new items introduced with the Freelancer game mode were also unlocked for the main game. Likewise, vice versa for all unlocked items in the main game having freelancer mode counterparts.
- Some examples would be the Assassin’s HWK21 Covert pistol, ICA Impact Explosive, Antique Sedative Syringe, Eiffel Tower Knife, etc. Now, since the amount of gear could be overwhelming perhaps implementing a sort of “choose variant” feature would help. Like when we select a weapon, if it has variants we have obtained, an additional step is added for us to select the version of that weapon we want before 47 then takes it from the wall. Furthermore, instead of the wall version just defaulting to whatever variant perhaps it “remembers” the last used variant for each applicable item in the display cases.
- I wish the “collector’s” variants of items would persist through failures and/or deaths. Also, perhaps collector’s versions could have some visual distinction from the standard counterparts (Golden skins perhaps?) and their gear capacity could be less than their normal counterparts. Furthermore, I wish that there was a collector’s version for all main tools/gear/weapons and that the single use ones (e.g. explosives, card hackers, poisons, etc.) would be replenished when returning to the safehouse after missions (Succeeded or failed.). Plus, it would be great if all collector’s versions of items would be legendary (Legendary aesthetic, 1 gear capacity, etc.) to go along with setting them apart from standard counterparts and could have their own wall section in the safehouse just for collector’s items.
Given the high price point in-game, these items just don’t feel worth it for the minimal benefit gained.
- I wish there was an optional feature for the minimap to show trespassing zones (Perhaps in red.), that change depending on current disguises worn.
- I wish there was an option to spawn at the mission selection table each time we load into the freelancer game mode. This, instead of the random spawn location we can start in.
- This allows us to get right to campaigning without having to spend time getting back downstairs through the safehouse.
- I wish all time related prestige objectives, as well as target related standard objectives (e.g. “Perfect Shot”.), would be considered complete and unfailable as soon as the last target is eliminated.
This would allow us a bit more freedom to explore without these restrictions (Visit suppliers, open safes, etc.), should we choose to, before returning to the safehouse. Some prestiges do complete after all targets are eliminated, but others do not (e.g. “Timed - Hide and Seek”, “Timed - Disguises”, etc.).
- I wish 47 would pick briefcases back up for all interactions. He does for several, but some still force us to do so ourselves afterward.
An example is the server rack in the vault. During the main game because the rack can be taken it makes sense for 47 to drop the briefcase. But, in freelancer, we can’t take the rack so 47 should just pick up the briefcase after we interact with the rack. As he does in other instances where he sets briefcases down to interact with things.
- I wish we weren’t limited to just two maximum purchases at suppliers because of the limitation with large weapons being stored on our person.
Perhaps some kind of safekeeping or courier solution (Suppliers exercising smuggling muscles.). So, for example, we could purchase all the items we want and then whatever we can’t hold rather than being left behind and having wasted merces on them the suppliers could hold onto them and once we complete the mission those purchase items appear in the safehouse. Thus still making it possible to have the risk of losing said items should we fail and or die. If not this then perhaps a warning prompt about purchasing more than two large items.
Blood Money style extraction crates
- I wish the item wheel would default to large and or illegal items when using the prompt to conceal things in briefcases. Instead of the random selection that seems to happen.
- Small QoL improvement, but still. Defaulting to the sniper rifle I have equipped instead of a random crowbar or apple would save some steps considering how cluttered the wheel can get when hoarding.
- I wish the “Time - Hide and Seek” prestige objective included all hiding spots, like bushes, etc.
- I wish we could select briefcases when picking up items that require them in the safehouse.
Perhaps when selecting such an item, a prompt would appear for us to choose a briefcase and once selected the item would be concealed and the briefcase would be in hand. Then, if dropped it would behave like other items and return the concealed weapon to the walls.
Hypothetical "Briefcase Room"