Freelancer | Patch 3.170.1 | Wishlists and Suggestions

Last Edited - 2024-01-29T08:00:00Z

Changelog

2024-01-29T08:00:00Z

• Updated this topic for Patch 3.170.1.

Description

• The following is an unofficial “Wishlist” of content, features, and improvements I would love to see added to Freelancer as well as the main game. It will be an ongoing effort, as I will test and update the list after each patch is released.

Disclaimer

• All posted content is meant to be constructive, offering potential suggestions and visual references, no matter how small the details are.
  • I am NOT and will NOT be complaining, expecting, demanding, etc.

Related Topics
World of Assassination | Patch 3.170.1 | Guides and Walkthroughs
World of Assassination | Patch 3.170.1 | Bugs and Imperfections
World of Assassination | Patch 3.170.1 | Wishlists and Suggestions
Freelancer | Patch 3.170.1 | Bugs and Imperfections

Other Topics
Hitman Forum | 2024 | Issues and Suggestions

Socials
Michael Gabriel H | YouTube

I wish the ‘notebook’ input would open the first tile of the Intel tab for quick detail reference on leaders.

I wish assault rifles and smgs had obtainable legendaries like the other weapon variations.

I wish Collector’s items and weapons had lower gear counts and persisted through failures.

I wish suppliers on all maps were located in non-trespassing.

Additional examples here.

• I wish there was one less step in launching Freelancer mode (From the featured tab as well as the game mode tab.) so that when we select it from the main menu, we would be taken right to the "objectives” mission screen.
  • I wish items obtained from suspects and targets had proper titles.

As things are, such items are titled “intercepted package” rather than a title that conveys what the item is. Perhaps tweaking such titles to include the term “intercepted” along with the item name (e.g. Intercepted Poison Vial, Intercepted Explosive, etc.)?

• I wish IO would make several adjustments so Freelancer was less of a grind in certain respects.

• What if campaigns were divided into three stages instead of four? Thus, representing and delivering the Casual, Professional, and Master difficulties (Stage 1 Casual, Stage 2 Professional, Stage 3 Master.). The normal mode could have the aforementioned progression (Casual to Professional to Master) while the hardcore mode could be “master” across all 3 stages. Also, what about having four steps for each of the three stages (3 regular missions and 1 showdown = 4 substages.)? The random alerted location mechanic could remain in use, so that when moving to the second stage, one location of the four available would be alerted, and then for the third stage two locations would be alerted, etc. Furthermore, to help with relevant challenges, perhaps stage 1 could have 1-2 targets per location and stage 2 could have 2-3 and stage 3 could have 3-4.

• Speaking of challenges, what about reducing some of these requirements? Like 1500 members instead of 2500 for “GOAT”, 250 leaders instead of 500 for “Employee of the Year”, 10 campaigns instead of 50 for “Slow but Steady” and 50 campaigns instead of 100 for “Top Dog”. If nothing else, perhaps some proper rewards for such challenges given the amount of grinding involved.

All of these suggestions come to mind after well over a month of grinding this mode and still having a long grind ahead. I obtained all safehouse items, reached Mastery 100, and completed all challenges except 4. Even so, I have 36 campaigns completed, eliminated 1600 or so members, 200 or so leaders, etc. Since these challenges require the most grinding and reward us with just a small chunk of xp toward our online profile, perhaps some rebalancing could alleviate the overwhelming grind and make it feel less like a painstaking tedious chore just to 100%.

Honorable Mentions
    Hitman Freelancer: All Challenges and Achievements Unlock Guide (Tips, Secrets, Watch Before Grind!) - Crimson Games YouTube

• I wish the new “Prestige” feature were more robust, beneficial, and less of a grind/time sink.
  • What if there was a progression to each stage as we increase our prestige level, each offering more benefits and reasons to push further?

Prestige 1
    • Gain: +60% reward XP and Merces for each contract.
    • Gain: +1 additional gear slot.

• Lose: One-time loss of 50% current total Merces.
    • Lose: One-time reset of all obtained gear and freelancer tools.
    Prestige 2
    • Gain: +70% reward XP and Merces for each contract.

• Lose: One-time loss of 40% of current total Merces.
    • Lose: One-time reset of all obtained gear and freelancer tools (Excluding Collector’s items and thematic sets.), above the “Common” Tier.
    Prestige 3
    • Gain: +80% reward XP and Merces for each contract.

• Lose: One-time loss of 30% of current total Merces.
    • Lose: One-time reset of all obtained gear and freelancer tools (Excluding Collector’s items and thematic sets.), above the “Rare” Tier.
    Prestige 4
    • Gain: +90% reward XP and Merces for each contract.

• Lose: One-time loss of 20% of current total Merces.
    • Lose: One-time reset of all obtained gear and freelancer tools (Excluding Collector’s items and thematic sets.), above the “Epic” Tier.
    Prestige 5
    • Gain: +100% reward XP and Merces for each contract.

• Lose: One-time loss of 10% of current total Merces.
    • Lose: One-time reset of all obtained Legendary gear and freelancer tools.
    Prestige 6
    • Gain: +110% reward XP and Merces for each contract.

• Lose: One-time loss of 9% of current total Merces.
    • Lose: One-time reset of all obtained Legendary gear (Excluding Collector’s items, thematic sets, and freelancer tools.), except the Melee wall.
    Prestige 7
    • Gain: +120% reward XP and Merces for each contract.

• Lose: One-time loss of 8% of current total Merces.
    • Lose: One-time reset of all obtained Legendary gear (Excluding Collector’s items, thematic sets, and freelancer tools.), except the Melee and Pistol walls.
    Prestige 8
    • Gain: +130% reward XP and Merces for each contract.

• Lose: One-time loss of 7% of current total Merces.
    • Lose: One-time reset of all obtained Legendary gear (Excluding Collector’s items, thematic sets, and freelancer tools.), except the Melee, Pistol, and SMG walls.
    Prestige 9
    • Gain: +140% reward XP and Merces for each contract.

• Lose: One-time loss of 6% of current total Merces.
    • Lose: One-time reset of all obtained Legendary gear (Excluding Collector’s items, thematic sets, and freelancer tools.), except the Melee, Pistol, SMG, and Shotgun walls.
    Prestige 10
    • Gain: +150% reward XP and Merces for each contract.

• Lose: One-time loss of 5% of current total Merces.
    • Lose: One-time reset of all obtained Legendary gear (Excluding Collector’s items, thematic sets, and freelancer tools.), except the Melee, Pistol, SMG, Shotgun, and Assault Rifle walls.
    Prestige 10+
    • After reaching Prestige 10, the prestige level will no longer increase, but users will now have the option (When interacting with the Prestige laptop.) to choose a “reset” behavior from all previous stages at their leisure. Thus, allowing them to reset to the degree of their choice. Full, partial, etc.

• I wish there was some background logic for prestige and standard objectives to ensure that, during showdowns, we never receive more than one kill-related objective, thus giving us the best chance to complete all of them.
  • As things are, it is possible to have multiple kill objectives despite having a single target to count toward them during showdowns.

• I wish there was some sort of indicator (Icon or badge interface element?) visible on items and gear we collect throughout maps, during campaigns, that would let us know if we have obtained an item and have it at the safe house.
  • This would allow us to better manage our inventories before exiting missions, as we would be able to tell what is worth bringing back with us.

• I wish supplier’s shops had some background logic which would acknowledge the amount of merces we have and therefore offer items we can afford before offering ones we can’t.
  • Furthermore, with the existence of the Prestige feature, it would be great if suppliers offered items required for prestige resets before those that are not required.

• I wish we also had legendary versions of every main archetype of tools and weapons, and that those versions required a single gear slot. This way, if one were so inclined, we could take one of just about every item type with us on missions once we reached a maxed-out gear capacity. Full walking arsenal ready for the unpredictable nature of Freelancer.

• I wish we could unlock access to some form of “hidden stash” feature in campaign contracts.

• What if freelancer contracts had a “Mastery” form of progression allowing for more control and creative options over time?

• I wish there was an on-screen counter that would trigger when in close range of a safe and allow us to track the number of clues still required to open said safe.

• I wish suppliers would have standard offerings that were available at all times regardless of the shifting unlockable items we obtain from them.

• What if suppliers had things like ammunition, single-use gear, and so on available separate from the one-time purchase unlockables?

• I wish our progress in campaigns both on hardcore and normal difficulties were preserved independently of one another.
  • What if we could toggle between them at our leisure without the reset of tools and such?

• I wish a reroll feature was implemented (And at a reasonable price so as not to become another time and merces sink.) for specific aspects of Freelancer, like for re-rolling maps offered in contracts, prestige objectives, etc.

• I wish small items would take up zero gear slots or just one slot at the most.

• What if bananas, coins, and the like didn’t add to the gear count and could be carried in addition to our load-outs?

• I wish, when inspecting items and weapons, there was an input to reset the item position. Perhaps a click of the right joystick (On consoles at least.).
  • Minimal QoL feature to be sure, but still.

• I wish the supply crate in the safehouse would give us Merces if we already have all the items the crate offers.

• I wish all sniper rifle scopes had a toggleable suspect camera (Viewfinder) feature.

• What if it functioned as the suspect camera does now, but allowed us to observe and tag suspects at much greater distances?

• I wish completing stages of a campaign didn’t auto-drop our carried items.
  • What if it was optional, so we could go right into another campaign with the same gear if we wanted to?

• Furthermore, what if we had a ‘drop all’ feature in the item wheel, allowing each individual to decide whether to swap certain items or dump them all for a clean slate?

• I wish all exits, for all locations, were available without extra steps needed (Disguises, special items like tools and coins, etc.).

• I wish the picture-in-picture frame was intelligent enough to anchor itself lower so as not to obstruct objectives when visible.

• For those who have objectives turned off (If that’s a thing.), then it would make sense for the frame to be at the top left. But as things are right now, it covers up the information we have in that corner of the screen.

• I wish, as another option for spending hard-earned merces, we could purchase permanent start points for each location.
  • So the longer we spend in Freelancer, the more control and freedom we have because of the time and effort we put in.

• I wish, when using the suspect camera, the flash effect would remain in the shot so we could better observe targets we find in darker areas.

• I wish we could interrupt suppliers’ dialogue when greeting us, so we could enter their “shop” asap instead of having to wait until they finish speaking.

• Furthermore, it would be great if they didn’t greet us every time we approached them. Once per run feels like enough.

• I wish all poisons (Emetic and Sedative variants.) would still kick in even after an NPC was panicked.
  • Perhaps once returning to an un-alerted state, they ‘remember’ they were poisoned. Instead of the alert voiding the poison as it currently does.

• I wish suppliers would offer ammunition and single-use item (e.g. explosives, poisons, etc.) refills, for all weapons/items we bring on missions and even those we find during missions.
  • I wish there was a way for us to take our weapons from our safe house with the maximum amount of ammunition.
  • Perhaps some kind of perk as part of a challenge we could complete or for reaching a certain level of mastery, etc. To take it a step further, it would be fantastic if this also applied to the main game itself so that whenever we play missions, escalations, contracts, and so on, we would then also have the benefit of starting with max ammunition.

• I wish there was a way to reveal all crate locations dynamically as we go on missions and progress through Freelancer.
  • Perhaps as another perk for reaching certain mastery and/or challenge completion.

• I wish when bringing already owned items back to the safe house, such duplicates would convert to Merces.

• I wish the suspect camera was even more dynamic in that when we scan and or take a picture of a suspect, the intel boxes would change (Red Xs or green checkmarks.) depending on what criteria the NPC in view fits. This would be ongoing too as we observe the same suspect more than once their “suspect profile” in the camera would dynamically change.

• I wish the main map and minimap would give us more tooltip info when hovering over suspects and targets alike.
  • I wish we had more options and opportunities to use Merces in practical and beneficial ways the further along we get in Freelancer.
  • What about potential upgrades (Applying to Freelancer and the entirety of the main game as well.), like starting missions with full ammo for all carried weapons, trespassing zone indicators on the minimap, choosing start locations for contract maps, weapon upgrades, and customizations (e.g. Silverballer with an extended mag, silencer, and long barrel.), etc. These features would be great as standard settings options, but I could see some requiring a bit of effort too if they were implemented as rewards for in-game activity (Just so it doesn’t feel too easy.). The main takeaway is to have things to still work toward and come back to Freelancer and benefit across all modes of the game.

• I wish, at least for normal mode (Perhaps not hardcore.), that single-use Freelancer tools (Poisons, explosives, etc.) would be replenished when returning to the safehouse after successful missions.

• I wish the standard and collector’s coins, as well as single-use items and weapons (e.g. Electronic key hackers, shurikens, etc.), all came in threes as we have in the main game.

• A single coin feels over-restricted given that later missions have several targets, plus one mistake like throwing the coin and having it bounce and land somewhere unreachable means we lose it (Unless we want to spend 20 minutes attempting to shoot it somewhere reachable.).

• Furthermore, with such items, as long as we leave with at least one when we return to the safehouse all three could be replenished, like darts for poison pistols.

• I wish all the new items introduced with the Freelancer game mode were also unlocked for the main game, and vice versa for all unlocked items in the main game having Freelancer mode counterparts.
  • Some examples would be the Assassin’s HWK21 Covert pistol, ICA Impact Explosive, Antique Sedative Syringe, Eiffel Tower Knife, etc. Now, since the amount of gear could get massive, perhaps implementing a sort of “choose variant” feature would help. Like, when we select a weapon, if it has variants we have obtained, an additional step is added for us to select the version of that weapon/item we want before 47 takes it from the wall.

• Furthermore, instead of the wall version just defaulting to whatever variant perhaps it “remembers” the last used variant for each applicable item in the display cases.

• I wish there was an option to spawn at the mission selection table each time we load into the Freelancer from the main menu, instead of the random spawn location that happens.
  • This would allow us to get right to campaigning without having to spend time getting back downstairs through the safe house. Exploring the safehouse grounds would then become optional so each individual could decide to do so or not.

• I wish we weren’t limited to just two maximum purchases at suppliers because of the limitation with large weapons being stored on our person.
  • Perhaps some kind of safekeeping or courier solution (Suppliers exercising their smuggling talents.). So, for example, we could purchase all the items we want and then whatever we can’t hold rather than being left behind and having wasted merces on them the suppliers could hold onto them, and once we complete the mission those purchased items appear in the safe house. Thus still making it possible to have the risk of losing said items should we fail and or die.