HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition on GOG

Not really got much to add to the eloquently expressed sentiments already posted in this thread (especially by @Dribbleondo and @Hardware), but just wanted to add my voice to the growing chorus that IMO if a ‘proper’, fully-functioned Offline mode isn’t added into whatever the final state of HITMAN 3* ends up being, then I will feel betrayed and let down by IOI and it will affect my decision-making when deciding whether to buy IOI games in the future. The WoA trilogy is such an absolute masterpiece of a game that it will be a travesty if steps aren’t taken to preserve it in its entirety beyond the finite lifespan of IOI’s HITMAN servers. This release of HITMAN on GOG doesn’t seem to be pointing at the future we want to see, so please take note of this feedback, IOI, and don’t ruin your relationship with players who love your game: there’s still time to do the right thing, but this isn’t an encouraging sign…

*I’d prefer all three standalone executables of HITMAN, HITMAN 2 and HITMAN 3 to get the much-wanted Offline patch, but if push came to shove I could live with only H3 getting the Offline overhaul, since H1 and H2 can be played in the H3 launcher (and are probably at their best there).

14 Likes