Hitman Legacy Pack - XBox One - still not working Dec 30 2018

I might be a little late to the party, but I finally got it to work on Xbox One after stewing about it for months. Here’s what I did, if it helps anyone:

I own H1 digital (all seven episodes, no GOTY). H2 on disc. Everything installed. Kept getting the “Legacy Pack not available” message on the Store page.

1. Go to the Store and download the free H2 Starter Pack (even though you already have H2 installed).
  2. Fire up H1, go to the Legacy Pack icon and click it to get the “not available” Store page.
  3. Search for Hitman Legacy (I think you have to do it from that page) and find it in the listings, you should see it for $39.99 at 100% Off.
  4. Download, it’s now available in the H2 menu.
1 Like

Thanks. I tried this step by step all the way up to step 3. But it just says unavailable. Still based on the results. One result has a cost but no option or 100% off on it. Did i miss something?
Do i neednthe full H1 game installed (with all maps)?

I tried again… i have all the maps , patience zero and all the things of goty upgrade but if i follow your solution, when i go in the store and i look for legacy pack it’s still unavailable , everything is unavailable …
I sent to warner bros and IOI support requests 2 weeks ago, IOI didn’t reply, warner bros don’t solve this problem , they suggest the same things of this page ! I called microsoft and they say that the free legacy pack is not in their store so that’s why these packs are unavailable … the only way to obtain those is by the hands of the developers that are doing like Ponzio Pilato in the bible ! They are washing their hands !!
I sent to warner bros some pictures of my console with everything installed and pictures of the store showing the problem but it seems like they don’t believe me! It’s incredible! I spent too much time on this! I feel mocked!

Yes you need H1 including all the maps + bonus missions, I will give what @Keller suggested but I’m not holding my breath, I’ve tried everything so far and it’s literally pushed me away from the game not being able to get it, I’m playing skate 3 at the moment as that’s only £3 :joy: and waiting for Mortal Kombat 11

Just tried it and as usual no luck, it’s getting beyond a joke now, I re bought Hitman 1 just so I could play it through hitman 2 but obviously not! Not happy! :rage: @Travis_IOI any updates? Anything?

I’ve attached a photo which will hopefully clear everything up. When I search for 'Hitman Legacy’s (I’m using the Xbox phone app) I got three main options, Hitman GOTY Legacy Pack, Hitman GOTY Legacy Pack Upgrade and Hitman Legacy Park. It’s the latter, the one with colour that you want. If it says it costs money to get it, you’re on the right lines at least -

Proof that I got it to work too -

This is all I get when I use the xbox app, and when I click it nothing happens, there’s literally nothing I haven’t tried.

It’s finally worked for me!!!

I am so happy, I thought to myself I’ll load up hitman 1 and follow the steps that I’ve done about 20 times before and YES it’s finally worked

1 Like

Nothing changed for me … no words… my money have the same value of others …

I feel your pain, I don’t know why now it’s decided to let me do it, I didn’t do anything different to what I tried before, I just left the game for a week and came back, loaded up H1, clicked the redeem legacy thing and there it waa

Looks like they fixed it after the March 25 patch.
This used to be unavailable for me. I tried all of the previous fixes and nothing.

These are tue conditions i habe now:
H2 complete installed
H1 prologue installed( i own the rest but its not installed even)
Launched H1 and went to store and selected legacy pack (not GOTY)

Thats it! I did it this way before but nothing. Now its there! I’m so glad!

1 Like

Downloadibg now! Woohooo!

Is everyone having success after this new update? I’ve updated H2 and downloaded the new sniper map and I’ve tried all of the previously mentioned methods. I’ve started up H1 and H2 and navigated to the Microsoft store through both and tried going straight to the store and searched for the legacy pack and I’m still getting the unavailable notice. The only result I get is going through H2 and it brings me to the GOTY Legacy pack pack and it offers it to me for $20, despite owning H1 definitive and H2 Gold.

Please, may the Danish gods have mercy on my Xbox’s soul and please can someone let me know if there is something else I can try.

I’ve got an update on the redemption of the Legacy Pack on Xbox One.

Players who first downloaded HITMAN through the FREE Starter Pack have been encountering issues redeeming the Legacy Pack. This was because the store was checking that you owned the default base game, which you technically didn’t as a Starter Pack user. Now, the store will check for ether the default base game or the free Starter Pack.

We worked together with Microsoft to make these changes. I’d encourage anyone who has had issues in the recent past to give their console a restart and attempt the redemption steps again.

Thanks for your patience on this one.

4 Likes

Great news!
Thanks for the update, Travis.

I saw another update for H2 just now I’ve downloaded and installed but I have seen no change at all when trying to redeem the legacy pack. I still get the “currently not available” notice.

Am I doing something wrong? I appreciate the changes being made but I already had the base game installed, not the free version of H1.

I am having the same issue still too.

UPDATE: This method worked for me but will not work for everyone depending on what H1 you own and if you have Game Pass.

1. Uninstall Hitman 1
  2. Uninstall Hitman 2
  3. Install Hitman 1 The complete first season from Game Pass
  4. Open H1 Choose the Hitman 2 Legacy Pack
  5. Install H2
  6. Play

(I did not have the H2 Starter pack installed but I had got it so am not sure if this affected the install in anyway)