Shogun Showdown [23]
Basement Killing [31]
The Jacuzzi Job [22] +1
Murder at the Bazaar [23] -2
The Motorcade Interception [24]
Temple City Ambush [25]
Terminal Hospitality [26]
Redemption at Gontranno [6]

2 missions left until the next round, so might as well vote out the mission that will certainly die anyway.

Anathema [25]
St. Petersburg Stakeout [22]
Kirov Park Meeting [23]
Tubeway Torpedo [23]
Invitation to a Party [26]
Tracking Hayamoto [25]
Shogun Showdown [23]
Basement Killing [32] +1
The Jacuzzi Job [22]
Murder at the Bazaar [23]
Temple City Ambush [25]
Redemption at Gontranno [4] -2

2 Likes

Anathema [25]
Kirov Park Meeting [23]
Tubeway Torpedo [23]
Tracking Hayamoto [25]
Shogun Showdown [23]
Basement Killing [32]
The Jacuzzi Job [20]-2
Murder at the Bazaar [24]+1
Temple City Ambush [25]
Redemption at Gontranno [4]

Anathema [25]
Kirov Park Meeting [23]
Tubeway Torpedo [24]+1
Tracking Hayamoto [25]
Shogun Showdown [23]
Basement Killing [32]
The Jacuzzi Job [19]-1
Murder at the Bazaar [24]
Temple City Ambush [25]
Redemption at Gontranno [3]-1

1 Like

Anathema [25]
Kirov Park Meeting [24] +1
Tubeway Torpedo [24]
Tracking Hayamoto [25]
Shogun Showdown [23]
Basement Killing [32]
The Jacuzzi Job [19]
Temple City Ambush [25]
Redemption at Gontranno [1] -2

1 Like

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

The lawfirm Fuchs, Fuchs & Fuchs have been requested by their client, “The Graveyard Shift”, to demand that this farce of a competition be put on hold pending further inquiry.

Our client has been unfairly treated in this process, as can be noted when taking a closer look at the following pieces of evidence:

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

One must take note of the fact both of these actions took place within the space of merely 11 hours, which constitutes a violation of our client’s rights. Our client was weakened to such an extent that they were easy prey for ensuing opportuntistic and flankly cruel attacks, which robbed them of their pride and inherent worth.

We demand that our client be reinstated at [20] points, that they are granted immunity for the remainder of this round and that they are paid in damages at the value of [30] more points, transferrable to later stages in the competition.

We will see you in court.

Sincerely,
Herr F. Fuchs
Fuchs, Fuchs & Fuchs Law Firm

12 Likes

While these are legitimate concerns, the space of 11 hours itself does not necessarily constitute a violation of the competitions´s rules, as those simply require participants to cast one vote per day. Therefore, it is technically possible to cast votes in an even shorter span of time (e.g. 22:30 and 0:10) and still comply with the rules, as long as they were made on different dates (unless these votes are preceded or followed by votes made on those same dates).

Naturally, due to the fact that we are all located in different parts of the world and the time displayed with each post is of the zone we are in, this is potentially confusing as fuck, and participants are encouraged to cast their votes around the same time of day each time if possible to avoid said confusion :confused:

In order to clarify the case in question: @LeeMorgan130 What city/time zone are you located in please?

9 Likes

Oregon / Pacific Daylight Time

3 Likes

Our client, The Graveyard Shift, has decided to drop charges and be above these shenanigans, but considers itself, and rightly so, the ultimate victor of the championships.

Best of luck to the lesser specimens. If they would require legal representation, they can of course count on the services of Fuchs, Fuchs & Fuchs Law Firm.

Sincerely,
Herr F. Fuchs

10 Likes

If my shitty counting skills and converter are right then, your current time is cca 03:37 (Mar 17) and your last four votes were cast:
Mar 14, 16:27
Mar 15, 15:33
Mar 16, 02:33
Mar 17, 00:10

Anyone who passed math classes with anything better than a C and is willing to double-check that, please do so.

@LeeMorgan130 In order to avoid any potential legal action on part of the Fuchs Brothers law firm, please make sure not to vote in the next 21 hours or so and possibly keep future votes apart in a timespan less confusing for us poor sods living outside the Americas :wink:

I also call upon the Judge, Jury, and Executioner, administrator of this thread, the Honorable @Silvereyes to determine whether the case in question has been resolved in a satisfactory manner, and if not, to make the appropriate decisions :grin:

PS: The Graveyeard Shift´s position on the matter is appreciated and their stance duly noted by the Court. Herr Fuchs, your client is entitled to a free luwak coffee. Please contact the system administrator for details.

8 Likes

It’s hard to subtract a point from any of them other than Redemption at Gontranno, I just do it on Anathema cause I added a lot of points to it till now and it won’t lose anyway. I love the mission nevertheless.

Anathema [24]-1
Kirov Park Meeting [24]
Tubeway Torpedo [24]
Tracking Hayamoto [25]
Shogun Showdown [23]
Basement Killing [32]
The Jacuzzi Job [19]
Temple City Ambush [26]+1
Redemption at Gontranno [0]-1

1 Like

Yeah, everything is fine. If anyone remembers the old championship threads from the old forum, you know we’ve had far worse arguments. Anyone remember that guy who tried to use decimal points, so I had to put a rule in to stop doing that?

5 Likes

Anathema [24]
Kirov Park Meeting [24]
Tubeway Torpedo [24]
Invitation to a Party [27] +1
Tracking Hayamoto [25]
Shogun Showdown [23]
Basement Killing [32]
The Jacuzzi Job [17]-2
Temple City Ambush [26]

2 Likes

Anathema [24]
Kirov Park Meeting [24]
Tubeway Torpedo [24]
Invitation to a Party [27]
Tracking Hayamoto [26] +1
Shogun Showdown [23]
Basement Killing [32]
The Jacuzzi Job [17]
Temple City Ambush [24] -2

Everyone join me on the crusade to take down Temple City Ambush. We will not tolerate levels with boring orange-wearing targets that roam around aimlessly in the terrible maze-like environment with seemingly never ending streets and backalleys that just loop and loop until you lose your will to spend a single second more playing this game.

1 Like

In case you didn’t know,it is not the 1st of April today.:wink:

So,the colour of the targets’ clothes is an argument to say a level is bad?:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

But that’s the great thing about this level.You never know where your tragets are,which makes you truly feel like hunter and hunted and it also makes the level feel relatively new every time you play it(offering great replayability).
I also don’t mind the “maze-like environment” thanks to the great music.

3 Likes

Anathema [24]
Kirov Park Meeting [24]
Tubeway Torpedo [24]
Tracking Hayamoto [26]
Shogun Showdown [23]
Basement Killing [32]
The Jacuzzi Job [17]
Murder at the Bazaar [22] -2
Temple City Ambush [25] +1

1 Like

I must say I am greatly disappointed in the lack of enthusiasm for my crusade.

And yes

3 Likes

Guess this is going to descend into arguments about which mission deserves to be removed. I’m going with Tubeway Torpedo for being a pretty linear slog.

Do find it interesting how C47 and 2SA for all intents really have missions that take place over multiple levels, compared to later games (barring Absolution) trying to make every mission feel big and memorable in their own way. It’s an interesting approach, and does give some targets a bit more importance when you’re having to do multiple levels just so you are able to approach this one guy.

Kindof reminds of Payday 2 actually, when that came out they really promoted the idea of heists having multiple levels, with some levels being very small, usually leading to a big finale. But the problem was that Payday 2 was both a co-op game, and had an XP system which was deliberately designed to replay levels dozens of times. So really pretty much all the DLC heists from then only had 1 or maybe 2 missions since in the older longer heists, players would just try and skim past the slower sections in grind sections.

Granted, that isn’t the same thing with Hitman 2, but it does feel like half the levels of Hitman 2 have very little replayability compared to the other half. Kindof like the quality of Hitman 2’s levels which just jump all over the place.

Anathema [24]
Kirov Park Meeting [24]
Tubeway Torpedo [22] -2
Tracking Hayamoto [26]
Shogun Showdown [23]
Basement Killing [33] +1
The Jacuzzi Job [17]
Murder at the Bazaar [22]
Temple City Ambush [25]

4 Likes

donvito

It was more in line with the usual game mission structures back in the day I guess (not to mention HW limitations?). I personally prefer the “each mission is a standalone contract” approach they went with later, but some of the build-ups such as Hong Kong (where each mission is an assassination and it all feels like you´re genuinely dismantling the security barrier around Hong) or even Japan to an extent (where HV and ATG are annoying as fuck but at least make you feel like Hayamoto really is that difficult to reach) were done immensely well.

I´m at odds between Tubeway Torpedo (I love the St. Petersburg missions, but this one just really is linear and sluggish, especially with the “blow the entrance to the sewers” part), Murder at the Bazaar (just a very meh mission to me, but there are some options at least), and even Terminal Hospitality maybe (though that one seems to be rather popular among the others). Will think it over a bit more…

6 Likes

Guess I´ll go with the one I used to play the least…

Anathema [24]
Kirov Park Meeting [24]
Tubeway Torpedo [22]
Tracking Hayamoto [26]
Shogun Showdown [23]
Basement Killing [33]
The Jacuzzi Job [18] +1
Murder at the Bazaar [20] -2
Temple City Ambush [25]