Hitman Mission Championship - Quarter-Final Brown

I think the idea of teams is not really relevant in this game. Big part of the fun is how allegiances shift and change.

Today I get along just fine with William for example, but I already know I’ll break his heart when “On Top of the World” comes back into the game. It’s not that I look forward to squashing his dreams, but it is an inevitability. The further we go in the game, the more these so-called teams will break up and personal preferences will come to the forefront. Even though MrOchoa and I agree on a lot of things, his dislike of “Rendez-Vous in Rotterdam” still baffles me. Though it’s nice to have such a strong and influential figure in my corner (or to be in his corner) for the long game, namely “Traditions of the Trade” as the ultimate winner. (Even though he scared the shit out of me this morning. )

My votes are not always rational, sometimes strategic, but they’re never aimed against a person. I hoped this would go without saying, but it doesn’t hurt to add a bit to the positive vibe in case anyone was doubtful of that.

For the record: I’m not really angry at the people who downvoted Chongqing. I’m just disappointed.

7 Likes

That’s not necessarily the case, I think it’s just as likely the winner will be a compromise. A mission that is greatly liked by some people could be utterly despised by a handful of others who can manage to eliminate it. Then there’s the issue of strategic voting that could lead to the elimination of generally well-liked missions.

This is another part of the fun of this game: the outcome is more difficult to predict than when we’d just organise a poll of which is whose favorite mission.

5 Likes

It seems I didn’t use a fitting word.
I never meant to call this game: fight, competition, TOXIC (Really? that’s what you interpreted out of my words?), a tool to ANNOY OTHERS or anything else. It was just a categorization of who mostly thinks the same with whom, as a joke. HUMOR. That’s it.

If you still think it was a provoke against anybody, you’re probably too sensitive. I play this game and did that for fun, nothing serious.

9 Likes

You see, Mr Burns, we Germans are not all smile and sunshine :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

No hard feelings, I didn’t read it that way. I just wanted to make it clear.

1 Like

Saying that as if it´s the universal truth doesn´t help. At least add in a “for me personally” :frowning:

Surely not the people here? :thinking:

No argument there. The biggest throwbacks are obviously towards BM (followed by SA), but I too was hoping for some/more C47 references in Santa Fortuna and Chongqing (or generally the Five Fathers) :man_shrugging: Maybe they´ll still come…

That´s something that never bothered me tbh. Being the first Hitman game to venture into the US (not to mention more “civilian” locations), I found it rather refreshing and a welcome change. For WoA the standards are obviously different… And the variety is still bigger than in Absolution…

I miss those too, but Abs and WoA also lack them, so it´s a bit unfair to solely trash BM for that.

That boils down to personal preferences… For me, the missions are more fun than a number of others from previous games, and the fact that they were not subjected to the storyline, but rather standalone contracts, while the story was happening in the background and was conveyed via radio, dialogues, and newspapers, has always been one of the best things about the game. It suited my desire for immersion more.

Remember how long it took to hide bodies in C47, SA, and Contracts? No? Oh wait, yeah, we couldn´t hide them… Nor did we have accident kills… I´m not gonna pretend BM´s gameplay is flawless and holds up perfectly. It´s not, but it implemented a lot of new mechanics. Absolution was a huge leap in the series gameplay-wise and there´s a 6 year gap between those games, so comparing them in that regard is kinda pointless wouldn´t you say?

We all love these games, but we all have different preferences in terms of favourite installments and missions, and we should mutually respect that. Openly downgrading or outright trashing a game/mission might be fun to an extent, but we all know we can easily get overtly sensitive about these things :wink:

5 Likes

I feel like this reply is partly pointed at me, so let me explain where this comes from. When you said the following:

I can only interpret this as toxic behaviour. Keep in mind that all I see is black on white text, not your reasons behind this post. I’m sure it wasn’t meant like that. If it was, well, my post still stands.

Now I don’t want to derail the thread or start useless fights over this, cause I’m sure thats a waste of both of our times. Please send me a PM if you want to continue our conversation. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

There’s a Red Dragon negotiator and a Blue Lotus driver rotting in a sewer who strongly disagree.

My main beef with Blood Money is that, no matter how much I enjoyed it back in the day, I think it aged very badly. I have a hard time putting my finger on the “why” of that, but it’s an inescapable truth for me. It feels so clunky and slow. So easily exploitable to the point that it looks broken, while the much older H:C47 retains all of its smoothness.

4 Likes

Fair enough, but the argument was clearly about dumpsters, not sewers :stuck_out_tongue:

And that´s all well and good. I can´t say my opinions won´t change after my next playthrough of the old games, especially after 3 years of WoA :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I personally keep replaying all the Games, at least once per year, just because I don’t want to get unused to them to the point where I cant stand playing them, like the 3D Era Mortal Kombat Games.

4 Likes

Say Hello to My Little Friend [3]
Anathema [22]
Invitation to a Party [21]
Basement Killing [20]
Beldingford Manor [23]
Rendezvous in Rotterdam [15]
A Vintage Year [14]
You Better Watch Out… [22]
Hunter and Hunted (Absolution) [17]
Blackwater Park [22]
Absolution [20]
World of Tomorrow [22]
Landslide [21]
The Ark Society [16]
The Last Resort [18] -2
Death in the Family [6] +1

Death in the Family recovery team :sunglasses:

8 Likes

i get it, but the biggest call back is in how they designed the levels. i think bm was the holy grail in terms of level design and leaning more on the puzzle aspect. the ‘banal’ locations elevated everything. that was the point the series really soared in that respect. i hope that continues in future.

as much as i dislike absolution, it was the most mechanically sound entry, so woa being a combination of absolution mechanics and blood money level design was music to my ears, and i wasn’t really let down in that respect. peak hitman imo.

if h2 had h2016’s kind of story (great cut-scenes, relatively grounded, hands off and willing to hide information from the player), it’d unequivocally be my favourite game in the series as opposed to just having a majority of my favourite levels.

5 Likes

I appreciate your response and i promise i will not try to change your views on that matter. :relieved:

4 Likes

Thats good because trying to convince me otherwise would be a waste of our both time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Anathema [22]
Basement Killing [20]
Beldingford Manor [23]
A Vintage Year [12]-2
Blackwater Park [22]
Absolution [20]
World of Tomorrow [22]
Landslide [21]
The Ark Society [16]
The Last Resort [18]
Death in the Family [7] +1

3 Likes

Anathema [22]
Basement Killing [20]
Beldingford Manor [23]
A Vintage Year [10] -2
Blackwater Park [22]
Absolution [20]
World of Tomorrow [22]
Landslide [21]
The Ark Society [16]
The Last Resort [18]
Death in the Family [8] +1

3 Likes

Anathema [22]
Basement Killing [20]
Beldingford Manor [23]
A Vintage Year [10]
Blackwater Park [22]
Absolution [20]
World of Tomorrow [22]
Landslide [21]
The Ark Society [17] +1
The Last Resort [18]
Death in the Family [6] -2

Say Hello to My Little Friend [1] -2
Anathema [22]
Basement Killing [20]
Beldingford Manor [23]
A Vintage Year [10]
Blackwater Park [22]
Absolution [20]
World of Tomorrow [22]
Landslide [21]
The Ark Society [17]
The Last Resort [18]
Death in the Family [7] +1

4 Likes

Say Hello to My Little Friend [0] -1
Anathema [22]
Basement Killing [20]
Beldingford Manor [23]
A Vintage Year [11] +1
You Better Watch Out… [21] -1
Blackwater Park [22]
Absolution [20]
World of Tomorrow [22]
Landslide [21]
The Ark Society [17]
The Last Resort [18]
Death in the Family [7]

3 Likes

I feel like you can probably tell everyone’s moral alignment by how they play this game :wink:

Anathema [22]
Basement Killing [20]
Beldingford Manor [23]
A Vintage Year [9] -2
You Better Watch Out… [21]
Blackwater Park [22]
Absolution [20]
World of Tomorrow [22]
Landslide [21]