HITMAN on Stadia

Not from EU but North America.

I’m not sure about how it works regionally but the Hitman servers has been working on and off again for the last 2 weeks. Currently not working for me in North America as of since two days ago. To clarify in case IOI sees this (although I already contacted support too), the problem is specifically with the Hitman IOI servers and NOT Stadia servers. I can play Hitman on Stadia in “offline mode” (connected to Stadia servers but not Hitman servers) just fine. The problem is squarely on IOI’s end.

I raised a support ticket earlier, at first I got the boilerplate error message again. Ironically, the Hitman servers were back up for me by the time IOI support responded.

After I clarified that the problem was most certainly on IOI’s end (for reasons clarified above), I got a generic message about how “the team will hopefully get to the bottom of this issue”. Then, the Hitman servers went down again, so I reopened my ticket with support. To their credit, the support person did say that “we have received similar reports from other players about this issue”, so at least they know it’s not just me.

However, the final support message then morphed into another boilerplate suggestion about “network troubleshooting”, and the support person put my ticket “on hold”. At this point I assumed this meant they would be ignoring further feedback so I stopped replying.

Full screenshots of the exchange with support, so others won’t have to deal with the same nonsense: Hitman Support about Stadia Hitman Servers - Album on Imgur

Anyways. This whole thing kind of reminds me of the Smuggled item Stadia bug from way back. Different users randomly had the issue at certain times with no clear pattern as to who was affected.

I hope that the issue is resolved in any case, and that IOI does not put this issue low in their priorities simply due to the overall lower player base of Stadia. I love Stadia for how it can bring high end gameplay to users on low end PC’s, but if need be I will go back to playing Hitman on Epic with low FPS. I’ll take that sacrifice for a game that actually works.

As a final data point (this is Hardware’s own website, but just for the benefit of any others viewing this), https://hitmanstat.us/ clearly shows that there is an abnormally large number of Stadia users reporting Hitman server problems in the last week or two. Scroll down to the line graph.

TL;DR North American user also having problems here, support ultimately didn’t say much even after clarifying the problem with a lot of evidence.

3 Likes