HITMAN on Stadia

I replied to Adrian on my Zendesk ticket to advise of this update. While it doesn’t do anything to solve the problem until Stadia/IOI actually find a fix between them, it might help the Support team manning the Zendesk emails to be aware that this is [apparently] a known issue so that they can advise anyone else who gets in contact with them about this.

Likewise, might be worth giving a heads-up to @Travis_IOI and @Clemens_IOI of this development in case anyone brings up the current Stadia WoA Online Mode issues in next week’s IOI Insider stream, so that they can respond with latest accurate info.

I just received an answer from the support, they are aware and they now acknowledge the issue.

I would like to let you know that we’re currently investigating the problem you’ve encountered as similar reports from other players reached us as well. While I can’t offer you a solution yet, be assured that our developers are already looking into it.

I’ll put this ticket “on-hold”, and we’ll reach out to you as soon as we have more information available. We do our best to find a solution to your ticket as fast as possible. Please know that it can take a few days until we coordinate and focus our efforts on doing so.

In the meantime, you can also keep an eye on our social media channels where we share any updates as well.

2 Likes

LEts hope that today’s update finally fixes the game… I went back to completing H2 on Steam for the last few weeks, but it is really weak and embarassing that the stadia version has been broken for so long now. For so long in an active phase of the game getting updates and roadmaps and stuff, it’s not like this game is old and forgotten -.-

EDIT: I don’t want to be overly optimistic, but since the patch I could play for ~4 hrs without a single disconnect… Maybe I’m lucky, but it’s looking good!

1 Like

Tried this tonight. It’s pretty damn impressive.

The image is very clear. Controls are super responsive, very little input lag. It’s free.

There are a few issues I had with connection and the controls getting out of hand, but I’m going to chalk that up to my own internet connection rather than Stadia’s servers. I experienced some screen tearing twice in my 1.5-hour test, and numerous times where the controls would get stuck moving in one direction, every 3 minutes or so.

Fun facts about the Free version:

• After completing all the Prologue stuff, the Legacy cinematic doesn’t play, the Hitman 3 Launch trailer does instead. (The “Call me 47” cutscene gets cut off before the Legacy cinematic is shown, but you can still watch it by replaying the cutscene.)

• Dartmoor Garden Show is free!! Also, the Sebastian Principle is also free, but you’ve got to find it yourself in the menu. (The rotation of “new escalations” tile is replaced by a big “Upgrade to Full Game” option on the main page.

• And uhhhhh Mills Reverie appears in the menu? Is this a Stadia bug or a Free version bug? Holiday Hoarders and Hokkaido Snow Festival are still unaccounted for.

• Location rotation shows off what the current location is available, and the period of time it is available.

EDIT: Also, pro tip: If you try to make a Stadia account through the Hitman 3 Starter page, it’ll force you to use the Stadia Pro trial to create your account.
BUT, if you go to the Destiny 2 page instead, you can add that to your account, it’ll activate Stadia and you can then go play Hitman 3 Free, without being forced to use up their free trial.

1 Like