Hitman Sniper

Really curious what you all think of Eidos Montreal’s contributions to the franchise.
It seems like they’re sticking with casual games for tablet and mobile platforms.

I’ve read some great reviews -and I really enjoyed Hitman GO myself- but also heard them described as “nice little tribute games”
On the forums I have seen little talk about their games.

Are these serious Hitman games or are we just sitting it out untill the next AAA release?

Announcing Hitman: Sniper
Hello from Montréal!

We want to start with a huge thank you to everyone that has been playing Hitman GO. Being the first ever game released from our studio, we’ve all been overjoyed with the response from the community both on iOS and now on Android.

Everyone from the GO team is working hard on the next set of levels and we will be sharing more details about that a bit later – but we also have another team working on something else…

We’re proud to announce Hitman: Sniper, a completely new Hitman game that we’re developing for mobile and tablet devices. Here’s a heads-up of what to expect before we head to E3 and showcase it for the first time.

We’ve designed Hitman: Sniper to be a massively competitive sniping game that will focus on the subtlety of execution. You’ll need to have your wits about you to complete scenario-driven contracts that contain a number of targets and assignments. Each one is designed to have a high level of replayability, not only to fine-tune your approach but to explore creative alternatives and to achieve the ultimate score on the leaderboards. If you remember Hitman: Sniper Challenge, released by our friends at Io-Interactive ahead of the launch of Hitman Absolution, you’ll have a pretty good idea of the sort of action you can expect.

Just as with Hitman GO we want to make the best game possible, that’s tailor-built for touch screen devices, and gets the best out of those platforms.

Hitman: Sniper will be launching later this year and will be available free of charge. We want to offer people the opportunity to try the game for free, and then customize their own game experience with optional in-app purchases if they want to. For instance, you can get early access to contracts, or upgrade your sniper rifle – all things you can earn through playing the game. It’s up to you which one you choose and the game won’t force you down a particular route. By making Hitman: Sniper available for free, it will allow more people to have immediate access and increase the level of competition, which is at the core of the game.

We’ll obviously be watching carefully for the reactions of those playing the game, and we’ll be making notes furiously for future updates – so please be honest about your experiences, because we want to make sure we’re getting the balance right.

That’s about it for now; we’ll be sharing a lot more throughout E3,so stay connected to us on Twitter or via the game’s forums for all the latest news, and keep an eye out for Square Enix Presents on YouTube at 12:30PST on Wednesday for exclusive details on the game!

Square Enix Montréal

2 Likes

IMO it’s excellent Square Enix Montréal are developing these games, and what they’ve come up with so far looks pretty exciting. It’s definitely an engaging way of occupying fans in-between the IOI releases. The six year hiatus between BM and Absolution took its toll, but with these tablet/phone games constantly updating, there’s good reason to believe we’ve entered a period where new Hitman material is regularly accessible.

I can’t call it a ‘proper’ Hitman game, though it’s clearly part of the canon. Either way, I can’t wait to get my hands on it.

1 Like

A good excuse to use this awesome picture

7 Likes

Loved, loved, loved Hitman Go. Hitman Sniper looks interesting and I did find some neatness in it, but I’m just wishing for more content for GO, or maybe even a GO 2.

1 Like

Looking forward to playing Hitman Sniper on my Ipad, I was wondering though If it will be compatable with a MFI controller?

Hopefully the touchscreen control will be easy to navigate, but It would be cool If a MFI controller was an option to use.

1 Like

Is this on Android too? I might try it if is.

1 Like

Yes, it is now on Android but not every device.

I’ve been playing it periodically on my phone, however I can’t get it on my tablet.

1 Like

Thanks. My phone is 3 years old (the Original Galaxy Note) so I doubt I can run this smoothly, so I hope I can see it on my Galaxy Note 2014 tablet.

1 Like

Thought Hitman Sniper was not launched yet? and Is said to be launched on IOS first then android. how have you got hold of this before release? or was you talking about playing Hitman Go?

1 Like

Yup, you’re right. I got confused which thread I was in… old man rant here.

1 Like

Correction, I did mean Go - but that was released on idevice only at first so there’s approximately a 100% Sniper will be too.

Ah ok, thanks guys. I guess I’ll have to wait to see it in action.

I Just had a thought that Hitman Sniper Reminds me of Absolution, many of us Will now be able to carry a Sniper rifle In our pockets too :laughing:

@Travis_IOI Is there any Official Launch date For HItman Sniper? or will the blog be updated In due course with more news?

3 Likes

No specific date other than ‘fall’ - or ‘autumn’ if you’re in Europe…

You’ll hear more from the team over in Montreal when they’ve got more specifics. And yeah, that’ll go up on hitman.com first.

It’s decent that they are making original games (I loved Hitman GO), but they should also port Blood Money, Silent Assassin, Contracts and Codename 47 to mobile devices. If Grand Theft Auto San Andreas is smoothly playable on mobile devices why wouldn’t the Hitman games be? Yes, obviously the Hitman games have better graphics than San Andreas, but if that’s a problem, they could just turn the visuals down a notch.

I could see porting Silent Assassin and Contracts across, as those were designed with a streamlined control system that would work with a console - but Codename 47 has the “eight million buttons” issue that games intended only for the glorious PC Gaming Only Masterrace do.

Not that it couldn’t be done, but it’d take a lot of revision.

Yeah C47 would definitely be the hardest Hitman game to port.

1 Like

Since Contracts is essentially a re-make of C47, I wouldn’t see the purpose of it either.

1 Like

@Travis_IOI are there any Montreal devs on the forum?
Do you know if they are aware of this place (I sure hope so!)?

1 Like

I don’t know of any that are registered here, unless they’re just lurking…

They are definitely aware though, 100%.

2 Likes