HITMAN VR (Discussion)

Some yes, some no. Maps got changed for VR, so H1 and H2 bonus content is not avaiable for VR, at least partially. So for example, all Hitman 1 main missions are, but The Icon, House built on Sand and Landslide are not.

Same goes for escalations, no H1 or H2 escalatiopns in VR.

H3 though, being built with VR in mind, does not have those limitations! So you can play all H3 escalations, including Deluxe and 7DS, as well as the Dartmoor Garden Show (and I guess Berlin Easter Egg Hunt, but haven’t tried that) in VR.

Elusive targets / Arcade can be played in VR no matter which game hey are from, including 1 and 2.

2 Likes

That’s alright then, I did only get the vr head set and i play on PS4 so I’ve decided to buy the motion sticks because it’s so hard to control and aim with the controller but im enjoying it so far

I don’t think Playstation supports the motion sticks for Hitman VR. That’s only a controller game, I think.
Only PC gets to use multiple control sticks for VR.

When PSVR2 comes out, then mayyyybe PS will finally get two-handed play

1 Like

correct! It’s all controller based, which some reviewers did not like, as they wanted the full Vr experience.

VR takes some time to get adjusted to (aiming/limited vision), but it is a blast when you get decent at it!

1 Like

PSVR2 early impressions are encouraging. Hope IO patches VR to take advantage of the more capable hardware.

1 Like

IOI… you really better make Hitman VR compatible with PSVR2.

4 Likes

Hopefully Sony delivers a dump truck of cash to IO to make it happen. Sounds like they’re going all-in on AAA VR games so Hitman would make a lot of sense

3 Likes

Wow, I was finally, “technically” able to play The Icon bonus map in VR! One of the targets in the elusive target arcade is there. Why can’t we play The Icon in VR on it’s own if the map works fine for this elusive target?

Makes no sense to me, I bet Patient Zero works too. Just enable it!

9 Likes

I didn’t think about that, that’s awesome!!

1 Like

Wow! That’s an awesome find!

You can also play the nighttime Marrakesh level in VR with the Entertainer elusive target! He’s in a few of the ET arcades.

4 Likes

You can also use this mod to play the bonus missions and special assignments maps in VR :slight_smile:

2 Likes
8 Likes

Alright, IO, give us a sign if Hitman VR is coming to PSVR2

1 Like

I guess this is a great news :

:slight_smile:

10 Likes

I like playing it in VR at least. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My first thought is ‘what?’, followed up by ‘how?’.

7 Likes

I guess it’s a mix between the fan base size, steam players who really liked the VR on Hitman (I know some) and also players who just voted to unlock Steam rewards and cards, and they take the most famous games among the nominees with no regard about game’s background in this category.

Maybe there are games that deserve this prize more. The big issue here is that they (IOI) don’t show any sign or any update for months about PC VR, and more globally on other platforms (like PSVR2).

I think from the beginning that it was a oneshot for both platform (Sony pays dearly for PSVR exclusivity). Maybe they are no longer willing or able to allocate more resources for this (I won’t be surprised). Maybe I’m totally wrong and they are planning a major update later.

3 Likes

And I think MERP’s and others videos on youtube/twitch played a role here. Despite the obvious flaws, a lot of people have fun with it or just watch it for fun. Most of the nominees on Steam are popular games elsewhere and not necessarily the best in their category.

This makes the lack of update for the VR mode of Hitman 3 even more blameworthy.

7 Likes

Same here.

This is just weirdly funny.

I’ve heard A LOT of hype about Bone Labs as the premier, high-quality VR title. So this is certainly shocking, especially with how H3’s Two-handed VR was received this year.

Just… not good. Or at least a very watered-down, limited VR experience than what dedicated titles have done, from what I’ve heard.
I’m guessing many people who don’t even have VR voted for it because it’s such a popular title