Freelancer | Patch 3.170.1 | Bugs and Imperfections

Drop a metal item into the puddle (a gun, a crowbar, whatever) then shoot the item. It will cause a spark and light the oil.

7 Likes

Electrocution kills apparently do not count as ā€œCollateral Accident Killsā€ because the Target and the victim die at the same time. I think this is because of your counter system that only seems to start after a victim gets killed and is completed when the target is killed afterwards, or if itā€™s the other way around.

Either way I just set up a puddle of water, pacified my target on top of said puddle, then threw a car battery at the puddle killing my target AND the guard instantly. This did not count as a ā€œcollateral accident killā€.

1 Like

Users have reported collateral kills being bugged or, at the very least, inconsistent.

Iā€™ve had ā€œCollateral Explosionā€ not register when a target and other npc blew up at the same time.

Itā€™s frustrating.

3 Likes

Well, it seems that everyday I find something new.

When I quit to the main menu and try to go to freelancer again I get this:

This picture looks like shit, I know, but basically I get the main menu background with my id in a corner and prompt to go back on the other.

If i try from the ā€œgame modesā€ tab the same happens.

I have to restart the game to make it work again.

3 Likes

This has happened to me too a few times, after quitting the Game Mode then trying to re-enterā€¦ I kinda forgot to report that :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Why is the ā€œRemote Concussion Collectors Rubber Duckā€ considered a Freelancer tool rather than an item in your Weapons rack? All other ā€œCollectorsā€ items end up in the weapons rack, thatā€™s their unique perk to make up for the fact that they cost more to buy. If you lose a campaign you will lose the Remote Concussion Collectors Rubber Duck since itā€™s an item in your Freelancer tools.

I would recommend either placing this item in the Weapons rack or renaming this item to not be confused with other collectors items that are not lost with your Freelancer tools.

3 Likes

Itā€™s an old item that was already named like that before Freelancer (you got it in H2 by owning H1 GOTY or something similar), itā€™s got nothing to do with the other collector tools (although it could have been interesting to have a persistent duck).

7 Likes

Fair enough, though I think it would still be a good idea for IO to have a look at the item name and consider if they maybe want to do something about it to avoid confusion.

3 Likes

Yes, glad to know itā€™s not just my game.

The problem is, those two paintings are connected. So whatever number you select for one (say from the default, you select painting #3) they BOTH switch to painting #3.

2 Likes

OK I just ran into a bug where I spawned inside a railing in Mumbai. I couldnā€™t move at all, and was so pissed off (this came after a series of infuriating deaths) I immediately alt-f4ā€™d despite hating save scumming.

The game is in such a broken state right now. Like in the past year I had it crashing maybe a couple of times. Now it can often crash multiple times in a single day -_-

2 Likes

I donā€™t know if itā€™s a bug or a feature from IOI, but many of the objectives are frustratingly misleading or inconsistent. For example:

The objective to ā€œUse Only One Disguiseā€ really means ā€œonly change outfits onceā€. I failed this objective once because I changed back into the suit. So I changed outfits twice, but I technically only used one disguise.

The objective ā€œNo Bodies Foundā€ is inconsistent with the established ā€œNo Bodies Foundā€ rule for Silent Assassin. I fail the regular ā€œNo Bodies Foundā€ objective even with NPCs that are killed via accident, poisoned, sedated, or slip on a banana peel - but for Silent Assassin rules, those donā€™t count against ā€œNo Bodies Foundā€.

Iā€™ve had a Silent Assassin Prestige Objective fail because I was spotted by a target just as I was shooting him in the face. In the normal game, it doesnā€™t count as getting spotted if the target sees you but you kill the target before he can say anything to anybody else, so you can still get the Silent Assassin rating. Itā€™s the same in Contracts mode, though, with the complication ā€œDo Not Get Spottedā€ failing even if itā€™s only the target spotting you.

The objective ā€œNo Firearmsā€ is inconsistent with the Prestige Objective ā€œSilent Assassin - No Firearmsā€ based on what each objective considers a firearm. The regular ā€œNo Firearmsā€ objective counts the Sieker and Kalmer as firearms if you use them. But the ā€œSilent Assassin - No Firearmsā€ Prestige Objective counts them as poison as long as you hit an NPC; itā€™ll only fail if you miss the shot. I learned this the hard way earlier today playing Freelancer, but it makes for a fun screenshot to have failed ā€œNo Firearmsā€ but completed ā€œSilent Assassin - No Firearmsā€:

Hopefully IOI fixes the objectives in a future patch to make them clear and consistent!

13 Likes

I wish the Stash crates had a bit less pacifying items and instead some other useful items.
Items that pacify when thrown or used as a melee are pretty much the most commonly found item on ANY map. And should you somehow actually need one, thereā€™s plenty of items you can bring from your safehouse, even a fish, or you could even use the banana as a meelee.

So whenever I see a pacifying item in a stash crate, that item is usually useless to me unless that item has another usage (like the rusty crowbar). To my recollection the Stashes right now can contain A Leadpipe, Poolball, A Baseball, A Crystal Ball An Iron, a Gold Idol, A Golf Ball, and a Hammer. All of these items ONLY have usage as a pacifying item, and are very frequently found on the level.

Also I have to say that some of the crates just make no sense at all.
What is up with the crate always containing a Fire Extinguisher, Earbuds, and an Apple?
That is the weirdest most nonsensical stash crate Iā€™ve ever seen, why is this a regularly occurring combination. What is up with the crate always containing a Baseball, a Lead Pipe and a Napoleon Blownaparte? Why the HELL would anyone ever choose two generic pacifying items over a legal to place remote explosive? Why is there a crate that always has A Gold Idol, an Iron, and a Magnesium Pouch? Only one of those 3 items are an actually useful tool and itā€™s not the two pacifying items.

I do however like the crate containing Wrench, Propane canister, Lethal Poison (Petals). This item has 3 useful tools that you might be in need of during the mission, especially the natural poison that does not appear on all levels. I also like the crate with Rat Poison, Rusty Crowbar, and a Scissor. Itā€™s a simple crate with 3 tools you might need, even if they arenā€™t the best tools around they could still be useful.

I personally wish youā€™d add some more items to the stash crates.

• Explosive Christmas gift
  • Banana
  • Mixtape 47
  • The Ice Baller
  • Hook
  • Cheeseburger
  • Hobby Knife
  • Janbiya
  • The Black Almondā€™s Dagger
  • Explosive Pencil
  • Ica Electrocution Phone
  • Molotov Cocktail
  • Battle Axe
  • ICA Briefcase MKII
    Are some items I think would be good tools to include in the crates.

I would also recommend maybe doing some more obvious themes with the crates, such as
Fisher manā€™s friend:
Hook, Fishing Line, Fish
Accident waiting to happen
Car Battery, Propane Canister, Lethal Poison (Petals)
The Firestarter
Molotov Cocktail, Gas Canister, Fire Extinguisher
It Belongs in a Museum!
Gold Idol, The Black Almondā€™s Dagger, Explosive Compound
The Prankster
Banana, Explosive Christmas Gift, ICA Briefcase MKII
Chemical Warfare
Nitroglycerin, Letha Poison Syringe Mk3, Magnesium Pouch
Voodoo
Shaman Powder, Gas Grenade, Sacrificial Dagger
The Toy Box
Lil Flashy, Napoleon Blownaparte, Proximity Explosive Rubber Duck (Dartmoor Edition)
Boom Box
Explosive Golfball, Explosive Pen, The Iconator
Music Box
Mixtape 47, Violin, Earbuds
The Engineer
Wrench, Hobby Knife, Rusty Crowbar
Can I keep him?
Kiwi, Frog (Lethal Poison), Star Fish
Battle Axe
Battle Axe
Mixed fruits
Grapes, Apple, Coconut

I just feel that if the stash boxes right now are so random that theyā€™re almost immersion breaking. I have to imagine that someone is stashing these crates with items for 47, but when I open a crate and there is no sense at all to the items it contains it makes me think ā€œWhat kind of idiot organization put this thing together?ā€ At least if the boxes were themed Iā€™d feel more like ā€œOh, this guy was being a bit cheekyā€ when I open a box full of goofy items.

13 Likes

Are you playing on PC? My game loves to crash randomly multiple times, too. Itā€™ll periodically freeze for about 15 seconds, the sound will stutter, and then crash to the desktop. Iā€™ve never figured out a full solution to stop the problem, despite multiple Google searches on the issue.

However, I found a workaround that helps minimize the crashing. Before each and every time I launch the game, I go to ā€œC:\Users<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\IO Interactive\HITMAN3ā€ and I permanently delete the files PipelineCache.bin and PipelineLibrary.bin. The game will still sometimes crash if I do this, but itā€™s much rarer; but the game will frequently crash if I donā€™t delete these two files before each and every launch.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a fun one; ā€œDo not change your disguiseā€ is also misleading, as that implies you can start undercover, which you obviously canā€™t. Why they decided to call it that and not ā€œSuit Onlyā€ is beyond me.

5 Likes

Maybe because ā€œSuit Onlyā€ used to inspire multiple Reddit posts per week asking if X counts as suit, or if it has to be the Signature Suit to work. :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, I donā€™t think changing ā€œsuitā€ to ā€œdisguiseā€ helped with that. Itā€™s just strangely worded.

Yeah Iā€™m playing on PC. I donā€™t really have freezes (unless you count those occuring during loadings, but theyā€™re probably caused by my potato PC not having enough ram instead of the game itself) but I often have crashes whenever I try to load a level or go back to the safehouse.

1 Like

Seems like slipping only counts as a slip if they slip on a banana/grape. If they slip on water, it doesnā€™t seem to count even though it absolutely should.

https://twitter.com/The_Elite_MYT/status/1627295924627312640

What makes it more absurd is that slipping on a wet floor is actually realistic, whereas the comedic banana is impossible to do. Bit annoying tbh.

6 Likes

Hey Diana needs to watch her cartoons somehow

4 Likes

Great post which I fully support.

3 Likes