Hitmanforum unavailable during Discourse migration

Hi All,

this weekend (and monday), the forum will be unavailable (it will run in read-only) mode for maintenance reasons. I will be moving the forum from our current hosting provider Digital Ocean to Discourse.org hosting.

During the migration you will not be able to post anything on this site.

16 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up, I reckon some people would go insane if they were to see yet another 502/403 unexpectedly.

7 Likes

@ampburner can you put it up on the front page? not sure everyone will see this thread.

2 Likes

Topic is pinned globally :slight_smile:

PS - part of the reason we are migrating is to prevent future downtime

12 Likes

Thanks a lot. I don’t enjoy the Bad Gateway messages. :smile:

2 Likes

That’s why it’s bad gateway, not good gateway

9 Likes

It’s still working??

Hi everyone!

We’re back. Hitmanforum is now running on a different server. We’re no longer self-hosted, but running on Discourse servers.This should make life easier for me (I no longer need to act as sysadmin) and prevent the dreaded “502 bad gateway” error in the future.

@Falco of Discourse has helped us with the migration. Thanks a bunch Falco!

PS - please report if you see any anomalies. Some of them are known issues which we can solve, like styling issues or missing images. Please report them in this thread.

If your avatar is missing, please take the opportunity to re-upload.

6 Likes

This forum looks like what there’s been some kind of zombie apocalypse. Am I the only one here?

1 Like

we’ve just switched the DNS so some people may still see the old (read-only) website

1 Like

The forum is still completely white for me, no banner at the top or background, I suppose you’re currently working on it?

Anyway thanks for keeping this beast up and running :thumbsup:. Really needed my HMF fix.

1 Like

can you share a screenshot?

1 Like

Oops it just loaded, it’s all back to normal now.

Mfw its tuesday and hmf is still down

luckely its back up :smile:

1 Like

How about fixing lowercase "i"s of usernames in posts being displayed in uppercase, then?

2 Likes

Yep you just joined a couple minutes after it was back I think.

1 Like

I am having a lot of issues. Mostly due to the “read only mode” randomly popping up; sometimes threads do not contain the newest posts (post migration) and sometimes interactions are disabled… I have been trying to edit my profile for a while and there is always an error uploading files.

Update: the issue remains unsolved but only on Chrome. The standard internet browser from Samsung works perfectly.

triggered, check.

1 Like

Hitmanforum reminds you that Hitmanforum is a place for civilized reading discussion.

5 Likes