HMF Playing Monopoly: Game 2

I refuse to pay. Whatever you’re accusing me of.

I did naht do it, it’s not true, it’s bullshit. I did naht

Oh HI MARK

You’re tearing me apart Lisa!

DaZucc: $1019 - $50 = $969.
Free Parking Jackpot: $860 + $50 = $910.

Forgot to update the Jackpot - $910. :wink:

Player 1: Nazareth rolls a

Nazareth lands on Community Chest. He draws a Community Chest card. It reads:

“Grand opera opening. Collect $50 from every player for opening night seats.”

Jacques: $1135 - $50 = $1085.
Eric: $80 - $50 = $30.
DaZucc: $969 - $50 = $919.
Sean: $716 - $50 = $666.
Nazareth: $219 + $200 = $419.

Player 2: Jacques_Shadow’s second attempt to escape Jail. He rolls a

Jacques remains in his cell.

Player 3: EricTheAussie rolls a

Eric lands on St. Charles Place, which is his own property.

Player 4: DaZucc leaves Jails to Just Visit Jacques and Eric, and rolls a

DaZucc lands on Kentucky Avenue, which is owned by Nazareth. He pays Nazareth $18 in rent. DaZucc: $919 - $18 = $901. Nazareth: $419 + $18 = $437.

Player 5: SeanBernowicz second attempt to escape Jail. He rolls a

Sean remains in Jail.

Missing some details but I get the jest of it. What’s Sean’s roll?

EDIT: :ok_hand: Now roll me a three!

I accidently hit the reply button before finishing the post. The way I do these, I type up the words, hit the RNG, save the screen shot into paint, rinse and repeat, edit the board and summary pages, then add them all to the post and then upload.

I have 666 dollars, can I just use my devil powers to escape my unholy imprisonment?

Sorry, you’ve been locked away in a Catholic prison.

Player 1: Nazareth rolls a

Nazareth lands on B&O Railroad. Nazareth buys a $50 train ticket from Jacques. Nazareth: $437 - $50 = $387. Jacques: $1085 + $50 = $1135. Because he rolled a double, Nazareth gets to roll again. He rolls a

Nazareth goes to Jail. He goes directly to Jail. He does not pass Go. He does not collect $200. @Nazareth would you like to use your Get Out of Jail Free Card or pay the $50 fine or attempt to escape next turn?

Player 2: Jacques_Shadow’s last attempt to escape Jail. He rolls a

Jacques fulfills his sentence, and now Just Visit’s the recently incarcerated Nazareth.

Eric lands on St. James Place which is owned by Jacques. Eric pays Jacques $14. Eric: $30 - $14 = $16. Jacques: $1135 + $14 = $1149.

Player 4: DaZucc rolls a

DaZucc lands on Marvin Gardens, which he already owns. Because he rolled a double, DaZucc gets to roll again. He rolls a

DaZucc lands on North Carolina Avenue, which he also owns.

Player 5: SeanBernowicz’s last attempt to escape Jail. He rolls a

Sean finishes his sentence and also decides to Just Visit Nazareth.

Nah, I’ll wait until my last dice roll before using the card.

EDIT: On second thought, I’ll use it now. Hopefully I’ll hit free parking.

Player 1: Nazareth’s first attempt to escape. He rolls a

Nazareth remains behind bars.

Player 2: Jacques_Shadow rolls a

Jacques lands on Tennessee Avenue, which is owned by Nazareth. He pays Nazareth $14 in rent. Jacques: $1149 - $14 = $1135. Nazareth: $387 + $14 = $401. Because he rolled a double, Jacques rolls again. Jacques rolls a

Jacques lands on Water Works, which is owned by DaZucc. Because DaZucc owns both Utilities, he charges ten times the dice roll. 10x10 = $100. Jacques: $1135 - $100 = $1035. DaZucc: $901 + $100 = $1001.

Eric lands on Ventnor Avenue, which is owned by DaZucc. He pays DaZucc $22 in rent. Eric: $16 - $22 = $-6. DaZucc: $1001 + $22 = $1023.

DaZucc lands on the Short Line. It is owned by Eric, but since it is mortgaged, DaZucc is not charged.

Player 5: SeanBernowicz rolls a

Sean lands on Community Chest. Sean draws a Community Chest card. It reads:

“Income tax refund. Collect $20.”

Sean: $666 + $20 = $686.

@Nazareth @Jacques_Shadow @EricTheAussie @DaZucc @SeanBernowicz

So with Eric back in the red, and all 3 of his properties mortgaged, I can’t help but feel like Eric is out. With a $6 debt, theoretically Eric could pay that debt to DaZucc with just 1 property, but with all of them mortgaged, he can’t make any income except through Go and a lucky Chance/Community Chest card. Sorry Eric, but I think you’re finished really. If any of the other players feel differently, please chime in.

In terms of Eric’s 3 properties, I was thinking that maybe all 3 could go to auction? DaZucc is only owed $6, so maybe it would be fairer to just put the 3 to auction between the remaining 4 players? Or DaZucc gets his choice of 1 property and the other 2 go to auction? Or all 3 are inherited by DaZucc? Looking for feedback here, although I should also note that if DaZucc inherits a property, he also inherits the mortgage too.

I’d be happy to let DaZucc decide what happens. I’d still love the two train stations, but if that’s not going to happen I’ll let it be. Choosing one property and the other two going to auction sounds decently fair, but so does putting all three to auction.

I know this will be a surprise coming from me but I would like to cover Eric’s $6 debt.

Nazareth: $401 - $6 = $395. Eric: $-6 + $6 = $0.

I know, I know, but I have my reasons…and it’s not because I’m feeling nice. :smirk:

Player 1: Nazareth’s second attempt to escape Jail. He rolls a

Nazareth succeeds in breaking out of Jail, and lands on Tennessee Avenue, which he already owns.

Player 2: Jacques_Shadow rolls a

Jacques lands on Pennslyvania Avenue. With 1 house, DaZucc charges Jacques $150. Jacques: $1035 - $150 = $885. DaZucc: $1023 + $150 = $1173.

Eric lands on Marvin Gardens. DaZucc charges Eric $24 in rent. Eric: $0 - $24 = -$24. Owes DaZucc $24. Because he roled a double, Eric gets to roll again. I’m sure he is thrilled. Eric rolls a

Eric lands on his own property, the Short Line. @Nazareth, so, wanna bail out Eric again?

DaZucc passes Go and collects $200. DaZucc: $1173 + $200 = $1373. DaZucc lands on Oriental Avenue. With 1 house, Sean charges DaZucc $30. DaZucc: $1373 - $30 = $1343. Sean: $686 + $30 = $716.

Player 5: SeanBernowicz rolls a

Sean lands on Kentucky Avenue, which is owned by Nazareth. He pays $18 in rent. Sean: $716 - $18 = $698. Nazareth: $395 + $18 = $413.

Ah fuck. No, it was a gamble because I was hoping he’d land on my Blue and I could get his shit but it didn’t pay off. Not bailing him out this time.

In that case, we’re back to square one. Is it OK if Eric leaves the game? Eric also owes DaZucc $24 this time, so with a little more of a substantial debt, how about DaZucc gets to pick one of his properties, and the other 2 go to auction? The property DaZucc picks he will need to unmortgage, but I don’t think that is a problem for DaZucc considering his financial state.

Is that OK with everyone? And again sorry Eric, but I think you’re done.

Sounds fair to me.